Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wendies at war (Madine sent down)

Comments

• Options
    What's Sheffield actually like as a city?
  • Options
    I wouldn't suggest Madine as the guy to make the peace in Syria anyway. Seems to go to DEFCOM 5 a bit too sharpish.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Same as most cities. Some nice areas, some nawty areas and some shithole areas. Night life is good as there's 2 big unis in the city. The Peak District is just a short drive as well. Great place to be a student basically
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Lovely, trust me.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Not a patch on York ;o)
  • Options

dizzee said:

Not a patch on York ;o)
    the team or the town?

• Options

dizzee said:

Not a patch on York ;o)
    Yorks nice too, but too many twats from Leeds seem to blight it at weekends.
  • Options
    In other Sheffield Wednesday news I noticed that the guy in charge of the current Hillsborough enquiry has stated that Sheffield Wednesday may face "criminal charges" as an outcome of the enquiry. What would those charges relate to ? And has this been speculated on before ? I know it's long been thought South Yorks Bill could/should be prosecuted but it's the first time I've heard SWFC in the frame.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

In other Sheffield Wednesday news I noticed that the guy in charge of the current Hillsborough enquiry has stated that Sheffield Wednesday may face "criminal charges" as an outcome of the enquiry. What would those charges relate to ? And has this been speculated on before ? I know it's long been thought South Yorks Bill could/should be prosecuted but it's the first time I've heard SWFC in the frame.

I think it maybe because they didn't have a safety cert for the ground at the time of the disaster.
  • Options

se9addick said:

I think it maybe because they didn't have a safety cert for the ground at the time of the disaster.
    Ah right, would that have been normal at the time ?

Here's the story from the BBC - http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24064118
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Here's the story from the BBC - http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24064118

Not sure when they started to be required, however, 3 yrs prior to Hillsborough, we had the Bradford fire, Heysel and B'ham. It showed that something was required to check / improve the state of football grounds.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Not sure when they started to be required, however, 3 yrs prior to Hillsborough, we had the Bradford fire, Heysel and B'ham. It showed that something was required to check / improve the state of football grounds.
    Indeed, a terrible time for football. I hope that Hillsborough/SWFC aren't judged by 2013 standards but what was the reality at the time. If they fell below that standard and that duty of care to their customers then of course they should be punished.
  • Options
    Love that the prosecutor used a football cliche: "You may think Mr Madine is a large centre forward in the old-fashioned English style..."
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Love that the prosecutor used a football cliche: "You may think Mr Madine is a large centre forward in the old-fashioned English style..."

"...but he is actually a big violent drunk in the old-fashioned style." Finish sentence to taste.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Indeed, a terrible time for football. I hope that Hillsborough/SWFC aren't judged by 2013 standards but what was the reality at the time. If they fell below that standard and that duty of care to their customers then of course they should be punished.
    If we follow this train of thought, shouldn't the FA be charged as well? It was their competition, they chose Hillsborough as a venue.

Should we expect the organiser & governing body to have a duty of care to the fans and to have ensured, especially after the recent tragedies at that time, that grounds were of the highest standard for their premier cup competition?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

If we follow this train of thought, shouldn't the FA be charged as well? It was their competition, they chose Hillsborough as a venue.

Should we expect the organiser & governing body to have a duty of care to the fans and to have ensured, especially after the recent tragedies at that time, that grounds were of the highest standard for their premier cup competition?
    It depends where the duty of care is I guess. SWFC own and operate a football stadium for the attendance of the general public and I would imagine it's their responsibility to ensure the place isn't a death trap. The FA probably have a reasonable duty to investigate the venues of their competitions but I don't know what that extends to in real terms.

If, God forbid, the there was an incident at the Valley and it was found to be caused by a violation of stadium safety you could see a scenario where Charlton are in trouble, it's difficult to imagine a scenario where that culpability might extend to the Football League provided they could prove they'd done some due diligence prior to giving us authorisation
    to host their competition at our ground.
  • Options
    I would imagine that clubs hosting matches on behalf of the FA bid for them in some way and I expect that safety requirements are clearly their responsibility. The FA would ensure that they ciuld not be charged.
  • Options
    The Owls have a history of criminality. Remember the infamous betting scandal of 1962? Three of their players - Peter Swan, Tony Kay and David Layne - placed bets on Sheffield Wednesday to lose at Ipswich; they did, 2-0, with both goals from Ray Crawford, who later played for us. The scandal was revealed by a tabloid, and Swan received a four-month jail sentence and a life ban from football that was later rescinded.
  • Options
    Not so much Wendies at War than, as one going awol.
  • Options
    Gary Madine jailed for 18 months WAWAW?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prison team will have a better strikeforce than us if he's put in the same one as Ched Evans
  • Options
    9 months in real terms.
  • Options
    just in time for the pre season friendlies
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll do it later today now he's been sentenced but i'm amazed Wednesday haven't already sacked him.

Convicted on 2 counts, already had previous and didn't even plead guilty.
  • Options
    It's a MASSIVE organisation. They have 1,000's of employees. HR may take months getting around to kicking the scum bag out!
  • Options
    should sack him. no resale value and they will save about 250k in wages if he serves the whole term and still 125k if he serves half of it (assuming he's on 3k pw). sounds a real scumbag anyway. better off without him.
  • Options
    I think he got done for arson when he was at Carlisle.

Pleased, he got what he deserved.
  • Options
    nice to see the wendie fan not having his better judgment clouded by things madine has done on the pitch. top top attitude, nice one OP.

"an arrogant, violent thug" when drunk.

can see that on the pitch as well. proper moron.

i am glad we are a club that, whatever the currenty day behavioral standards are, consistently strive for better. thing with this case and with Evans--- sort it out lads, how can you support these oiks just because they do alright on the pitch. why wait until he has been convicted? he hit two fans, sack him as soon as you have made your own internal assessment. any other workplace would do the same.

if chris solly gave it the biggun and beat up a wee fan for no other reason than for the sheets and giggles of it (morons such as Madine seem to enjoy the whole plastic gangsta wah wah), we wouldnt have it. am sure 90% would want him bombed out the club REGARDLESS of how he was playing. however, it wouldnt tend to happen (our players behaving like this) because, on the whole, we do not allow such behavior.
  • Options
    I dont know if it was his twitter account or some fake one but remember when we won League One and posted on under his name was: "Well done Charlton winning the league but shame your not the best team in the division"

Was something like that anyway
  • Options
    How long before we read ' punched another prisoner and broke his jaw ' ?