Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Some thin ice being skated on here
  • Options
    Makes a change that it's not you skating on it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    personally i think he's going to mature like pirlo and the like that actually play their best football in their 30s. His game's never been about speed which will hopefully mean he has a longer career. Top talent and built like a brick shithouse some one said of him when he made his debut at 16.
  • Options
    Monks a tool for doing it publically.
    He got gifted the managers job and a decent team.
    I fully expect JJ to be still playing when Monk has long gone from top flight management.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    angry ungle
  • Options
    He certainly doesn't seem to have pushed on as much as he should have. Seems to be being pushed down the England pecking order too.
  • Options
    Confirmation of the BBC post: (for the few who haven't yet read it)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620866
  • Options
    I've always said he's not intelligent enough as a footballer to make it as a permanent England international. The raw talent is there without doubt but can he push on. I doubt he can. ( cue the Shelvey mafia! )
    I think Monk said what a lot of people think but maybe it wasn't the greatest idea to say it publicly.
  • Options
    I think Monk is right, absolutely love Jonjo but he's always picked up needless bookings through not just laziness also petulant challenges.
  • Options
    Just caught jogging back as Pool broke for their first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should be off, just elbowed the guy in face. Stupidity.
  • Options
    Will get a ban when the FA look at that, Gary Monk wont be happy
  • Options
    Now elbow in face of defender missed by ref. Doubt he'll come out for 2nd half. Still twice the player Henderson is.
  • Options
    He's been shit tonight as have most of the Swansea side
  • Options
    edited December 2014

He's been shit tonight as have most of the Swansea side

But you can appreciate how he was encouraging (pointing) keep possession even if it meant pass it back. Important to frustrate Scousers at home. Mountain to climb now.
  • Options
    Having seen Paul walsh,Robert Lee, and Paul Elliott either in debuts or youth matches and saying to anyone in earshot they would play for England. (Elliott having to quit after that tackle put paid to his chances)

With Shelvey i thought he had great talent but was not sure about his temperament and if he could play the simple ball as well as the 30 yard pass.

Lee Bowyer had bags of talents as a youngster but was a flawed character which hindered his career.

This seems to be Gary Monks style (like Big Bob on TBH) let see if it works, or JonJo gets the hump?
  • Options
    Interesting to hear Carragher say he used to do it in training as well and that it was his ill discipline that led to him leaving Liverpool.
  • Options
    Where's the brown nose brigade?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hahaha Monks face was a picture.
  • Options
    Game has certainly livened up a tad
  • Options
    Now just walks slowly as Lallana bursts through to score.
  • Options
    I used to love him. Absolute waster now. Going down the drain....gutted.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Can understand why Monk thinks that Shelvey is a lazy sod after watching Liverpool's 3rd.
    Never has a man looked less bothered about an opposition player running past them.
  • Options
    Just scored an own goal too !
  • Options
    Now an own goal. Not the best of nights.
  • Options
    Own Goal now as well

what a night he has had
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Haven't seen too many Swansea games this season but they've all been very poor with ball retention tonight.

Shelvey own goal on top of that elbow to top off a horrible game for him.
  • Options
    F**k me he's having an absolute shocker.