Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where was you all

Comments

• Options
    I guess it should come as no surprise I mean, the grammar of the thread discussion is beneath that my nine year old son!
  • Options
    I done my fair share of aways last season Birmingham, forest, Ipswich, Burnley, Bristol City. palace, Millwall and there was more but can't remember off the top of my head.

I could afford it last year. But circumstances change. I can't even afford a season ticket this year and I work most Saturdays. Going to my first game of the season on Saturday, girlfriend bought me and her tickets to the donny game (she's not bad for a west ham fan)

I plan to fit in a few aways this season and I've already marked the ones I wanna do, Barnsley was not one of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I guess it should come as no surprise I mean, the grammar of the thread discussion is beneath that my nine year old son!

Beneath that of your nine year old son... :)
  • Options
    Where were you against Brentford away 2010/11 JPT Area semi-final?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Beneath that of your nine year old son... :)
    Maybe my grammar is also beneath that of my son.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Where were you against Brentford away 2010/11 JPT Area semi-final?

Brentford
  • Options
    I was at home crying as I new I would get told off for not going. I am really sorry........
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

shagging the neighbour whilst the missus went shoping

oh rob
    How do you think your neighbours wife would feel if she came home early from shopping and found you two at it?
  • Options
    My son went along with 2 mates on the coach. Didn't get back until about 11
  • Options
    Am/was in Portugal did get to go see Portugal v holland friendly. Record crowd perhaps they were all there! To be honest if I was at home I would not have gone. Will choose my few away days. Barnsley just ain't got it for me. Fair play to those that made the journey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all about priorities, I am sure a lot of us would love to go to most games but in the current climate other things stop that and I don't just mean money. After working hard Monday to Friday I prioritise and spend time with my young family as I don't really get to see them much in the week. Surely as a newly married man you can appreciate that people's priorities change and there for cant go week in weeks out. I am sure when my son is bored of seeing me and the wife wants me out her hair I will be doing more game, just have to wait for that day to come!
  • Options
    Raising funds for the British Heart Foundation!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    when the team turn up, so will I
  • Options
    My flight from Jamaica was cancelled.
  • Options
    Went to Welling..quite a few CAFC there I recognised, good game
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Have another look at me log burner

Nice Rob, not dis-similar to ours, lovely in winter.
    Little tip* If you can get hold of any dried lavender clippings, bunch em up and stick a bunch on with the kindling, has your gaff smelling like a french brothel for the rest of the day.....
    So now you're an expert in French Brothel aroma's....kin brilliant :-)

• Options
    Greenie said:

I got abducted by aliens (i've just got back)!

Another cannabis convert...RESULT!

• Options
    Fixing a puncture.
  • Options
    I was gonna go but then I heard you were going, so I didn't bother.
  • Options

wales

You poor thing

I were at my brother's 40th

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    perhaps b'mouth tickets should have been sold with barnsley ticket only to start

:)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Was going to go to see the Alan Partridge film tonight but I got there a bit late and it was sold out. Was so angry at these people who probably haven't been to the cinema in days taking my ticket. I bet they don't even watch Alan Partridge on gold every time it is on. The security had to stop me walking in and confronting the bastards.
  • Options
    I was in bed with the radio on in the background, best way to spend a weekend when I've worked my arse off all week just to cover my rent, let alone a frivolous trip oop north or heaven help me a honeymoon!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Was going to go to see the Alan Partridge film tonight..........

I got this far into your post and started to worry that you were going to say the cinema was half empty and we were all going to have to justify why we weren't there; I didn't want to lie but didn't think that having a kip on the sofa was a good enough excuse
  • Options
    I always think of people not choosing to go to away games slightly differently.

I only went to Brighton away last year...yet only missed one home game all season. There's different ways to look at it. Bournemouth away was the first game of the season and because it is a popular seaside town, a lot more fans would have gone to enjoy the aftermath in the South-Coast. Barnsley on the other-hand is less appealing to say the least.

Price does play a big part for me...for example one of the reasons we sold 7,000 at Fulham was because of the price of tickets + coaches plus its graphical location.

You can argue that lots of other sides would take a larger away following..but yet they might not sell as much at home?
  • Options

Can't remember where I was or what I was doing.

But whatever it was wherever it was I shouldnt have ate what I did as I appear to be on an elite weightloss programme this morning :-(

Might not be what you ate. According to the hospital norovirus is going round again at the mo.
  • Options
    At the Great British Beer Festival - and very good it was too.

We had friends over for the weekend but, in any event, going to a game on every one of the five Saturdays in August would not go down too well on the domestic front. Best not to drain down the level of goodwill to the irreducible level at this early stage - it's a long old season in more senses than one.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Tyne Cot cemetery....... putting life into perspective !!

Hear hear! Incredible place, both humbling and inspirational at the same time.
  • Options
    30 lengths deep in my local swimming baths, went to the 6-0 last year, when I got out the baths and read the score was 2-2 I was slightly disappointed however it turned out it was a great result. Well done to the 400 odd who went you are true addicks, we have had this argument time and time before overall we have bad away support, lets move on!
  • Options
    I was on my way home from a holiday in France. I was there last year (6-0) though. It would have been a local game for me as I live in Chesterfield.