Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Froch v Groves

Comments

• Options
    Was a great day out had some brilliant seats , was with the guys from paddy's gym and friends family of George so had some real knowledgable guys around us,

Was annoyed at the wembley effect,

Had loads of lookies willing to boss the kiosk areas with their fighting traveller man attitudes

The plastic gangster skinny jean wearing blazer jacket wide boy I could've been a pro boxer but my hands broke bullshit everywhere

Personally Think that Anthony Joshua will learn fudge all being put in with people like that

Not step him up to quick that's not what I mean, but at least put someone infrint of him that offers more than the bloke down the pub

Mitchell fought his heart out and nailed it tactically

Dégale was very impressive but miles off the level of both groves and froch he needs two or three more hard fights first before he will be champ albeit in a poor field right now

Groves vs froch was a real top billing event I despise froch's brother even more than I did before the bloke is a grade one Cnut

Was a cagey affair I had groves 4-3 up going into the 8th and then boom the punch from the dark parts of froch heart was worth every persons attendance

80k At wembley doesn't work too big a venue for such events the atmosphere was lost

It's not boxing snobbery to say it brings out the dregs of society and the punch ups all along the perimeter of stadium justified that statement

As a whole a little disappointing but a real I was there moment if your a fight fan
  • Options

Was a great day out had some brilliant seats , was with the guys from paddy's gym and friends family of George so had some real knowledgable guys around us,

Was annoyed at the wembley effect,

Had loads of lookies willing to boss the kiosk areas with their fighting traveller man attitudes

The plastic gangster skinny jean wearing blazer jacket wide boy I could've been a pro boxer but my hands broke bullshit everywhere

Personally Think that Anthony Joshua will learn fudge all being put in with people like that

Not step him up to quick that's not what I mean, but at least put someone infrint of him that offers more than the bloke down the pub

Mitchell fought his heart out and nailed it tactically

Dégale was very impressive but miles off the level of both groves and froch he needs two or three more hard fights first before he will be champ albeit in a poor field right now

Groves vs froch was a real top billing event I despise froch's brother even more than I did before the bloke is a grade one Cnut

Was a cagey affair I had groves 4-3 up going into the 8th and then boom the punch from the dark parts of froch heart was worth every persons attendance

80k At wembley doesn't work too big a venue for such events the atmosphere was lost

It's not boxing snobbery to say it brings out the dregs of society and the punch ups all along the perimeter of stadium justified that statement

As a whole a little disappointing but a real I was there moment if your a fight fan

The most nail on head statement on this whole thread no doubt
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Groves has fought wasters and journeyman. Froch has fought class opponents,Jermain Taylor,Kessler,Pascal, Froch didn't even train for the last fight he was out on the raz the night before and still beat groves, this time round he wants blood and has been through hell in camp.

He has already ordered a coffin for groves. Like that clint eastwood film..where he says ."get 3 coffins ready!"

You could see he was waiting to land that right hand. He certainly unleashed the beast in the 8th. Groves went down like a raggy doll as predicted.

As Paddy McGuinness says "lights out all out"

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Serious dickheads at Wembley. I don't get the mentally of some people. I guess watching the action in the ring gives them the taste to have a go themselves! Looks like this happens a lot at boxing events. Shame about the result, but that's boxing. I'm glad the finish was conclusive.

Loads of empty seats in the stadium as some predicted.
  • Options
    Any chance of Froch going back in for Ward at Vegas?
  • Options
    I think Chavez Jr. in Vegas is more likely
  • Options
    No arguments this time round.

Will Froch get his fight with Ward or does he fight de Gale and then pack up?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I reckon de gale could go the same way as groves if he fights froch.

Groves only looked on par with froch as froch was taking his shots on purpose waiting for the opening to land that big right hand. I believe groves would have been beaten in the first fight anyway.

That punch would of put any fighter down so I don't beleive groves has a weak chin at all. Remember Rahman landing one like that on Lennox Lewis?

Lewis still became a world champion.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MSE7 said:

Lewis still became a world champion.

Lewis was World Champ when Rahman landed the punch.
  • Options
    Watched on PPV I thought the undercard was good, Joshua apart, its not his fault he was fighting someone no where near his class, I suspect there are a few who don't fancy fighting him. But he looks a great prospect.
    I was in the Groves camp but had him down by 2 points, thought he was coming back until that punch.
    The whole build up and event was nearly a throwback to the golden era of Middle/super-midde weight boxing, a great nights sport.
    I think Groves will come back better, he'll understand that Froch threw a bomb that most of the time he would have avoided, so mentally he should still have what it takes.
    Hats of to both fighters for making it a great show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that Froch was correct when suggesting GG is not quite tough enough at the highest level. I'm not sure how easy it is to learn toughness in the gym?

