Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the scapegoat

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I think you have been watching too many Jason Statham DVDs.
  • Options
    fail again MA

i notice you are not warning me no longer or explaining your warning so continue along in your trolling ways
  • Options
    Maginot. I wasn't really a fan of Andy Nelson but he won a promotion and signed Killer. He certainly had a better record than either Craggs or Reed (who didnt).
    The fact you've asked me about being a fan of Nelson's confirms that you base your anti Powell stance on personality not managerial record.
  • Options

Maginot. I wasn't really a fan of Andy Nelson but he won a promotion and signed Killer. He certainly had a better record than either Craggs or Reed (who didnt).
    The fact you've asked me about being a fan of Nelson's confirms that you base your anti Powell stance on personality not managerial record.

Theo Foley signed Killer

• Options
    Of course he did - thanks for that !
    Ok, well Nelson still had a better record than Craggs or Reed !!
  • Options

Here is where I rate Powell as a manager during my time as a fan.

1. Lennie
    2. Curbs
    3. Parky (got a bum deal)
    4. Powell
    5. Mike Bailey
    6. Craggs
    7. Reed
    8. Nelson Out
    9. Dowie
    10. Mullery
    100th Pardew

To be honest, all of them from 5 down couldn't manage a school tuck shop.

Powell is not inexperienced. His USP when he replaced Parky (a better manager, IMO) was that he uniquely "knew Charlton" whatever that guff means and knew the Charlton way (at that time, losing every week). If he felt he lacked experience he could have brought an.old head in as No.2. He didn't. Experience not an issue or excuse, then.
    I refer you all to the thread "Chris Powell ....is it man love?" from earlier this year, on which presumably sentient human beings apparently declare undying love for a bloke for leaping out of a tunnel.

Powelly is still learning and maybe inexperienced in some areas but I think he will go on to be a top manager. At times he may get things tactically wrong but he is a very good man manager and very good at dealing with with people and knows how to deal with them in the right way.

To be fair you cannot always really compare one manager against another because during their tenure they had different levels of experience behind them.
  • Options
    Oh dear Alan...whats not to like about CP !? He is a top geezer.

Hopefully we can at least agree about Mullery and Pardew being at the bottom of that list.
  • Options
    Ha ha, made me laugh reading through this lot first thing on a Monday morning, can I just say though, people who still insist on calling CP 'Sir' - now that is cringeworthy!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Ha ha, made me laugh reading through this lot first thing on a Monday morning, can I just say though, people who still insist on calling CP 'Sir' - now that is cringeworthy!

Sir? The 'S' stands for Saint! [winky thingy]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is SCP to me don't care if its cringy
  • Options
    i just watched the goal in detail again no communication hamers fault in my eyes... bring on the abuse
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Game 1 Pritchard
    Game 2 Green
    Game 3 ?

no need for a scapegoat the responsibility fell to: Powell & Jacko for playing Jacko half-fit
    Powell selected the execrable Stephens and Green and failed to act when it was obvious boro's 5 man midfield were waltzing thru the slow moving Gower and half lame Jacko
    Sordell for so blatantly failing to turn up
    Can't expect the other 8 to fill the gaps when we start 2 and a half men light and replace the lame one with a poseur
    Lessons very slowly learned last season now forgotten it seems.

The reserves will progress in the credit card cup - so long as they don't get dragged into the bewilderment of the first team.
  • Options
    bit early yet .. the goat usually emerges after 3 or 4 home games
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Can't expect the other 8 to fill the gaps
    Not when those eight, bar Dervite, lost possession and couldn't pass also
  • Options
    Funny - DD himself was often the goat last year. My money's definitely on Church emerging as this year's scapegoat du jour
  • Options
    I'm going for Solly once he states his desire to leave
  • Options

This is a warm up. Two Captains will be named and sides will be picked after the fourth game. It will all be done by personal messages and selecting the same pub(s) to drink in before/after games.

• Options

Funny - DD himself was often the goat last year. My money's definitely on Church emerging as this year's scapegoat du jour

christ, i hope not.

scored 2 against Oxford and was the only player with movement when he came on Saturday.

think he could do well this season, once fully fit and with good service from our midfie....oh.

• Options
    isn't church carrying a knock, apparently the physios say he needs a new roof?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is a warm up. Two Captains will be named and sides will be picked after the fourth game. It will all be done by personal messages and selecting the same pub(s) to drink in before/after games.

unfortunately there is probably more than a grain of truth in this ... the stupid sheep booing and bullying the goat .. shades of Animal Farm
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Early signs from morons on Facebook indicate that it's Morrison's turn this week. One bellend even said he's "worth a penny". No doubt a well-informed comment, given that he's certainly not at today's game. Tw@t.
  • Options
    If we lose today, as it looks like we will, I can see the board making Powell the scapegoat and sacking him. Not something I would want.
  • Options
    People seem to think the board tell the players to play like amateurs too...
  • Options
    Been at the game. Sorry, but Wilson. Not worth a wank today.
  • Options
    In regards to Morrison I think he's a great defender but when Jacko isnt playing I sometimes wonder if he's got too much to do with marshalling the defence and captaining the side which results in a dip in form
  • Options

In regards to Morrison I think he's a great defender but when Jacko isnt playing I sometimes wonder if he's got too much to do with marshalling the defence and captaining the side which results in a dip in form

Then he shouldn't be cappo
  • Options
    So Hamer time has been and gone.
    It's time for Church and Sordell to enter the limelight.
    However loads of time left in Scapegoat bingo.
    I feel Pritchard is getting ready for a bit of a run.
    So whose next?
  • Options
    ^^^ could be Stewart ..IF his temp contract is renewed ..