Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why do the board get so much criticism on here. Or why am I so wrong

Comments

• Options

We wouldve gone bust vincent and prob bought by someone for a quid and poor local business wouldve gone bust and we wouldve ended up in lge 2 under parkinson

they got plaudits and the support now they have run out of money and are risking our club with their shit mgmt i have stated why i believe this on numerous occasions

you keep believing all is ok , it aint though btw

did this not answer it directly to you
  • Options
    who knows who may have taken over , it's all guess work at where we would be now

and if they walk away and we go into admin i'm sure there will be people willing to take us on
    or if they lower their price there will be buyers but we wont know till it happens
    and it's all guess work

where would we be if curbs or parky still managed us .... no one knows it's all guesswork ffs
  • Options
    Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Richard Murray sold the Club to the current owners, who now seem to have either lost interest, gone skint, or both. So is RM not slightly to blame for the current situation ?

(I accept that the financial revelations on Saturday show what a great friend to Charlton he has been).

Yes, along with PV who recommend them
    And still no one has come back to me and said where we would be now if they had not taken over or what would happen if they decided to walk away with no buy in line

The answer to your question is probably "administration, and still in League One today".

• Options

Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Richard Murray sold the Club to the current owners, who now seem to have either lost interest, gone skint, or both. So is RM not slightly to blame for the current situation ?

(I accept that the financial revelations on Saturday show what a great friend to Charlton he has been).

And still no one has come back to me and said where we would be now if they had not taken over or what would happen if they decided to walk away with no buy in line

The answer to your question is probably "administration, and still in League One today".

guesswork
  • Options
    its close though oohaah only we wouldve ended in lge 2
  • Options
    They won't walk away as they want their money back. There are buyers out there just not at the price TJ currently wants to sell at.
  • Options

NLA

And I would be looking forward to our away game at Welling next season

• Options

They won't walk away as they want their money back. There are buyers out there just not at the price TJ currently wants to sell at.

well, they will have to lower the asking price by January, because that's when 80% of our players can start talking to other clubs about walking away for nothing
  • Options
    Only Clubs outside England. Well, officially that is.
  • Options

well, they will have to lower the asking price by January, because that's when 80% of our players can start talking to other clubs about walking away for nothing
    Sorry but there not many of that 80% that will go to a bigger club than ours, and after reading the comments on here after Saturdays performance or lack of it most won't be lost.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't have to be a bigger Club than us, just one that pays more money or offers a contract longer than a year.
  • Options

Don't have to be a bigger Club than us, just one that pays more money or offers a contract longer than a year.

If anyone of the current lot apart from Solly or Kermo get either I would be amazed but you never know

• Options
    I would say this. When he arrived,Slater said he would like to be the chairman of a premier league club for at least one season,and I genuinely believe he meant that. It is a fact that they did turn our fortunes around. They got a decent manager and gave him a decent set of players with which to work with. Success followed quickly,probably quicker than they thought. They were well on their way to achieving their goal. Make Charlton a prem outfit again and sell up. But then last summer happened and the money required to reach the prize was gone. They are now,prematurely ,at their end game and have to sell. The reason for that remains unclear,But one has to wonder what they could have achieved had the funds not dried up.
    I think we all know that this pie in the sky relocation project would possibly have some legs had we made it to the prem. And I think they know that to. Would somebody else be willing to take up the mantle and fund a push up the table? I'm not so sure.The first thing he'd be asking himself is "why did the last bloke clear off?"
  • Options

I would say this. When he arrived,Slater said he would like to be the chairman of a premier league club for at least one season,and I genuinely believe he meant that. It is a fact that they did turn our fortunes around. They got a decent manager and gave him a decent set of players with which to work with. Success followed quickly,probably quicker than they thought. They were well on their way to achieving their goal. Make Charlton a prem outfit again and sell up. But then last summer happened and the money required to reach the prize was gone. They are now,prematurely ,at their end game and have to sell. The reason for that remains unclear,But one has to wonder what they could have achieved had the funds not dried up.
    I think we all know that this pie in the sky relocation project would possibly have some legs had we made it to the prem. And I think they know that to. Would somebody else be willing to take up the mantle and fund a push up the table? I'm not so sure.The first thing he'd be asking himself is "why did the last bloke clear off?"

Carly totally agree with you.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Vincent - here's the thing I don't understand about you, you seem like an intelligent chap but why are you obsessed with the hypothetical what could have happened when the more pressing issue is what is happening.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Vincent said:

SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.

