Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wendies at war (Madine sent down)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Not a clear sending off for me – but one you have no chance of winning if you appeal. If the ref has seen it and thinks it was a sending off – no way a panel will overturn, even if it is harsh. There has to be a clear error somewhere!
  • Options
    Was there an increase in the ban for a frivolous appeal? I'm sure there would have been if he'd still been our player.
  • Options

Not a clear sending off for me – but one you have no chance of winning if you appeal. If the ref has seen it and thinks it was a sending off – no way a panel will overturn, even if it is harsh. There has to be a clear error somewhere!

Agree with this.

That’s why appeals are deemed to be frivolous and bans increased, you are basically saying the ref doesnt know what he's doing rather than pointing something out that was missed ie no contact and a player diving.
  • Options

Agreed. Amazed they appealed it and lucky not to have it increased to 4 games.
  • Options

Agreed. Amazed they appealed it and lucky not to have it increased to 4 games.
    don't you mean unlucky not to have it increased to 4 games? Be better off without him imo.

• Options

Speechless, stunned, shocked, saddened, sickened, - f.a = spineless.

Just because you dont agree doesn't make you right.
  • Options

To be honest that's a fair comment but it really wasn't as bad as even the TV footage shows, had it been live on TV there would've been other angles that would've change peoples opinions I'm sure.

No increase in the ban though, so it stands at 3 games - Semedo still might be able to get out of it - he's magic you know ;)
  • Options

To be honest that's a fair comment but it really wasn't as bad as even the TV footage shows, had it been live on TV there would've been other angles that would've change peoples opinions I'm sure.

That's a surprise - I would have thought they'd need at least 20 cameras for every game you play, you're so massive!

But seriously, how can you claim to know this? You've only seen it live (I presume), which is only one angle and not slowed down at all? It seems to be you are in no better position to judge than anyone else, really.
  • Options
    Okay.
  • Options
    i reckon operationpig IS semedo.

he comes on here because he misses charlton and he's banging on about the sending off as he's gutted he lost his appeal/is suspended
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    some of you give my nthn pal a hard time , shame on you

he alrite that op
  • Options
    It's quite okay NLA, I don't mind the 'southern' banter from you guys, I don't mind Charlton if i'm honest, i've always saw you as a proper old football club with tradition, and is rare for me to have a soft spot for a London club but it goes back to the days of when you were at the old Valley and had to share at SP, the days when Lennie Lawrence used to always manage to pull of a miracle and save you from the drop.
  • Options

It's quite okay NLA, I don't mind the 'southern' banter from you guys, I don't mind Charlton if i'm honest, i've always saw you as a proper old football club with tradition, and is rare for me to have a soft spot for a London club but it goes back to the days of when you were at the old Valley and had to share at SP, the days when Lennie Lawrence used to always manage to pull of a miracle and save you from the drop.

Talking of which op he signed Peter Shirtliff who done us a 'massive' turn against 'dirty' Leeds in the 86/87 replay play off final ;0)
  • Options

It's still the old Valley mate, we just tidied it up a bit....................
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    18 month sentence 5 months ago and Madine's out already and allegedly talking to the Wendies about a return.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9175641/sky-bet-championship-sheffield-wednesday-set-to-talk-to-striker-gary-madine
  • Options
    How is he out already if he was sentenced to 18 months? I don't know why they say 18 months because it never is. But he hasn't even served half of it
  • Options
    Seems like they've put too many 'L's in the club President's name.