Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey

Comments

• Options

Danny Mills wasnt

One then.

I give you Derek Hales. Heard of him?

• Options
    Jason Euell was? or wasnt
    Powell?
  • Options

Kermorgant was....

Oops forgot my time machine. You read nothing.

Did Poyet do well when he came back
    He plays his final game of his career against us for Barcelona in the Champions League final in 2028.
  • Options
    Former players who came back in management/coaching staff:

Curbs came back, first as a player, before becoming joint manager.
    After being sacked as joint manager, Gritty came back as Academy coaching staff.

Pardew came back as manager.

Firmani came back twice as a player, and during his third spell here as player was appointed manager.

After being manager at Gillingham and Maidstone, Keith Peacock came back as coaching staff, before becoming Assistant Manager.

Mark Robson and Mark Kinsella returned as coaching staff.
    Phill Chapple returned as Chief Scout.

And Paddy Powell came back as groundsman!

No doubt there are more, but that's just off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Strange comment Prague as my username may give away ive heard of killer or Derek Hales to you.And when I said about players going back i didnt just mean Charlton I meant in general,in my time of watching Charlton Hales is the one that stands out as I can't think of any others than Flash.But again its only my opinion and memory which isn't great at the best of times.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Former players who came back in management/coaching staff:

Curbs came back, first as a player, before becoming joint manager.
    After being sacked as joint manager, Gritty came back as Academy coaching staff.

Pardew came back as manager.

Firmani came back twice as a player, and during his third spell here as player was appointed manager.

After being manager at Gillingham and Maidstone, Keith Peacock came back as coaching staff, before becoming Assistant Manager.

Mark Robson and Mark Kinsella returned as coaching staff.
    Phill Chapple returned as Chief Scout.

And Paddy Powell came back as groundsman!

No doubt there are more, but that's just off the top of my head.

Alan Pardew

Oh
  • Options
    Thread off piste already! lol

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Kermorgant was....

He plays his final game of his career against us for Barcelona in the Champions League final in 2028.
    33 a bit young to retire was it an injury
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I haven't seen him play too much since leaving Charlton but I thought he was overrated when here as surprised we got such a good price for him.

Ha ha ha Shelvey wasn't overrated by most here, we could all see that he was 2 steps ahead of everyone else in the team even Parky saw it and admitted Shelvey was too good for his team mates and was sold from under Parkinson who wasn't able to manage the players to play at the same level Shelvey naturally played.

The lad is good, very good. I still rate him and if he is leaving Swansea for Palace then best of luck to him but I highly doubt he would make that move.

I could see him linking up with Poyet at West Ham though!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Thread off piste already! lol

To be fair, the thread is about him scoring for Swansea against Liverpool. ............ in sepetember........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does management/coaching really count and yes goby thread well off piste,sorry.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Kermorgant was....

Back injury from a heavy wallet
  • Options
    Would not surprise me if Palace wanted him, would surprise me that he would go there, not due to loyalty to us, but as it would be a step backwards and I am sure better clubs than Palace would love to sign him, especially as he is on the edge of an England recall.
  • Options

Severe concussion after being hit by a flying pigs head
  • Options
    Same story as last yr to which Jonjo said had no legs

He is on tour with the jack army in Chicago so I would pressure it's the same nonsense

• Options
    Holmesdale end? Fan site seem to be split 50/50 whether he is good enough for them. Haha.

One even suggests that they should not be looking at Swansea players as the Swans are no better than them.
  • Options
    #MadeInCharlton
  • Options
    Notice they got Welbeck as Man U
  • Options
    Danny Welbeck still a United player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well deserved recognition for Jonjo. Hope he actually gets some game time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    About time Jonjo and Clyne got a call up! What has Townsend down to deserve a recall though?

Edit: Still no Nathan Dyer or Routledge? What has Hodgson got against them I wonder.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Well deserved Jonjo.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

GOALKEEPERS
    Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

DEFENDERS
    Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), John Stones (Everton)

MIDFIELDERS
    Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

FORWARDS
    Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal)

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2014/oct/england-squad-san-marino-estonia#Gll8Ig3kxqCHMoxk.99
  • Options
    delighted to see him and delph in the same england squad. They were both 16 year olds playing in league one and have risen to the highest level.

Congrats jonjo! Now nail down that place!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

delighted to see him and delph in the same england squad. They were both 16 year olds playing in league one and have risen to the highest level.

Congrats jonjo! Now nail down that place!

As have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lambert, Forster and even Townsend.
  • Options
    Excellent news - hopefully get some game time.
  • Options
    I did not think he was on Hodgsons radar so pleased to see him in the squad, this qualifying tournament is ideal for him to develop on the international stage.
  • Options
    Great.

I felt he should have gone to the World Cup. He was in great form towards the back of last season.

This season has kicked on again.

Well done Jonjo.
  • Options
    Good luck Jonjo. I remain often he opinion with the right development he will become something very special. If someone like Wenger would take a punt he would end up a england captain. IMO.