Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley London or Kent?

Just read an article in the Bromley times
For me Bromley Kent

Comments

• Options
    London
  • Options
    Kent
  • Options
    Kent
  • Options
    Bromley is the largest borough of London. 100% NOT Kent
  • Options
    Bexley is a London Borough. Is that in London ?
  • Options
    Only moved to Bromley because i thought it was Kent
  • Options
    Kent
  • Options
    The London Borough of Bromley is in Kent.
  • Options

London

South London.

• Options
    BR postcodes are not part of London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent
  • Options
    BR postcode, so not London
  • Options
    Kent, bordering on Slurry
  • Options
    Prior to 1965 it would be Kent.
    Post 1965 it is London. OFFICIAL!
    Those are the cold hard facts
  • Options
    Kent for me, as is Bexley
  • Options
    Someone was tryIng to tell me that Sunbury is London the other day because we have a TW (Twickenham) postcode - not having it - nearest London to us is Chiswick (W4). For me, Sunbury is Middlesex - which apparently no longer exists ??
  • Options
    Bromley is within Greater London, the best city on earth. The other day, on the outskirts of Dartford, I walked past a sign proclaiming 'Welcome to Kent, the Garden of England'. The view was of scrubby wasteland, an oily council depot, a line of pylons, derelict allotments, and an encampment of pikeys.
  • Options

Prior to 1965 it would be Kent.
    Post 1965 it is London. OFFICIAL!
    Those are the cold hard facts

Thing is olly if you were born prior 65 and still live in the same house it would mean was born in kent but now live in londob
  • Options
    Those who say 'Kent' are entitled to that opinion. You are also entitled to believe that Elvis is still alive :-)

But as Olly & others have said, Bromley & Bexley are part of London, now. OK, the Post Office hasn't moved with the times, but postcode areas were designed around operational efficiency, not government, attitude or any other realities. Places like the Downham Estate are undoubtedly part of London, with London phone numbers, buses, accents, lifestyles and - most importantly - government.

Do any Bromley types refuse the free OAP tube travel, & say "no thanks, I live in Kent"?
  • Options

Someone was tryIng to tell me that Sunbury is London the other day because we have a TW (Twickenham) postcode - not having it - nearest London to us is Chiswick (W4). For me, Sunbury is Middlesex - which apparently no longer exists ??

Wouldn't the fact you have a TW be more of an argument against being in London ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Wouldn't the fact you have a TW be more of an argument against being in London ?
    Just looked at a map and your correct, Sunbury definitely isn't in London !
  • Options
    Bromley is still a London Borough right? We still vote for a London mayor?

If so...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Just looked at a map and your correct, Sunbury definitely isn't in London !
    Exactly - like I said - not having it

• Options
    Coming soon to CL

Greatest Ocean - Atlantic or Pacific?

Bonus point is you get the film reference.
  • Options

Coming soon to CL

Greatest ocean - From Here to Eternity, set in the Pacific? Or is Billy Ocean even bigger?

• Options

Bromley is within Greater London, the best city on earth. The other day, on the outskirts of Dartford, I walked past a sign proclaiming 'Welcome to Kent, the Garden of England'. The view was of scrubby wasteland, an oily council depot, a line of pylons, derelict allotments, and an encampment of pikeys.

Best city on earth, love your sense of humour!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Downham is london as you come very alike to Blue and deptford and mainly made up of those people back in the day along with big irish community but i always see Bromley and Bickley etc as kent as do not share the same history. I went school in Downham my first flat i lived in as a kid was Downham , christened in a Downham Church, my dad is from Downham , sadly lost its charm these days
  • Options

Coming soon to CL

Greatest ocean - From Here to Eternity, set in the Pacific? Or is Billy Ocean even bigger?

Oceans 11 with Clooney and Co, much better than Sinatra.
  • Options
    Bexley and Bromley both Kent.

Just a different mindset from these people to Londoners
  • Options

Coming soon to CL

Radio Days Woody Allen