Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why do the board get so much criticism on here. Or why am I so wrong

Comments

• Options
    It's editor (sorry, not sure if that's the correct title) is Airman Brown but the article of interest is an exposé by Sky News' City Editor (who happens to be an Addick) relating to papers he's relating to our owners attempts to sell Charlton.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Sorry SE9 have never read it, who produce it

Forty-odd years as a Charlton fan and you've never read VOTV? Also, you haven't read the thread on here that's been going since yesterday discussing it? You are Tony Jimenez and I claim my £5

• Options

Vincent said:

Forty-odd years as a Charlton fan and you've never read VOTV? Also, you haven't read the thread on here that's been going since yesterday discussing it? You are Tony Jimenez and I claim my £5

LOL

• Options
    Hmmmmmm............
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Then you missed the five or so times I wrote for it back in the 90s? Nevermind, my musings were wank.
  • Options
    Vincent

Earlier in this thread you wrote:

4. From what I know on a personal level Rick and Wendy have severed the club really well for many years and I am sorry that neither is now connected to the club as for Matt I am not sure who he is. Peter, Richard and Curbs were an ideal combination not sure what Peter's motivation was for coming back to the club.

All sounds like very intimate knowledge, but now you are claiming complete ignorance of VOTV. Come on, pull the other one
  • Options
    Sounds to me like Vincent has some hearing problems......
  • Options
    Vincent Van Guffs?
  • Options

Vincent Van Guffs?

That's the one, SA

• Options
    se9addick said:

It's editor (sorry, not sure if that's the correct title) is Airman Brown but the article of interest is an exposé by Sky News' City Editor (who happens to be an Addick) relating to papers he's relating to our owners attempts to sell Charlton.

So what is new
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Vincent said:

Very funny, VOTV no never read it, don't buy programmes either never had. Not interested in people who are very brave coming on here and slagging other Charlton fans off just not for sharing their view.

• Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Very funny, VOTV no never read it, don't buy programmes either never had. Not interested in people who are very brave coming on here and slagging other Charlton fans off just not for sharing their view.

Who's slagging you off?
  • Options

Vincent

4. From what I know on a personal level Rick and Wendy have severed the club really well for many years and I am sorry that neither is now connected to the club as for Matt I am not sure who he is. Peter, Richard and Curbs were an ideal combination not sure what Peter's motivation was for coming back to the club.

All sounds like very intimate knowledge, but now you are claiming complete ignorance of VOTV. Come on, pull the other one

You are on here calling me a liar but I have never read VOTV

• Options

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Who's slagging you off?
    Read some of the recent posts on here
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Vincent said:

Vincent

You are on here calling me a liar but I have never read VOTV

Thing is - anyone with knowledge of Rick Everitt and Wendy Perfect knows damn well what VOTV is, and who produces it. If you didn't, then you wouldn't know who Rick Everitt is. You're painting yourself into a corner - and getting all defensive when, in reality, your questions about why people are suspicious of the current board have been answered multiple times, even before the end of the first page of this thread. Your 'view' is a perfectly valid one. You asked for answers to questions - you got them. You've spent the next three days wilfully ignoring those answers, and now the thread's dragging on a bit, you're starting to say things that don't make much sense.
  • Options
    Rubbish, Rick Everitt was a Bexley Councillor for many years, I have been on coaches to away games with him as far back as Lewis coaches at Greenwich. Wendy I am sure used to come to the Valley Club whilst we were at Selhurst and sell tickets for away coach travel. Those critical of the current board are unable to tell me what would have happened if they had not taken over when Richard Murrey sold the Club. He had been looking for a buyer for years and as far as I can see he still does. Their are people on here with their own motives to criticise/undermine the board to promote the supporters trust But I will never be one of them
  • Options
    Blimey - paranoid much? Stop seeing conspiracy theories about there being cliques on here, and conspiracies to undermine the board. The trust isn't exactly powerful - it seems to be a bunch of well intentioned folk who are (no offence here) trying to find out exactly what their place is in the current situation, not a sinister group of puppetmasters looking to undermine a gallant board of directors with the best intentions of the. club at heart.

No - there isn't a 'conspiracy' to undermine the board here, so much as about 98% of posters actively wanting them to fuck off before they destroy the club. If you can't see that's what's happening, then that's a shame.
  • Options
    Is Wendy Perfect the lady with ginger hair who also sells VOTV ?
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Rubbish, Rick Everitt was a Bexley Councillor for many years, I have been on coaches to away games with him as far back as Lewis coaches at Greenwich. Wendy I am sure used to come to the Valley Club whilst we were at Selhurst and sell tickets for away coach travel. Those critical of the current board are unable to tell me what would have happened if they had not taken over when Richard Murrey sold the Club. He had been looking for a buyer for years and as far as I can see he still does. Their are people on here with their own motives to criticise/undermine the board to promote the supporters trust But I will never be one of them

Those who are critical are doing so to promote the supporters trust? Have you got any evidence to back up that statement?

• Options

Is Wendy Perfect the lady with ginger hair who also sells VOTV ?

