Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where was you all

Comments

• Options
    Having been to a comedy club last week I am lead to believe that the correct response to any such question is to make a crude reference to having been in a close physical relationship with the questioner's mother.

I wasn't however.
  • Options
    I find a lot of times when people ask this question it's usually young fans, whose parents pay for them to go to the games etc.

If they paid for themselves they'd understand.
  • Options
    i was sitting at home, scratching my arse watching stelling!
  • Options
    I am a married man with mortgage, and am a self employed greengrocer. I do pay for myself and I just work clever with trains etc.

Again, my point is not where was everybody, more where were those that were moaning previously.

Come games such as qpr or smallwall away, people will not be able to buy tickets and will yet again blame 'glory fans' yet if everybody found the time and small amount of money to do 1 away game every other month, they would earn the right to buy priority tickets.
  • Options
    earn the right
  • Options
    I was in a huge crowd of Addicks at Ebbsfleet. ( I were lying I were at home really)
  • Options
    He makes a good point to be fair
  • Options
    Visiting my 91 year old Grandmother in Lewisham hospital.
  • Options
    Today could have cost £23 ticket, and £24 coach. Total of £47 if your doing one game every other month, that works out to less than a pound a day. Then you earn your priority and will never have to worry about fair weather one game fans.

Now I understand circumstances and family life mean people cant do every game (I was not at Bournemouth as I was on my honeymoon). But 1 saturday in 2 months, im sure people can find that if they really want to.
  • Options

I am a married man with mortgage, and am a self employed greengrocer. I do pay for myself and I just work clever with trains etc.

Again, my point is not where was everybody, more where were those that were moaning previously.

Come games such as qpr or smallwall away, people will not be able to buy tickets and will yet again blame 'glory fans' yet if everybody found the time and small amount of money to do 1 away game every other month, they would earn the right to buy priority tickets.

It will be a never ending debate mate. I'm sure a vast amount of people on here at some point have been to some horrible far away places to watch us and maybe can't do away games at this point in their life.

The moaning about the Bournemouth game was more about the lack of tickets they gave us, it will be rare in this league that we're only given 1500 odd so it won't be an issue too often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Working, then sat up in front of Jeff and the boys all afternoon! Very pleasant.

The way I see long away days like Barnsley is that I have 2 choices:

a) don't work, sacrifice earning £50, in order to spend £60 on an away day up there or
    b) work, earn the £50, save the £60.

Essentially an away day to Barnsley has a net cost of £110. No thanks.

P.s I didn't moan about not getting a ticket for Bournemouth :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I dont have £50 going spare every month, sorry. Maybe I should become a self employed greengrocer. You also have to consider that most people don't go to games by themselves which means friends and family have to be free, have to want to go, and have to have the money. Then there's people who take their kids so it is more expensive for them after tickets, chips and drinks etc. I also like to have a few beers when I go which is another tenner.

If I find I have an easy month one month and fancy going to my first match of the season, whether it is 6 months down the line or not, then I will and in don't need to earn any right. If you don't get a ticket you shouldve been a bit quicker.
  • Options

Now I understand circumstances and family life mean people cant do every game (I was not at Bournemouth as I was on my honeymoon). But 1 saturday in 2 months, im sure people can find that if they really want to.

ignoring the fact that it's noone's business what other people do with their time your last point is a bit odd. if you think people should go to 1 game in 2 months then how can you moan after we've only played 2 of the 6 away games scheduled for august and september? maybe people are planning on going to one of the other 4 thus filling their dh99 quota

• Options
    Barcelona, and skint. Will be for the forseeable future too. Just like the Addicks.
  • Options
    Popped into Eastbourne, done £150 shopping, had a nice lunch out at Hope Cottage Farm Shop (very nice, you really should try it sometime) and then had a visit from a tree surgeon to discuss what to do with my very big hawthorn. Spent the rest of the afternoon stacking a load of logs that I'd had delivered for the log burner ( lovely in winter, especially when you live in the country ). Then I made jambalaya for dinner. All in all a good day. Oh, by the way, heard Charlton got a 2-2 draw. If only I'd been there ...
  • Options

I am a married man with a mortgage

Uhm. I'm a married man with no mortgage. Perhaps if you didn't go Barnsley you could be too. Each to their own.

• Options

Today could have cost £23 ticket, and £24 coach. Total of £47 if your doing one game every other month, that works out to less than a pound a day. Then you earn your priority and will never have to worry about fair weather one game fans.

To answer your question Dan, I dragged two of my children home and away for years, they are now 32 and 26 yrs of age. My son has visited 50+ grounds and my daughter some 50+ and myself 72 to be exact. It lost its edge when we got to the premier league and I was priced out of it and never returned. I go to most home games but if some of the guys I met through this forum arn't going I'll swerve them as well. I enjoy the occasional boozy away day, the CL one to Derby was a great day, but trying not to sound to patronising, you will almost certainly reach a stage in life where you wont go because your priorities change.

• Options

Popped into Eastbourne, done £150 shopping, had a nice lunch out at Hope Cottage Farm Shop (very nice, you really should try it sometime) and then had a visit from a tree surgeon to discuss what to do with my very big hawthorn. Spent the rest of the afternoon stacking a load of logs that I'd had delivered for the log burner ( lovely in winter, especially when you live in the country ). Then I made jambalaya for dinner. All in all a good day. Oh, by the way, heard Charlton got a 2-2 draw. If only I'd been there ...

What do you think of my log burner @LargeAddick pal? Photo taken just after installation, hence the debris.

• Options
    nice that Rob
  • Options
    The days when I used to go to Barnsley including the coldest football match EVER in November 1990, taking 461 there would have been a mammoth turnout

As for not going today, well that's fairly simple, I couldn't be arsed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our new place has got one of those Rob, its also got some boys toys. Cant wait for the move............imageimage
  • Options
    Cor that's lovely TCE, cheers NLA, can't wait for a bit of cold weather to get it going again. Blaaady summer....
  • Options
    wow ray parties rd yours will be fun

wish I had a burner like that rob when I go to aunts in limerick I am never away from it
  • Options
    Here
  • Options
    Can't beat it NLA mate, 3 dogs and sitting round the log burner and the missus in the kitchen doing the washing up
  • Options
    lol good lad,
  • Options

After reading everybody on here moaning about the world and his wife going to Bournemouth, and stopping you real fans attending.

I have just 1 question. Where was you all at barnsley!?! 400 is a piss poor attendance!

http://youtu.be/Z_8JLkwzpd0
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the most sickening bit of television I have ever had the misfortune to watch
  • Options
    .....even worse than Scott and Sharlene tying the knot
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

.....even worse than Scott and Sharlene tying the knot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuNsiSZ9RI