Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the scapegoat

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013

You know that 'Godwin's Law'? Where the first person to mention Nazi Germany in an argument automatically loses the debate? There needs to be a similar rule for bores invoking the number of years they've been following Charlton, or the amount of games they've seen, or the number of grounds they've been to as a way to legitimise a completely spurious argument or viewpoint. How about 'Maginot's Law'?

Great idea but how about calling it the Maginot line ? A very flimsy line of defence.
  • Options

You know that 'Godwin's Law'? Where the first person to mention Nazi Germany in an argument automatically loses the debate? There needs to be a similar rule for bores invoking the number of years they've been following Charlton, or the amount of games they've seen, or the number of grounds they've been to as a way to legitimise a completely spurious argument or viewpoint. How about 'Maginot's Law'?

Wouldnt be necessary if there wasn't an unhealthy trend on here of certain posters defaulting to WUM/ weirdo status when someone criticises their hero. Also Leroy, these people are the first to question others validity and credentials, but seem timourous about showing their own.

• Options
    nope no good go again
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013
    I think that there is a fair chance that Maginot is working themselves in to be the main scapegoat of the thread. Keep on digging mate. That's a nice hole you are getting yourself into.
  • Options

Maginot, id say even though you've been to 70 grounds, that Randy is more experienced than you cos he's been to 2.

That's how it works right?

Gary

Even if I had been to all 92 grounds plus they had rebuilt the old Wembley especially for me to pop in for a cup of tea, you would say I was still learning because some poor old bugger in Borneo had done 93.
    The easiest thing is for you to post a putative date hopefully not too far into the future as I am getting on a bit, when you think Powell will not ..( great Little ol' Charlton phrase, this)...still learning.

I will put myself in your shoes and start the bidding at 2027.
  • Options

Wouldnt be necessary if there wasn't an unhealthy trend on here of certain posters defaulting to WUM/ weirdo status when someone criticises their hero. Also Leroy, these people are the first to question others validity and credentials, but seem timourous about showing their own.

Nope. They just don't feel the need to justify themselves to people they will likely never meet, and just as likely woulsnt get on with even if they did. Much like the annoying mate who never tires of telling you that they were into a band you like before you. I often wonder whether people like that actually derive any real enjoyment from the music. Same applies to football fans.
  • Options
    nope fail again try again
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013

Maginot, id say even though you've been to 70 grounds, that Randy is more experienced than you cos he's been to 2.

That's how it works right?

Gary

Even if I had been to all 92 grounds plus they had rebuilt the old Wembley especially for me to pop in for a cup of tea, you would say I was still learning because some poor old bugger in Borneo had done 93.
    The easiest thing is for you to post a putative date hopefully not too far into the future as I am getting on a bit, when you think Powell will not ..( great Little ol' Charlton phrase, this)...still learning.

I will put myself in your shoes and start the bidding at 2027.
    No one has absolute knowledge. Everyone should keep on learning, it is not dependent on age and experience.
  • Options
    Ok, so the clique say we shouldn't criticise Powell because he is 'still learning' ...and according to you always will be...which rather proves my point...that an element of our support for reasons unknown support a man not a club , will never objectively judge his performance, and in some cases will tiresomely start "wumming" those who disagree. And will always find an excuse for him.

The little ol' Charlton mentality lives on.
  • Options
    Who says we shouldn't criticise SCP ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is this 'clique' you talk about?

Honestly, it's like you are arguing with yourself.

Completely mental.
  • Options
    Mmmm...interesting couple of days on CL. It rather reinforces the view that many Charlton fans have about this site,and some of the people on it.

Just one question , when you bully as a pack (or try to) , who writes your lines beforehand ?
  • Options
    Ffs is this still rumbling on?

FWIW there's only one thing beyond critism on this site and that's fecking pandas...
  • Options

odd mate very odd its when they bleat and blab like bitches after getting called out and saying shit like you wouldnt say it to my face

No i would no problem if you talk shite you need to be told either on here or in the boozer

Can the moderators do something about this post please.
  • Options

Ffs is this still rumbling on?

FWIW there's only one thing beyond critism on this site and that's fecking pandas...

Haha :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm definantly not in the clique, if anything I get ignored. I believe Chris Powell is without a doubt the biggest asset Charlton own, yes he after his first half a season he could easily have been collecting his P45 but maybe due to some of us having a man crush on him, everyone needs that little bit of luck, people point to a last minute goal against Palarse which kept Alex Ferguson in the job. Since the first 6 months the job "My Hero" has done has been amazing, smashing all sorts of records to win league 1 and then finishing 9th last year was 2 great acheivements. Does he get things wrong? course he does, so does the greatest managers that have ever lived. Wonder if I'll get a reply or if your only interested in winding up "The Clique"

PS i'm on 50 plus and yet to turn 30, so does that entitle me to an opinion?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013

Mmmm...interesting couple of days on CL. It rather reinforces the view that many Charlton fans have about this site,and some of the people on it.

Just one question , when you bully as a pack (or try to) , who writes your lines beforehand ?

Posters have individually responded to your rubbish. Your arguments have become progressively less rational as the two days has worn on. Down to cheap insults now. Give it up. Go take a hike.
  • Options

What on earth are you babbling about now?
  • Options
    vff said:

Posters have individually responded to your rubbish. Your arguments have become progressively less rational as the two days has worn on. Down to cheap insults now. Give it up. Go take a hike.
    Another one. Who are you to tell anyone, son ?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2013

vff said:

Another one. Who are you to tell anyone, son ?
    Just expressing my opinion and responding directly to your post. I am not your son. Thank fck for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would they do something about that post

Bullying that's up there with the I have been to x amount of grounds

Wum and not even a good one
  • Options

I'm definantly not in the clique, if anything I get ignored. I believe Chris Powell is without a doubt the biggest asset Charlton own, yes he after his first half a season he could easily have been collecting his P45 but maybe due to some of us having a man crush on him, everyone needs that little bit of luck, people point to a last minute goal against Palarse which kept Alex Ferguson in the job. Since the first 6 months the job "My Hero" has done has been amazing, smashing all sorts of records to win league 1 and then finishing 9th last year was 2 great acheivements. Does he get things wrong? course he does, so does the greatest managers that have ever lived. Wonder if I'll get a reply or if your only interested in winding up "The Clique"

fair enough, respect your opinion. Not sure its the wisest way to judge a manager, but if it floats your boat...

PS..i would say the Valley was the biggest asset we own ?
  • Options
    Too tired, give him until Monday. Simple Simon.
  • Options
    I have visions of the rap video regulators going through my head but with the word moderators instead

You ain TJ your warren g or nate dog
  • Options
    THERE IS NO FUCKING CLIQUE
  • Options

fair enough, respect your opinion. Not sure its the wisest way to judge a manager, but if it floats your boat...

PS..i would say the Valley was the biggest asset we own ?
    So you don't think 2 successful season's in two full seasons is a way to judge a manager? How should you judge one?

• Options

In denial because your application was turned down? ;-)
  • Options

Maybe you are all telepathic.

Thanks to the other posters who have just contacted me BTW. Its good to know this experience is not unique.

• Options
    Shit stirring now. Bore off,
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Maybe you are all telepathic.

Thanks to the other posters who have just contacted me BTW. Its good to know this experience is not unique.

Maginot, what I don't understand, is that if you dislike this board so much, then why would you post on here.

I presume, you have nothing better to do today & know you will be banned shortly.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your bit of fun. I think you should be ignored, as you can't argue with yourself.