Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sol Campbell claims racism has hindered his progress.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I always assumed it was because he's gay.
  • Options

If he can go abroad and get the gist of what is to be a good coach , then longer term he will be a better coach for it.
    Wish more people would go and work in another country and bring what they've learned back into the game.

Exactly this. I guarantee if sol Campbell goes away and proves himself at other clubs in other countries he will be able to get a job here. As it is no one wants to take a punt on him.

Personally if I was a chairman after reading his interview with the Guardian I would be less likely to have him as a manager because I would be worried that if I criticised/sacked him I would be branded a racist by him in the media.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

They have a ridiculous rule in American Football where at least one person of an ethnic minority HAS to be interviewed for a coaching role for every vacancy. John Barnes was advocating this on BBC radio a while back. Personally never heard such a load of tosh in the time I've been following Football.

In London the ethnic minority rule would work against him.
  • Options
    I'm sure I read an article last year bemoaning the fact there was only one black manager in the professional game (even though there were two).

So now we're saying there are four? That's "progress" then, isn't it?

But seriously, if the likes of Curbishley seem to be off th radar for jobs these days then who th efuck does Sol Campbell thinjk he is to just walk into a position because he fancies it?

So he "offered an olive branch to the FA" did he? Fuck me, with that sort of attitude it's amazing they even bothered to reply.
  • Options
    And Gary Neville spent the year previous to being appointed as working to becoming the best football pundit on telly i've personally ever seen. Why does Sol earn his stripes at the lower levels or even non league?? Spoilt modern footballer syndrome i'm afraid.
  • Options
    Has this outrage been properly reported anywhere outside of The Guardian ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Charlton Life?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Well obviously any black/female/gay/transsexual/immigrant/alien always has the ear of The Guardian. And god bless them for it too, it's the only thing that gets my blood pulse rising these days.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What have the Black Lawyers Association got to say about it?
  • Options
    He shouldn't be given a job just because there isn't enough black managers.... If someone is better equiped to do the job then they should get it... Irrelevant of colour. Up till last week only 4 managers in the "English Premier League" were actually English so maybe there should be a call for more English Managers. But saying that just wouldn't be PC. If he cant get a job managing Tesco's In Rainham Essex are hiring...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure we had this same discussion when Paul Ince was moaning about a similar thing! I might be wrong........... It would be a first but you never know.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    uncle said:

I'm sure we had this same discussion when Paul Ince was moaning about a similar thing! I might be wrong........... It would be a first but you never know.

I think it is an annual CL discussion. Wouldn't be CL without this and What school did you go to threads
  • Options
    Oh dear Sol
  • Options
    Wait till The Ferdinands want to be managers.... They had better be offered top jobs or there will be trouble.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Oh dear Sol

yes indeed, Ahh Sol.
  • Options
    Neville on twitter

@GNev2: Ex players that spend their careers telling their teammates how they want to relax and do other things when they've finished / spend 4 years In hibernation doing nothing for the game and then wake up and expect the world to come to them! Just work hard and see where it gets you!!

• Options
    Haha quality. Love Neville. Tells it how it is.
  • Options
    serious note why the lack of Irish traveller managers?
  • Options

Sol Campbell is a twat

Nicholas said:

His a twat who feels everyone owes him something, John Barnes is similar.

PL54 said:

He's a plank.

my sentiments exactly
    Classy, real classy!
  • Options
    nolly said:

Fair point. If we had one at the Valley maybe the potholes could get sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ain't Freddie Eastwood from traveler stock?
  • Options
    Yeah Eastwood is one of the most common Romany Gypsy names in the South East.
  • Options
    I wonder if how hard he has actually tried getting a job in the lower leagues. I'm sure there are plenty of white coaches who can't get a break. Unless you have a strong affiliation with a club ie Powell then you are going to have to start at the bottom and prove yourself like everyone else.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Its all the home games that would screw them. Have it away games no problem...
  • Options
    Most travellers dont do much travelling!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Neville on twitter

@GNev2: Ex players that spend their careers telling their teammates how they want to relax and do other things when they've finished / spend 4 years In hibernation doing nothing for the game and then wake up and expect the world to come to them! Just work hard and see where it gets you!!

Considering he was such a bellend on the pitch he's remarkably good off it!

Spot on from the Neviller
  • Options
    I can tell you for fact Freddie Eastwood is a tinker , I have bet on him racing his pony and trap on lieutenant Ellis way in Cheshunt
  • Options
    He's Romany mate not tinker
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Neville on twitter

Considering he was such a bellend on the pitch he's remarkably good off it!

Spot on from the Neviller
    I completely agree that Sol Campbell is a prize twat, however, getting lectures on "work hard and see where it gets you" from Gary Neville is a bit rich.

Gary Neville has never earned his coaching credentials anywhere, he got parachuted into his England coaching gig - just like he did with his Sky pundit gig.

Sol Campbell has no grounds for complaint, he has barely lifted a finger trying to get into the game.