Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why do the board get so much criticism on here. Or why am I so wrong

Comments

• Options
    The trust has several reasons for continuing to expand at the rate it has established in its first 6 months... to reach more of the fanbase, to be more able to assist the club & to show where it might be in 12 months time...
    some fans wait and see, some declare disinterest via survey or on here... but more and more are joining and more donations come in all the time... and more supporters are offering to lend a hand...which in turn supports more activity
    The point is that once the Trust is established with mass membership and a big active base, it is unlikely to suddenly shift direction.
    The mission is clearly stated on the website and the Trust has developed its own publication and agenda... if you like you can compare and contrast with VotV?
    Simplest answer is for peeps to join up...its not going to bite!
    The supporters Trust is young and I'm sure there are a diverse range of views within the membership but the mission is very clear.
    Personally I have only been involved in supporters organisation for less than 12 months - what strikes me is how few of the Charlton fans are in the variety of organisations... if more people took an interest then maybe the fans voice would be louder and we could build a realistic vision of where this club of ours might go?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.

Thank you for your reply. It seems you have no evidence for your statements except what you believe. What you believe is contrary to the evidence available that seriously red has outlined.
    When you say 'these people', and that these people, who you do not know, are 'extremely rude' how does that make sense?
    You seem to be saying 'I do not know anything about these people, I do not know who they are even. But what I do know is that they (whoever they are) are extremely rude and have a subversive agenda.
    Good luck with all that because it makes no sense at all. It is like me saying 'I don't know your sister from Adam, but I do know she is an angel who plays the violin beautifully'.
    Pure guesswork Vincent.
    I was called and Asshole on this site Saturday that was removed shortly after it was posted. I have had other rude remarks made just because of my views of what the board are doing.

If you want evidence just read the posts on CL.

As for not knowing who these people are, do you know them all. I could be sitting near you every week and you would never know.
    I think it is wrong for you to be abused on the internet Vincent. However you are saying (it seems) that those who abuse you are trust members, yet you don't know who they are. You also said earlier that there are people on here who criticise and undermine the board to promote the supporters trust. You have no evidence for that statement, it is your supposition, and indeed it is contrary to the solid verifiable evidence stated by seriously red.
    In order to have a credible position it helps if there is some substance backing up what you are saying.

Seth please as I have already said, I do not know who on here represent the Trust apart now from yourself Airman Brown, Se9addick and Seriously Red. None of you have been abusive but some who are against the board and who speak out for the Trust are abusive. I do not support the Trust and you do not speak for me or the majority of Charlton Fans. I do wish you good luck in trying to hold the board to account on matters that affect how the club and believe your motives are genuine but as I said to Se9 I have been going to the Valley since 71 and apart from the PL years with RM we have always been in a similar position to the one we find ourselves in now.

• Options
    So so so weird.
  • Options
    WSS said:

So so so weird.

Arsehole

8)

• Options
    Vincent, it is possible to be both a member of the Trust and post one's own personal views independent of that on here.

As has been said above the Trust is young and has yet to formulate its position on many issues so I'm not sure how you can make the assertions you have.

I do not think it right that you have been abused on here but do know from personal experience that a minority of posters will resort to that from time to time.

It's not fair to tarnish the Trust for the actions of a moronic individual though is it?
  • Options
    Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.

Thank you for your reply. It seems you have no evidence for your statements except what you believe. What you believe is contrary to the evidence available that seriously red has outlined.
    When you say 'these people', and that these people, who you do not know, are 'extremely rude' how does that make sense?
    You seem to be saying 'I do not know anything about these people, I do not know who they are even. But what I do know is that they (whoever they are) are extremely rude and have a subversive agenda.
    Good luck with all that because it makes no sense at all. It is like me saying 'I don't know your sister from Adam, but I do know she is an angel who plays the violin beautifully'.
    Pure guesswork Vincent.
    I was called and Asshole on this site Saturday that was removed shortly after it was posted. I have had other rude remarks made just because of my views of what the board are doing.

As for not knowing who these people are, do you know them all. I could be sitting near you every week and you would never know.
    I think it is wrong for you to be abused on the internet Vincent. However you are saying (it seems) that those who abuse you are trust members, yet you don't know who they are. You also said earlier that there are people on here who criticise and undermine the board to promote the supporters trust. You have no evidence for that statement, it is your supposition, and indeed it is contrary to the solid verifiable evidence stated by seriously red.
    In order to have a credible position it helps if there is some substance backing up what you are saying.