GG will win a version of the World title I'm sure.....he won't be fighting guys as hard as Froch all of the time.

• Options
    Although degale is mandatory the fact Carl took two mandertory means he doesn't have to face degale before he takes a voluntery fight of his choice
  • Options

Although degale is mandatory the fact Carl took two mandertory means he doesn't have to face degale before he takes a voluntery fight of his choice

Gotta be Vegas
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    He wants the fight with Chavez jr more than ward and HBO want that fight more as the froch vs ward fight would be same as the last one boring with one outcome

Froch will be buzzing after the devistating ko of groves and will be looking for the biggest fight out there degale in England is nothing compared to a ceasers palace headline top of the bill with jr
  • Options
    Any idea who Degale would fight?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No chance of Froch beating Ward, pointless fight for both teams.

Chavez jr offers Froch a far bigger chance of winning and a lot more money on top.

Hope Degale fights Groves again.
  • Options

Any idea who Degale would fight?

Assuming Froch vacates the IBF title -likely if he's forced to fight Degale next, the IBF would put Degale in with another of their ranked fighters for the vacant title. Next in line on their rankings is Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez but he's scheduled to fight in Macau in July so it's anybody's guess.
  • Options
    If Degale fights another boxer from the IBF list for the vacant title and wins, then defending it in a rematch with Groves would be a great fight.
  • Options

If Degale fights another boxer from the IBF list for the vacant title and wins, then defending it in a rematch with Groves would be a great fight.

If Groves were to lose that…
  • Options

Really interested in Paddy. I had never heard of him prior to him taking on George.

He talks a barrelload of sense and am surprised he hasn't been in the public spotlight before. Found him fascinating.

On another point you made, I pulled my two lads out of amateur boxing last year as it has far too many of the people you describe involved for it to be worth the hassle. Even at youth level I felt the people involved in the sport just exploited the kids and treated em like meat.

In professional boxing, the higher up the ladder you go the bigger the crook/arsehole you encounter. I prefer to watch it from the sofa now, far less hassle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are still decent people involved but I can completely understand what you are saying
  • Options
    Definitely think Ward 2 is possible

As @nla said earlier, froch has come out a lot stronger in kessler 2 and groves 2 tactically

Can he beat SOG? Dont think anyone has hit him properly for a long time. Elusive fighter

Carl would take him on because his nature is get rich or die boxing

Andre ward biography is excellent btw
  • Options
    Didnt see any trouble myself, looks like we are off to see fury next month now though so I expect to see plenty of knobheads there
  • Options
    That will absolutely rammed full of gypos be under no illusions, sounds like you know anyway mind.

Thats an interesting fight fury v chisora

Froch would get beat up again by ward. Groves had his number and maybe a lack of experience told and Ward absolutely has his number. Best not to forget that slasher of a right hook would have took anyone down and groves was a bit silly to commit whilst on the ropes Ward wouldn't make a nause up like that.

The thought of DeGale fighting Ward is making me yawn. The fight would send me to sleep
  • Options
    SS2 now for anyone that hasn't seen it.
  • Options
    Right there is a ten pound note attached to my boiler waiting to be donated to the upbeats. Am I best off handing this to someone on here or is there a justgiving or site I can donate via?

Heard Groves v Bika is a very real possibility today. No idea when I would guess about October if this is not complete bullshite
  • Options
    Carter said:

Right there is a ten pound note attached to my boiler waiting to be donated to the upbeats. Am I best off handing this to someone on here or is there a justgiving or site I can donate via?

Heard Groves v Bika is a very real possibility today. No idea when I would guess about October if this is not complete bullshite

P'raps (as Curbs would say) Thai Malaysian Addick will let you use the gift aid page he has set up for the first fixture sweepstake.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Good man Carter!
  • Options
    Sauerland done a Q&A the other day and said plan A was for Groves to get back out in September/October and then fight the winner of Abraham/Smith for the world title in early 2015!

But obviously the Bika fight would give him a world title shot next rather than waiting.
  • Options
    @thai malaysia addick‌ is this a goer? Let me know the details buddy and I will oblige, if not I am equally happy to hand over the money in person to anyone who can bank it for upbeats