Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sol Campbell claims racism has hindered his progress.

Comments

• Options
    It's a shame the way he's gone. He was such good player.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Never has one man needed a slap more than Sol
  • Options
    No club in this country will touch him with a barge pole now - as soon as they try to sack him he will play the race card.

He's his own worst enemy.

Shame because, as has already been stated, he was a superb player.
  • Options
    I look forward to his "Tories are racist" tweets when he isnt voted in as leader of the Conservatives after the General Election. "If I was white, I would have been PM" etc.
    Am surprised he has got time for Politics, what with his booming Hollywood film career, what he claimed he was going to do after football. Oh wait a minute...
  • Options

The black vote? Why does that need to be said Sol.....it's a British vote regardless off skin colour. I hate this man with a passion, and no Sol that is not because of your skin colour, it's because you are a prick.

Join the club! Been a member for over 13 years now.
  • Options
    "The 40-year-old has also said that if he doesn’t get a job in England within the next few years, he will look abroad. "

Hooray
  • Options
    PL54 said:

"The 40-year-old has also said that if he doesn’t get a job in England within the next few years, he will look abroad. "

Hooray

Fancy he'll get a job in Russia.....
  • Options
    PL54 said:

San Francisco?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a strange deluded man.

Some of what he says is disgraceful in the name of playing the race card and some disgraceful in the big headed "im a footballer I should be given what I want" game.

Perfect example of some footballers should be seen and not heard.
  • Options
    Why does he feel so hard done by? he's made a mint playing at top level clubs and internationally, so where has he got it in his mind that the world is against him? He wasn't captain.....cry me a river!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Why does he feel so hard done by? he's made a mint playing at top level clubs and internationally, so where has he got it in his mind that the world is against him? He wasn't captain.....cry me a river!

He wasn't captain because Alan Shearer was. No contest I'm afraid Sol.
  • Options
    Ahhh but Shearer was only captain because he was white.

This is written in jest.
  • Options
    You can paint a turd gold, it's still a turd. Colour and quality are not related in any way. Deal with it Sol.
  • Options
    From what Ive just read in an article he sounds foolish and arrogant.

Shame really I thought of him as a good ex pro, really good defender for club and country.

More of a twat if he thought he would be a better captain then beckham....and even more of a twat for not having his pro license and thinking he could walk into Garry Nevilles job.

• Options
    So the main reason why he wants to go into politics is to fight the proposal to have a mansion tax (source: Guardian article) the only other stated reason is to get more black people to vote. The second reason is laudable but I am not really sure if the mansion tax will be a serious consideration for most black (or white) voters.
  • Options
    I would love to see Powell get a job in the England set up before Sol Campbell. It will take the collective efforts of Sol and the black lawyers association to spin that one as racist.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I would love to see Powell get a job in the England set up before Sol Campbell. It will take the collective efforts of Sol and the black lawyers association to spin that one as racist.

Noel Blake waa also an England coach for years. Hope Powell was coach of the women's team as well.
  • Options
    Can anyone even imagine Campbell as a head coach or manager after these comments? I could imagine him being racist himself by insisting all his captains had to be black to get the armband.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leroy has considered this situation. And breaks it down thus.

1 - The overall population of the country may only be 3% black, but the players that make up the football 'industry' (from whence the vast majority of football managers are recruited) have a far higher percentage of blacks. This has been the case for at least twenty years and, with the exceptionally high turnover rate in the industry, enough time has passed for the change in attitude that has been prevalent in society over that time to have filtered down to football. This indicates there may be a valid point to look at (arguments from hand wringing liberals and knuckle dragging troglodytes notwithstanding)

2 - The Rooney Rule has actually been a success in the NFL - to the point that it's no longer even discussed by anyone outside Fox News. Black coaches are now far more prominent than previously, and no-one cares about ethnicity any more (whereas a black coach 30 years ago raised eyebrows and pulses alike)

3 - Neither of these points, despite being obvious to anyone possessed of intelligence in excess of that of pine furniture will prevent this thread from descending into a pathetic free for all as those with their own agendas to push and too much time on their hands engage in futile oneupmanship and childish point scoring

4 - Sol Campbell is an arrogant, self-aggrandising, facetious prick.

Here endeth the lesson. Go in peace. Amen.

(ahem)

I think every time this imbecile makes a fool of himself in public to the point where this thread gets dragged up again, I should just cut and paste that point as a reply.
  • Options
    This sounds like a chicken or the egg problem.

how many black ex players have the full qualifications to get the coaching jobs.

Or is it that they don't bother because they feel it's a waste of time.

I heard Dean Saunders say he has spent many years getting his pro coaching badges, and he wondered if the black ex pros have done the same ?

I'm amazed someone like Paul Mortimer, who wants to be a coach is still struggling to get there, as he comes across, as a very articulated guy. He said he can't even get an interview.

Sol Campbell Would last 5 mins as a coach/manager for reasons all ready stated
  • Options
    His skin colour hasn't prevented his progress.

His public outcries for attention has prevented his progress.
  • Options
    In London there are a lot of black coaches and football workers. In Leeds there are a lot less and even less in a place like Carlisle. Until we have a decent amount of people living everywhere who are ethnic minorities, don't expect an even spread of jobs. There is some racism but people like Paul ince, sol Campbell and files ranges strike me as being hard to work with and have sour grapes. People who are friendly get jobs. Look at chris Powell, Keith curle, kiwomya and Clark Carlisle. They are professional people who do not constantly moan about how tough life is. Yes, they want change but look at how they aim to achieve that. That is why they got jobs.
  • Options
    "Until we have a decent amount of people living everywhere who are ethnic minorities"

I don't understand.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

I also enjoyed “The career I have had should warrant me getting a job”

Because that's how it works. Definitely not based on competence, ability or whether you're a complete fucking tosser or not.

Why isn't John Barnes & Roy Keane managers at top clubs?
  • Options
    Just had a cringe remembering the Barnes and McAteer "Dream Team" at Tranmere. Ouch.
  • Options

how many black ex players have the full qualifications to get the coaching jobs.

I heard Dean Saunders say he has spent many years getting his pro coaching badges, and he wondered if the black ex pros have done the same ?

I'm amazed someone like Paul Mortimer, who wants to be a coach is still struggling to get there, as he comes across, as a very articulated guy. He said he can't even get an interview.

I was reading an interview with Dean Windass yesterday and he has all of his coaching bases but can't get a job. He said it's very, very difficult trying to find an opening.
  • Options

I was reading an interview with Dean Windass yesterday and he has all of his coaching bases but can't get a job. He said it's very, very difficult trying to find an opening.
    TBH, every time I've heard Dean Windass talk I think I'd struggle to find a place for him stacking shelves at Lidl
  • Options

TBH, every time I've heard Dean Windass talk I think I'd struggle to find a place for him stacking shelves at Lidl
    If Iain Dowie can get a job, then anyone can.