Seth please as I have already said, I do not know who on here represent the Trust apart now from yourself Airman Brown, Se9addick and Seriously Red. None of you have been abusive but some who are against the board and who speak out for the Trust are abusive. I do not support the Trust and you do not speak for me or the majority of Charlton Fans. I do wish you good luck in trying to hold the board to account on matters that affect how the club and believe your motives are genuine but as I said to Se9 I have been going to the Valley since 71 and apart from the PL years with RM we have always been in a similar position to the one we find ourselves in now.

How do you conclude I represent the Trust. Where is the evidence for that?

As a matter of fact I think they are pursuing a dead end in trying to work with the club, but I understand why they are doing that and why people would think it sensible.

I have no interest whatsoever in standing for a position within the Trust, but if I did and was elected then it would be the members' choice and anyone who had concerns about that could stand and argue against me.

I never stood for the elected place on the board (before I was employed) because I preferred to speak for myself.

I think if this weekend has shown nothing else it is that the Voice has a useful role that is distinct from the Trust, who I am unconvinced would have felt able to report freely on the document in case it compromised their relationship with the club - as indeed it would have done.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2013

Blimey - paranoid much? Stop seeing conspiracy theories about there being cliques on here, and conspiracies to undermine the board. The trust isn't exactly powerful - it seems to be a bunch of well intentioned folk who are (no offence here) trying to find out exactly what their place is in the current situation, not a sinister group of puppetmasters looking to undermine a gallant board of directors with the best intentions of the. club at heart.

No - there isn't a 'conspiracy' to undermine the board here, so much as about 98% of posters actively wanting them to fuck off before they destroy the club. If you can't see that's what's happening, then that's a shame.

I had got bored of Vincent's inability to accept anyone elses opinion but this post has me fired up again. I don't personally believe it is 98%. I personally believe it is more like 50 / 60% but those who want to keep the board / don't really think they've done enough to warrent this kind of verbal, state their position once and then get shouted down by the more abundant posters and don't bother to repeat themselves on every thread where it is debated. I believe those who want them to xxxx off repeat their cases more often.

I have said 'believe' a lot as this is my opinion if you have the proof to back up your stats then fair enough. As for 'activiely wanting them' to do it, I don't think I've actually seen anything 'active' just a lot of tub thumping.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Richard Murray sold the Club to the current owners, who now seem to have either lost interest, gone skint, or both. So is RM not slightly to blame for the current situation ?

(I accept that the financial revelations on Saturday show what a great friend to Charlton he has been).

Yes, along with PV who recommend them
    And still no one has come back to me and said where we would be now if they had not taken over or what would happen if they decided to walk away with no buy in line

Ho hum. Are you seriously complaining that no one has told you exactly what happened in an alternate universe? No one has told you because no one knows, there could have been any number of outcomes and some might even have been positive.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Blimey - paranoid much? Stop seeing conspiracy theories about there being cliques on here, and conspiracies to undermine the board. The trust isn't exactly powerful - it seems to be a bunch of well intentioned folk who are (no offence here) trying to find out exactly what their place is in the current situation, not a sinister group of puppetmasters looking to undermine a gallant board of directors with the best intentions of the. club at heart.

No - there isn't a 'conspiracy' to undermine the board here, so much as about 98% of posters actively wanting them to fuck off before they destroy the club. If you can't see that's what's happening, then that's a shame.

I had got bored of Vincent's inability to accept anyone elses opinion but this post has me fired up again. I don't personally believe it is 98%. I personally believe it is more like 50 / 60% but those who want to keep the board / don't really think they've done enough to warrent this kind of verbal, state their position once and then get shouted down by the more abundant posters and don't bother to repeat themselves on every thread where it is debated. I believe those who want them to xxxx off repeat their cases more often.

I have said 'believe' a lot as this is my opinion if you have the proof to back up your stats then fair enough. As for 'activiely wanting them' to do it, I don't think I've actually seen anything 'active' just a lot of tub thumping.
    Good post. Its hyperbole, aimed at creating a bandwagon against the owners which currently more resembles a Sinclair C5. There is absolutely no evidence, anywhere, that 98% of posters want the owners to leave. And what happens if they read that post and decide to follow the advice...who steps in and pays the lecky bill this month ?

I would guess that these "98% ers" were the same people who staunchly defended the previous owners when they took us into League One on the grounds that they were "proper Charlton".