Thank you for your reply. It seems you have no evidence for your statements except what you believe. What you believe is contrary to the evidence available that seriously red has outlined.
    When you say 'these people', and that these people, who you do not know, are 'extremely rude' how does that make sense?
    You seem to be saying 'I do not know anything about these people, I do not know who they are even. But what I do know is that they (whoever they are) are extremely rude and have a subversive agenda.
    Good luck with all that because it makes no sense at all. It is like me saying 'I don't know your sister from Adam, but I do know she is an angel who plays the violin beautifully'.
    Pure guesswork Vincent.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Vincent - here's the thing I don't understand about you, you seem like an intelligent chap but why are you obsessed with the hypothetical what could have happened when the more pressing issue is what is happening.
    SE9 was it your birthday on Saturday? - I have been going to the Valley since 1971 and apart from the PL years under RM were have always been in debt, selling our best players and it has been doom and gloom. But we are still here and will be for years to come. As I have said before we will be here (not so long me) for years after the current board, CP and the squad have gone. Also how do we attract new support by constantly being negative about CAFC and it's current plight.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.

Thank you for your reply. It seems you have no evidence for your statements except what you believe. What you believe is contrary to the evidence available that seriously red has outlined.
    When you say 'these people', and that these people, who you do not know, are 'extremely rude' how does that make sense?
    You seem to be saying 'I do not know anything about these people, I do not know who they are even. But what I do know is that they (whoever they are) are extremely rude and have a subversive agenda.
    Good luck with all that because it makes no sense at all. It is like me saying 'I don't know your sister from Adam, but I do know she is an angel who plays the violin beautifully'.
    Pure guesswork Vincent.
    I was called and Asshole on this site Saturday that was removed shortly after it was posted. I have had other rude remarks made just because of my views of what the board are doing.

If you want evidence just read the posts on CL.

As for not knowing who these people are, do you know them all. I could be sitting near you every week and you would never know.
  • Options

Vincent said:

Rubbish, Rick Everitt was a Bexley Councillor for many years, I have been on coaches to away games with him as far back as Lewis coaches at Greenwich. Wendy I am sure used to come to the Valley Club whilst we were at Selhurst and sell tickets for away coach travel. Those critical of the current board are unable to tell me what would have happened if they had not taken over when Richard Murrey sold the Club. He had been looking for a buyer for years and as far as I can see he still does. Their are people on here with their own motives to criticise/undermine the board to promote the supporters trust But I will never be one of them

Seth has stepped in here but I really feel the need to challenge this one... go to the Trust website and show people where there is a concerted campaign to "criticise/undermine the board" If we were doing that then why was Razil in the programme yesterday and why did the club promote our survey + distribute 4,000 copies of Trust News with the programme back in May. Far from undermining the board we seek to gauge supporter opinion through surveys and feed that back to fans and the Club.
    This thread started well and I joined in to answer your question with a collection of facts and opinions which you appeared to appreciate at the time... the difficulty is to rise above the opinion and counter argument - a challenge for you here, for the supporters Trust and for the Club board.

I've kept out of this argument so far, but this last bit smacks of arrogance. It implies the Trust are doing the Board a huge favour. Surely it's the other way round?
    Allow me to clarify... three different challenges of a similar nature... Vincent, CASTrust and CAFC all have their own challenges - I am asking Vincent to rise above the individual elements on this thread and make his case either for the board of whatever his conclusion is after this discussion... similarly CASTrust has a challenge to sift opinions from hard fact, rumours and analysis to try to bring a measured appraisal to the fan base of wtf is going on... and CAFC board can choose to communicate with the fans or not as they see fit.

At times it might be in the interests of the Trust membership and the wider fan base to work with the Club direct and the Club have chosen to accept that approach... as long as CASTrust can deliver on its mission then all is good surely?

For anyone unsure of the Trust mission click the link below

cast

This is where I get a little confused. One of the members of the Trust is at war with the management of the club. He produces an occasional periodical that heaps vitriol on the present owners and management at £2 a pop. At one of the earlier Trust meetings he was lionized by the new Trust officers.

How can that possibly help to promote a rapport between supporters and the Club management?

What happens if the present Trust officers stand down, and that individual stands and is elected Trust Chair?

Will the Trust then be used to promote that individual's agenda?
  • Options
    Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.
    I was called and Asshole on this site Saturday that was removed shortly after it was posted. I have had other rude remarks made just because of my views of what the board are doing.

If you want evidence just read the posts on CL.

As for not knowing who these people are, do you know them all. I could be sitting near you every week and you would never know.
    I think it is wrong for you to be abused on the internet Vincent. However you are saying (it seems) that those who abuse you are trust members, yet you don't know who they are. You also said earlier that there are people on here who criticise and undermine the board to promote the supporters trust. You have no evidence for that statement, it is your supposition, and indeed it is contrary to the solid verifiable evidence stated by seriously red.
    In order to have a credible position it helps if there is some substance backing up what you are saying.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Loopy, the trust, VOTV and Valley Gold are all completely separate entities.

I can only speak for the Trust but we are a fully incorporated society with strict statutory regulations governing our activities - in short it would be very, very difficult for an individual to use the trust to promote their own agenda.

Where the three groups coincide is our desire to see the best for Charlton Athletic. To that end I am a member of the Trust, VG and read VOTV but they are separate organisations and its very important to highlight what the Trust is, what it does and what it can't do.
  • Options
    The owners have done a brilliant job in undermining themselves. They don't need any help.

