Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wendies at war (Madine sent down)

Comments

• Options

Look at the Semedo tackle again, he never even touched him, he won the ball and still had one foot on the ground, we were robbed again yesterday by the officials.

Tell you what, the state of football with the officials is shocking.

Are you blind? Watch it again, he clearly makes contact with the guy's ankle and his foot is high. Correct decision.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday are gash. Even Yeovil have won a game.
  • Options

Look at the Semedo tackle again, he never even touched him, he won the ball and still had one foot on the ground, we were robbed again yesterday by the officials.

Tell you what, the state of football with the officials is shocking.

Are you blind? Watch it again, he clearly makes contact with the guy's ankle and his foot is high. Correct decision.
    Pigs looking for a bite as usual.
  • Options
    Not looking for a bite at all mate, you look at the tackle and you'll see he never made contact, the ref was conned, Semedo left the pitch in tears as he couldn't actually believe he was shown the red card, if we don't get it rescinded then something is wrong.
  • Options

Too many draws mate, but we've had some unbelievable bad luck, if we could just get a couple of back to back wins and kick on from there, don't worry, it's coming.
  • Options

Too many draws mate, but we've had some unbelievable bad luck, if we could just get a couple of back to back wins and kick on from there, don't worry, it's coming.
    I think most football fans who follow a losing team say this
  • Options

Not looking for a bite at all mate, you look at the tackle and you'll see he never made contact, the ref was conned, Semedo left the pitch in tears as he couldn't actually believe he was shown the red card, if we don't get it rescinded then something is wrong.

I've watched it on iPlayer, he clearly makes a lot of contact with his ankle and his foot is high. There's bias, and then there's refusing to see what's right in front of you.
  • Options

On here, the saying is Sheff U will come good.
  • Options
    @OP

If you think that there was no contact then you need to get down to specsavers mate?
  • Options
    I don't think it was a sending off, Semedo get's the ball first but as his sliding with the ball it hits the players ankle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope this image comes out large enough to see
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    He clearly gets the player on the Right ankle. To say he doesn't make contact is just embarrassingly blinkered and rediculous. No way will it, or should it be rescinded.....Oh and the disallowed goal was also the correct decision.
  • Options

I hope this image comes out large enough to see

If they refuse to see what's right infront of them on a video it's unlikely they'll admit they're wrong with a pic. But good effort anyway.

• Options
    Sending off or not it what the 85th min wasn't it? Wouldn't have made a difference.
  • Options
    Was a harsh sending off but no chance of a successful appeal.
  • Options
    We'll see, I think it will be overturned but I'll not hold my breath.

Looking at still images doesn't say anything, he never made any contact, the Bolton player got him sent off, simple as that.

As for it being in the 85th minute, we were on top for most of the game but we totally lost momentum after Semedos sending off, It was a shame because Semedo was absolutely brilliant all game, and I've been a big critic of his in the championship.
  • Options
    Personally, I can't see Semedo got the ball, as the ball continues in the opposite direction to Semedo's slide.

Semedo definitely took the player & it was a reckless challenge. Definitely a yellow & most refs in this day and age would give a red.

Similarish challenge to the one Pritch did at Bournemouth, 1st game of the season & got a red card.
  • Options
    Shocking tackle, deserved the red.
    Miss Piggy must have borrowed Wengers rose tinted contacts.
  • Options
    If he appeals that then he deserves a longer ban for a trivial appeal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    These days it doesn't matter if the player does get a piece of the ball, it was the aggressiveness / recklessness call it what you like, of the challenge resulting in a dangerous follow through which has been outlawed. Sorry Piggy, straight red and no point in appealing IMO.
    Edit: FIFA Fouls and Misconduct law 12.9 refers and check out part II 63 & 64 http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf
  • Options
    Can't believe Wendy will appeal once they have a good look at the footage. Waste of money. Not a chance in a million it will be rescinded.
  • Options
    Guys, you're using images and videos to make your point, which is clearly biased and not a true reflection of the events.... ; )
  • Options

Guys, you're using images and videos to make your point, which is clearly biased and not a true reflection of the events.... ; )

Yeah true. Semedo cried so what more evidence can there be?

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Obviously cares a lot for this club - fair play, hope the appeal goes his way, he's worked hard to get back into the side and with a crucial trip away at Barnsley next saturday I hope he gets to play in it.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Obviously cares a lot for this club - fair play, hope the appeal goes his way, he's worked hard to get back into the side and with a crucial trip away at Barnsley next saturday I hope he gets to play in it.
    He used to cry when he got sent off for us too, which happened more regularly than I liked
  • Options

DRAddick said:

What's that got to do with the fact it was a bad tackle and you and the other Wednesdayites are ignoring all evidence to that fact with your only arguement to the contrary being that he cried?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Like I said, in my opinion it wasn't a bad tackle, I've seen it live and saw it on TV, it looks much worse on TV but he won the ball, no point was two feet off the pitch he had one foot on the deck, the kid made a meal of it, about 2 minutes before that Buxton was chopped down from behind and the Bolton player wasn't even shown a yellow.

Going round in circles on here anyway, as it's plainly obvious you all think it's a red.

Goodnight.
  • Options
    Dont matter if he got the man or the ball, he was was reckless.
    When he starts the challenge both feet are off the ground. Straight red.
    Saying he didn't touch the man is crazy, it don;t make any difference. Do people want injured players before the ref can act?
    Makes mad when so called experts say, the player got a bit of the ball. You can't play through a man to get the ball.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Like I said, in my opinion it wasn't a bad tackle, I've seen it live and saw it on TV, it looks much worse on TV but he won the ball, no point was two feet off the pitch he had one foot on the deck, the kid made a meal of it, about 2 minutes before that Buxton was chopped down from behind and the Bolton player wasn't even shown a yellow.

Going round in circles on here anyway, as it's plainly obvious you all think it's a red.

Goodnight.

That's not what you said, you said "he never touched him" and "He never made contact".

Night night.