• Options
    Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

Vincent, I do not 'represent' the trust. I am not an elected member of the Trust leadership. I am a member, and an active supporter when it is needed. I represent my viewpoint within the trust structure such as it is.
    I also happen to think that having a trust is worthwhile, and am influenced by the fact that there are over 140 different trusts attached to sporting organisations within Britain.
    Would you like to be specific about how some who speak out for the trust have been abusive? I agree there are abusive people on here, and that is a matter of regret, but to connect any abuse you get to the trust seems wrong to me, unless you have evidence to back it up.
    I think our trust, like those many others in Britain, contains a wide variety of viewpoints, and I have not seen anything to suggest the trust is anti the board, quite the contrary.
    I do think the trust has a delicate tightrope to walk in the present scenario, and to their credit I think they have trodden a diplomatic and sensitive path. I repeat my belief from earlier, in the event it all goes belly up, the trust may well be the only game in town.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Vincent lets be very clear here if you have any issues with posts on here then take it up with the moderators. It is one of the risks run with modern message boards / social media... just read the news!
    And one reason why the Trust declined a suggestion to run a board... the other being why do it when there is a fantastic one here.
    I don't think your attempt to tar the whole Trust and the committee because someone insulted you is valid ...
    SR
  • Options
    To be fair to Vincent/Churchill, now he's stopped using all caps in his posts they're much easier to read.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

That was me! And I stand by it (although I appreciate why it was removed). It wasn't because of your views, as you would like to imply, but because you've insulted all the people who made the effort to help you understand by arguing with them and refusing to take any info on board. And there's no way you can be of sound mind and fail to appreciate this. I won't be opening this thread again, it's a colossal waste of time. I hope people stop engaging with you, intentionally or otherwise, you are a wind up merchant.

As for not having heard of VotV? Liar. Bare faced liar.
  • Options
    Bare faced liar a bit harsh IMO. More a purveyor of terminological inexactitudes?
  • Options

I agree with Vincent that our season tickets are superb value though.

Not what I was thinking when leaving the ground on Saturday.
  • Options

I agree with Vincent that our season tickets are superb value though.

Not what I was thinking when leaving the ground on Saturday.
    Me neither !
  • Options

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

As a matter of fact I think they are pursuing a dead end in trying to work with the club, but I understand why they are doing that and why people would think it sensible.

I have no interest whatsoever in standing for a position within the Trust, but if I did and was elected then it would be the members' choice and anyone who had concerns about that could stand and argue against me.

I never stood for the elected place on the board (before I was employed) because I preferred to speak for myself.

I think if this weekend has shown nothing else it is that the Voice has a useful role that is distinct from the Trust, who I am unconvinced would have felt able to report freely on the document in case it compromised their relationship with the club - as indeed it would have done.
    Quote from Seriously Red

This is where I get a little confused. One of the members of the Trust is at war with the management of the club. He produces an occasional periodical that heaps vitriol on the present owners and management at £2 a pop. At one of the earlier Trust meetings he was lionized by the new Trust officers.

Sorry thought this was you
  • Options
    I think it is wrong to assume that most Charlton fans have heard of VOTV.

I first watched Charlton as a teenager in the 70's, when my dad took me to matches. During the 80's and 90's I had other things in my life and didn't actively watch the club, so knew nothing about VOTV. When we were promoted to the Prem, I started to go to matches again.

If I were not a member of Charlton Life, I would still be unaware of the existence of VOTV. Dad is not very mobile these days, so we park in the West Stand car park and usually eat in the Celebration Suite before matches, so I haven't seen any vendors of the magazine.
  • Options

Vincent lets be very clear here if you have any issues with posts on here then take it up with the moderators. It is one of the risks run with modern message boards / social media... just read the news!
    And one reason why the Trust declined a suggestion to run a board... the other being why do it when there is a fantastic one here.
    I don't think your attempt to tar the whole Trust and the committee because someone insulted you is valid ...
    SR

I did not attempt to tar the whole Trust and the committee because I do not know who or care who they are, It is people that claim to support the Trust and criticise the board who I refer to but you have been selective in which posts you have read

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR
    I do believe that this forum is used by some to promote the Trust and criticise/undermine the board. I do not know
    these people who by the way are extremely rude at times are members of the Trust or who are active members of the Trust.

Pure guesswork Vincent.

That was me! And I stand by it (although I appreciate why it was removed). It wasn't because of your views, as you would like to imply, but because you've insulted all the people who made the effort to help you understand by arguing with them and refusing to take any info on board. And there's no way you can be of sound mind and fail to appreciate this. I won't be opening this thread again, it's a colossal waste of time. I hope people stop engaging with you, intentionally or otherwise, you are a wind up merchant.

As for not having heard of VotV? Liar. Bare faced liar.
    I did not say I have not heard of VOTV but I have never read it. If you think this is a bare faced lie then that is up to you very brave of you by the way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Vincent, it is possible to be both a member of the Trust and post one's own personal views independent of that on here.

As has been said above the Trust is young and has yet to formulate its position on many issues so I'm not sure how you can make the assertions you have.

I do not think it right that you have been abused on here but do know from personal experience that a minority of posters will resort to that from time to time.

It's not fair to tarnish the Trust for the actions of a moronic individual though is it?