I agree with Vincent that our season tickets are superb value though.
  • Options

Vincent said:

Rubbish, Rick Everitt was a Bexley Councillor for many years, I have been on coaches to away games with him as far back as Lewis coaches at Greenwich. Wendy I am sure used to come to the Valley Club whilst we were at Selhurst and sell tickets for away coach travel. Those critical of the current board are unable to tell me what would have happened if they had not taken over when Richard Murrey sold the Club. He had been looking for a buyer for years and as far as I can see he still does. Their are people on here with their own motives to criticise/undermine the board to promote the supporters trust But I will never be one of them

Seth has stepped in here but I really feel the need to challenge this one... go to the Trust website and show people where there is a concerted campaign to "criticise/undermine the board" If we were doing that then why was Razil in the programme yesterday and why did the club promote our survey + distribute 4,000 copies of Trust News with the programme back in May. Far from undermining the board we seek to gauge supporter opinion through surveys and feed that back to fans and the Club.
    This thread started well and I joined in to answer your question with a collection of facts and opinions which you appeared to appreciate at the time... the difficulty is to rise above the opinion and counter argument - a challenge for you here, for the supporters Trust and for the Club board.

I've kept out of this argument so far, but this last bit smacks of arrogance. It implies the Trust are doing the Board a huge favour. Surely it's the other way round?
    Allow me to clarify... three different challenges of a similar nature... Vincent, CASTrust and CAFC all have their own challenges - I am asking Vincent to rise above the individual elements on this thread and make his case either for the board of whatever his conclusion is after this discussion... similarly CASTrust has a challenge to sift opinions from hard fact, rumours and analysis to try to bring a measured appraisal to the fan base of wtf is going on... and CAFC board can choose to communicate with the fans or not as they see fit.

At times it might be in the interests of the Trust membership and the wider fan base to work with the Club direct and the Club have chosen to accept that approach... as long as CASTrust can deliver on its mission then all is good surely?

cast

This is where I get a little confused. One of the members of the Trust is at war with the management of the club. He produces an occasional periodical that heaps vitriol on the present owners and management at £2 a pop. At one of the earlier Trust meetings he was lionized by the new Trust officers.

How can that possibly help to promote a rapport between supporters and the Club management?

What happens if the present Trust officers stand down, and that individual stands and is elected Trust Chair?

Oh come on. You are referring to Airman Brown. He has declared that he supports the Trust. I assume that he has paid his fiver. If so he has no more influence on the Trust than you. I don't know what you mean by him being "lionised" since I wasn't at the meeting. Perhaps you could explain.

As to your final point, the analogy would be if David Cameron would be replaced by Jason Rees Mogg as Prime Minister. I imagine there would be consequences at the ballot box.

As we can see every minute on CL, we are not sheep.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Vincent said:

cast

I presume you are talking about Airman Brown. I imagine he is a trust member (although I am not 100% certain he has joined), and you question his actions and what may happen in the future if he somehow takes over the trust.
    The head honcho of Andrews Air Conditioning is also a trust member I believe. That organisation re-negotiated shirt sponsorship for this season (at a reduced rate?). Are you equally afeared that the Andrews person will also somehow wrest control of the supporters trust?
    The trust is a broad church of Charlton fans who share the desire to preserve football at the Valley for this and future generations.
    Purely personally, for all it's innocence and youth as an organisation, I believe the trust will be the only game in town when it all goes pear shaped.

• Options
    Shit, there will be consequences for me now that I have cast Airman in the role of Jason Rees-Mogg :-)
  • Options

Vincent said:

cast

This old chestnut. Study Rick's record over the last 28 years and you will see that his only "agenda" has been safeguarding the Club. People get far too hung up on who is sitting on this or that committee at Charlton.
    How on earth can you have a so called "rapport" between owners and fans when the owners dont want to be here and are considering selling our Valley ?
  • Options
    OK, as expected, I ask a few questions, and am the next one to be vilified for having a different view to the norm.

Well, at least I now know not to waste my £5.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Is it a full moon tonight?
  • Options

Is it a full moon tonight?

Hope not I used to be a werewolf but I'm not so sure nowwwwwwwwwww!
  • Options

OK, as expected, I ask a few questions, and am the next one to be vilified for having a different view to the norm.

Well, at least I now know not to waste my £5.

But you didn’t just “ask a few questions” did you? This was the preamble to your questions – fully of pretty emotive language (and personally I prefer it if people spell out who they’re talking about rather than insinuate):

“One of the members of the Trust is at war with the management of the club. He produces an occasional periodical that heaps vitriol on the present owners and management at £2 a pop. At one of the earlier Trust meetings he was lionized by the new Trust officers”.

And in response you haven’t been “vilified for having a different view” - people have simply disagreed with you in a reasonable manner. It would seem that you’re the one who has difficulty dealing with ‘different views’?