Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

where was you all

Comments

• Options

I was too busy getting ready to go to a mini party

Did you decide to go in a small car or in a short skirt in the end, Nathan?
    Both

Even with hairspray and after shave I still didn't manage to pull, dammit.
    Was there more people than just you at this mini party Nat pal?
  • Options

Hereford hospital.

Nothing to worry about I hope maybe_baby mate.
    Thank you AUN...just my other half's 4 day earache. Took me back to when my kids suffered the same...one of the most harrowing things most parents go through.

• Options

This threads too easy. I think we should be guessing 'where we all was'

Were you in Tewksbury by any chance? Only a guess like.

• Options
    Can't remember where I was or what I was doing.

But whatever it was wherever it was I shouldnt have ate what I did as I appear to be on an elite weightloss programme this morning :-(
  • Options
    I got abducted by aliens (i've just got back)!
  • Options
    Have I missed something here? Apart from the devoted, committed fan who attends each and every game, year after year, isn't this about choice and appetite for the majority? Bournemouth was great timing given the opportunity for a 'fun' day at the seaside that was a Brucie Bonus for those of us who eagerly awaited the start of he new season. I, for one, went for that reason. However, having witnessed the previous 2 league matches, Barnsley did not appeal. Had I seen Brazil-like skills from my team, maybe I would have had the appetite for a long journey north yesterday. My last trip to Barnsley was a god-forsaken match yonks back when a 0-0 end of season nothing to play for draw in the rain and an Edbon Coaches breakdown one mile outside Barnsley on the way back left me less than desperate to rush back. Fair play to those who went though.......... Oh, and by the way, stop worrying because it seems to me that the players do not need a massive support anyway. Look at our home and away records last year for proof that the level of support is no indicator of results or performance. Check out the history of the 'big' games where we have taken huge supporters to, such as Blackburn, Forest etc, where the results have rarely been positive. Looking forward to the next home game and will use my right of choice and free will to buy a ticket for an away match at some point soon. Hope that is acceptable to you.
  • Options
    Who went to Barnsley the year we won 0-1 in the 90's? That was real charlton!
  • Options
    At home listening to the drivel. Where were you in 1980 when I first went to Oakwell?
  • Options
    I was sitting in the home end and therefore was n`t counted in the away figures,come to that I was in the home end last year and in the eighties.Come to that I usually am in the away ends.Its usually a lot cheaper.
  • Options
    Done the touristy bit yesterday, went to see the Dickie Bird statue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been there done Barnsley in the 80s , was in my pool in Cyprus.
  • Options
    shagging the neighbour whilst the missus went shoping
  • Options
    Went to a friends birthday party, at 4-30pm (2-0 down) met a Millwall mate their and told him we would be joint bottom by the end of the games.....pleasently surprised when I got home.
  • Options
    Bournemouth or Barnsley?

Aint hard to work that out. I had other things to do.
  • Options
    Tyne Cot cemetery....... putting life into perspective !!
  • Options
    Getting shit faced on a hired canal boat dressed as Burt Reynolds in Deliverance. Was at Barnsley in April and don't need to go back after that.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Have another look at me log burner

Nice Rob, not dis-similar to ours, lovely in winter.
  • Options
    I was at Barnsley...... Sorry how did this thread start?
  • Options

How do you think your neighbours wife would feel if she came home early from shopping and found you two at it?
  • Options
    Some pretty lame old excuses on here.

Despite what some will have you believe, Charlton are not that big a club hence the available supporting population able to travel away will never be the size of the likes of Leeds,Sheffield weds and nottingham forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Have another look at me log burner

Nice Rob, not dis-similar to ours, lovely in winter.
    Little tip* If you can get hold of any dried lavender clippings, bunch em up and stick a bunch on with the kindling, has your gaff smelling like a french brothel for the rest of the day.....
  • Options

G840RF Google Earth it !

I've been there!

I was at home. But as I didn't moan about anything, am I still in trouble?
  • Options
    Sorry, vaccinations not up to date.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

How do you think your neighbours wife would feel if she came home early from shopping and found you two at it?
    Haha beat me to it Rob
  • Options

Good job you swerved it then. Nothing worse than a dose of Yorkshireitus. Gets in your bones, makes you talk funny and leaves you with an addiction to mushy peas and tripe. You catch it from outside toilets apparently.
  • Options
    Cray Valley vs Lancing, FA Cup match.
  • Options

Good job you swerved it then. Nothing worse than a dose of Yorkshireitus. Gets in your bones, makes you talk funny and leaves you with an addiction to mushy peas and tripe. You catch it from outside toilets apparently.
    Had that! A new kidney later.......
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Was visiting my uncle who's got heart problems probably not long to live,who's on permanent oxygen .But put up a better fight then some of the team at the moment.
  • Options
    I was asleep.
  • Options
    I was going to go but I just assumed that as I'm not in VG I wasn't allowed a ticket. Imagine my surprise to discover that when I was cut off when I was first in the queue for a Bournemouth ticket I was still allowed to call back ant pay 10p a minute for another twenty minutes to get a ticket for Barnsley.

I don't, honestly, know how anyone can have the cheek to ask where those of us that were unable to get a ticket for the opening game of the season were for a long trip to a less than desirable place.

I also question the intelligence of anyone that would even think about asking the question but, needless to say there is a CL member to do so.