Len there are a lot of people on here like you that are informative, funny and will join in debate and whether you are part of the trust or not it does not bother me. However being insulted by people on here for being a Charlton supporter with a different point of view disgusts me. I will still post on here and would plead with any that does not agree with me to ignore me of reply with their own view.

• Options
    what happened to MA such a reasonable nice guy like his other 3 personas
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

Quote from Seriously Red

This is where I get a little confused. One of the members of the Trust is at war with the management of the club. He produces an occasional periodical that heaps vitriol on the present owners and management at £2 a pop. At one of the earlier Trust meetings he was lionized by the new Trust officers.

I think the quote is from East Stand Loopy not Seriously_Red. ESL has just bodged the HTML. The difference being that Mr or Mrs Loopy is not representing the Trust, I think.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

Quote from Seriously Red

This ‘quote’ is from someone who calls themselves East_Stand_Loopy not seriously_red. As well as not reading the Matchday Programme or VOTV it seems that you don’t properly read other posters contributions to a thread you started yourself?

Airman’s says he thinks the Trust “are pursuing a dead end in trying to work with the club” and that he has “no interest whatsoever in standing for a position within the Trust” yet you reproduce East_Stand_Loopy’s comments apparently to disprove what Airman says – i.e. that as a Trust member (or at least sympathiser) he must somehow ‘represent’ it?

Other posters like LenGlover have carefully tried to explain the difference between being a member and representing an organization but, willfully or otherwise, you persist – so lets bring it closer to home. You are a ‘member’ of the Charlton Life forum – that’s how you can post on here – but I think it would be acknowledged by you and everybody else that you and your views don’t ‘represent’ the forum?

• Options
    Just for clarity I am the official trust spokesperson for my sins, but of course other members of the board are active on CL

:)

Also our surveys have consistently shown that fans want engagment and communication with the club. We attempt to do this in areas where we have common interests, while
    maintaining our independence. I didnt see anyone else putting on an inclusive fan organised bttv event at the valley despite challenging conditions, nor ACV plan, nor a host of other things.

Not everyone agrees with our approach or with the trust idea and I respect that. One thing I might ask is would we have this many members by now or club agreeing to acv? Who knows eh.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

seth plum said:

Vincent said:

SR

Pure guesswork Vincent.

Quote from Seriously Red

This ‘quote’ is from someone who calls themselves East_Stand_Loopy not seriously_red. As well as not reading the Matchday Programme or VOTV it seems that you don’t properly read other posters contributions to a thread you started yourself?

Airman’s says he thinks the Trust “are pursuing a dead end in trying to work with the club” and that he has “no interest whatsoever in standing for a position within the Trust” yet you reproduce East_Stand_Loopy’s comments apparently to disprove what Airman says – i.e. that as a Trust member (or at least sympathiser) he must somehow ‘represent’ it?

Other posters like LenGlover have carefully tried to explain the difference between being a member and representing an organization but, willfully or otherwise, you persist – so lets bring it closer to home. You are a ‘member’ of the Charlton Life forum – that’s how you can post on here – but I think it would be acknowledged by you and everybody else that you and your views don’t ‘represent’ the forum?

So what do they have to

• Options
    razil said:

Just for clarity I am the official trust spokesperson for my sins, but of course other members of the board are active on CL

Also our surveys have consistently shown that fans want engagment and communication with the club. We attempt to do this in areas where we have common interests, while
    maintaining our independence. I didnt see anyone else putting on an inclusive fan organised bttv event at the valley despite challenging conditions, nor ACV plan, nor a host of other things.

Not everyone agrees with our approach or with the trust idea and I respect that. One thing I might ask is would we have this many members by now or club agreeing to acv? Who knows eh.

Hi

You have been added to my list of people on here who are respective of others opinions who from what I can see have CAFC's best interests at heart. It is a shame that some have to be abusive to different points of view and that is my problem, I will not disrespect those genuine Trust members, committee or supporters and wish you well but I will maintain that the board of CAFC are doing all they can (of course serving their own best interests at the same time) to keep the club afloat until another buyer is found and I wish them well.

• Options
    razil said:

Are the club supporting it? I thought I saw something on the official site a few weeks ago saying they did.

Apologies if that's incorrect.

I'm am in favour of that.
  • Options

razil said:

Are the club supporting it? I thought I saw something on the official site a few weeks ago saying they did.

Apologies if that's incorrect.

I'm am in favour of that.
    Yep the club released a statement in favour of the application, pretty sure we're the first supporters Trust to get that from their club.
  • Options
    They are indeed supporting it and we will see where that takes us... I didn't see the programme but I think Razil had something in there and the club website show a statement from the chairman.
    We would hope to reach more fans at the next few games enabling fans to support the application for ACV