Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wendies at war (Madine sent down)

Comments

• Options

Dont matter if he got the man or the ball, he was was reckless.
    When he starts the challenge both feet are off the ground. Straight red.
    Saying he didn't touch the man is crazy, it don;t make any difference. Do people want injured players before the ref can act?
    Makes mad when so called experts say, the player got a bit of the ball. You can't play through a man to get the ball.

You know what, this it the type of stuff that is making football so fking boring these days, soon and my guess in about 5 years tackling won't be allowed, just interception from stray passes, can't wait.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Saying he didn't touch the man is crazy, it don;t make any difference. Do people want injured players before the ref can act?
    Makes mad when so called experts say, the player got a bit of the ball. You can't play through a man to get the ball.

You know what, this it the type of stuff that is making football so fking boring these days, soon and my guess in about 5 years tackling won't be allowed, just interception from stray passes, can't wait.
    Don't be like that, the newer laws or interpretation of them are trying to protect the more skilful players from the cloggers thus making the game more entertaining. Both Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer were two of the most cultured defenders in the 60's / 70's ever to grace a football field and never had to resort to the over zealous Vinny Jones Jose Semedo method of tackling so I'm not so sure about your look into the future. Hmm.....Could it be that your more direct style of 'rough em up play' does not suit the way the game is changing, I wonder :-0
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Guys, you're using images and videos to make your point, which is clearly biased and not a true reflection of the events.... ; )

Yeah true. Semedo cried so what more evidence can there be?

Obviously cares a lot for this club - fair play, hope the appeal goes his way, he's worked hard to get back into the side and with a crucial trip away at Barnsley next saturday I hope he gets to play in it.
    He cried at Charlton once too dear boy. He must either care about a lot of clubs, or be an emotional wreck.
  • Options
    Op, agree with you. The game has been going soft for years. The 'skilful' players have always been around and survived. The 'skill' now is diving/pretending.........farkin hate it. Having said that, this one was a red :)
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Guys, you're using images and videos to make your point, which is clearly biased and not a true reflection of the events.... ; )

Obviously cares a lot for this club - fair play, hope the appeal goes his way, he's worked hard to get back into the side and with a crucial trip away at Barnsley next saturday I hope he gets to play in it.
    He cried at Charlton once too dear boy. He must either care about a lot of clubs, or be an emotional wreck.
    Perhaps, it the thought of the two weeks fine, that does it?
  • Options

Op, agree with you. The game has been going soft for years. The 'skilful' players have always been around and survived. The 'skill' now is diving/pretending.........farkin hate it. Having said that, this one was a red :)

Agreed, tackling either when going to ground or standing up is a skill in itself, if you take the ball the likely hood is your momentum will take you into the player.

My view on the incident is Semedo got the ball but also got the player badly on the ankle, I wouldn't have sent him off but seen reds for softer tackles also.

• Options
    i thought it seemed a tad harsh.
  • Options
    we saw semedo do that tackle enough times to know it was not malicious but was just a poor semedo tackle, it looks worse than it was and its easy to see why he got a red

as for the tears Semedo cares about every club he is at it seems, but he should man up a bit crying for getting sent off is a bit babyish
  • Options
    3 points last week...................Sheff Utd are coming good.
  • Options
    Well you can't argue the refs view was impeded by players are that he was to far away. No way will that be rescinded other wise you might as well sack the ref, because there would be no excuse for getting it wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

spot on players never seem to learn bulldozing your way through even if you get a slight touch these days will get you in trouble. these type of tackles dont make a lot of sense any as the player has no idea where the ball will go and you are just risking a sending off.
  • Options
    Semedo should've been given a second red for 'crying' about the first red. Simulation of the highest degree.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Perhaps, it the thought of the two weeks fine, that does it?
    I thought it was when he found out he was going to Sheffield Wednesday! ;-)
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Semedo cried at Charlton after scoring his first goal at The Valley.

It meant so much to him and he would never leave Charlton, he told the press, at the end of the game.

2 months later he signed for Sheff W.
  • Options
    clumsy tackle from a lad that should have learnt to stay on his feet by now.

if u make those challenges regularly, you are going to end up with a lot of suspensions.

football has changed and this tackles are no longer acceptable in european games. its no malicious or dangerous particularly but it is no longer within the rules.
  • Options
    Lost the appeal. Didn't see that one coming.........
  • Options
    Talal said:

Well I never, ban increased I sincerely hope for the shear frivolity of it :-0
  • Options
    I can hear the blubbing echoing down the M1 as I type. 'The tears of Semedo'

Stealing a living, and always has been.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Semedo or Madine?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Speechless, stunned, shocked, saddened, sickened, - f.a = spineless.

• Options

Specsavers?
  • Options

Talal said:

Semedo or Madine?

Semedo
  • Options

Today's Charlton Life was brought to you by the letter S.
  • Options

You missed substantiated! ;-)
  • Options
    Sensible, sane.
  • Options

Umm, but they're correct...
  • Options

Melodrama rife in streets of sheffield (if the pig actually lives there)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't know how you can be so adamant piggy? It was a clear sending off. Unless you're on a naughty wind-up!
  • Options

I don't know how you can be so adamant piggy? It was a clear sending off. Unless you're on a naughty wind-up!

Likes telling porkers.