Wendy has straight red hair & glasses. Rick's wife has very curly ginger hair. It could be either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We wouldve gone bust vincent and prob bought by someone for a quid and poor local business wouldve gone bust and we wouldve ended up in lge 2 under parkinson

they got plaudits and the support now they have run out of money and are risking our club with their shit mgmt i have stated why i believe this on numerous occasions

you keep believing all is ok , it aint though btw
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Seth has stepped in here but I really feel the need to challenge this one... go to the Trust website and show people where there is a concerted campaign to "criticise/undermine the board" If we were doing that then why was Razil in the programme yesterday and why did the club promote our survey + distribute 4,000 copies of Trust News with the programme back in May. Far from undermining the board we seek to gauge supporter opinion through surveys and feed that back to fans and the Club.
    This thread started well and I joined in to answer your question with a collection of facts and opinions which you appeared to appreciate at the time... the difficulty is to rise above the opinion and counter argument - a challenge for you here, for the supporters Trust and for the Club board.

• Options

Vincent said:

Seth has stepped in here but I really feel the need to challenge this one... go to the Trust website and show people where there is a concerted campaign to "criticise/undermine the board" If we were doing that then why was Razil in the programme yesterday and why did the club promote our survey + distribute 4,000 copies of Trust News with the programme back in May. Far from undermining the board we seek to gauge supporter opinion through surveys and feed that back to fans and the Club.
    This thread started well and I joined in to answer your question with a collection of facts and opinions which you appeared to appreciate at the time... the difficulty is to rise above the opinion and counter argument - a challenge for you here, for the supporters Trust and for the Club board.

I've kept out of this argument so far, but this last bit smacks of arrogance. It implies the Trust are doing the Board a huge favour. Surely it's the other way round?
  • Options
    How loopy?
  • Options

Vincent said:

I've kept out of this argument so far, but this last bit smacks of arrogance. It implies the Trust are doing the Board a huge favour. Surely it's the other way round?
    Allow me to clarify... three different challenges of a similar nature... Vincent, CASTrust and CAFC all have their own challenges - I am asking Vincent to rise above the individual elements on this thread and make his case either for the board of whatever his conclusion is after this discussion... similarly CASTrust has a challenge to sift opinions from hard fact, rumours and analysis to try to bring a measured appraisal to the fan base of wtf is going on... and CAFC board can choose to communicate with the fans or not as they see fit.

At times it might be in the interests of the Trust membership and the wider fan base to work with the Club direct and the Club have chosen to accept that approach... as long as CASTrust can deliver on its mission then all is good surely?

For anyone unsure of the Trust mission click the link below

castrust.org/mission/

• Options
    SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.
    I also do not believe that as a football club we are in a very good financial position at the moment, but not many football clubs are and I do not hold the board to blame for this.
    Please tell me how Charlton can survive financially whilst outside the PL. Cut the playing staff and reduce wages, considerably increase the price of ST's and game by game ticket prices. Ground share, Sell the training ground, increase the cost of merchandise, stop work in the community. because there is not much else they can do IMO.
    Despite the fact that we are losing so much money season ticket prices are very competitively priced. How many at the Valley on Saturday paid the full adult season ticket or match day ticket, because I think a club that values the old, sick and young including families and makes it affordable to attend football matches has my support
    How many players have we sold over the past 3 years to keep the club afloat rather than putting in ones own money. Anyone that keeps our best players whilst we are losing so much money has my full support.
    Running Valley Express at what must be a loss, to keep our Kent and Sussex based supporters coming to the Valley has my support.
    1 last point before you lose the will to live, Cardiff as you know are now in the PL and this was achieved by running up a massive debt which I believe they have just payed off. How much longer could they have gone on if they had not got promotion who knows and what a massive risk they took but all held their nerve and are now looking forward to this season.
  • Options

Blimey - paranoid much? Stop seeing conspiracy theories about there being cliques on here, and conspiracies to undermine the board. The trust isn't exactly powerful - it seems to be a bunch of well intentioned folk who are (no offence here) trying to find out exactly what their place is in the current situation, not a sinister group of puppetmasters looking to undermine a gallant board of directors with the best intentions of the. club at heart.

No - there isn't a 'conspiracy' to undermine the board here, so much as about 98% of posters actively wanting them to fuck off before they destroy the club. If you can't see that's what's happening, then that's a shame.

So they take heed and fuck off with no buyer what then for CAFC

• Options
    Richard Murray sold the Club to the current owners, who now seem to have either lost interest, gone skint, or both. So is RM not slightly to blame for the current situation ?

(I accept that the financial revelations on Saturday show what a great friend to Charlton he has been).
  • Options

Richard Murray sold the Club to the current owners, who now seem to have either lost interest, gone skint, or both. So is RM not slightly to blame for the current situation ?

(I accept that the financial revelations on Saturday show what a great friend to Charlton he has been).

Yes, along with PV who recommend them
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Yes, along with PV who recommend them
    And still no one has come back to me and said where we would be now if they had not taken over or what would happen if they decided to walk away with no buy in line