Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    It was Boreham Wood who were launching bottles onto the Wembley pitch last season wasn't it?
  • Options

Welling win again.

Also think the Ebbsfleet keeper is in for a long ban, apparently jumped into the crowd after todays game to start fighting Boreham wood fans!

Boreham Wood fans are a real scummy bunch of little shits. Ashmore claims he was racially abused, so confronted the group behind the goal & the situation escalated from there. It's a difficult 1 because by the letter of the law he should receive a ban, but nobody should ever be on the receiving end of the level of abuse I heard today
    A 59 year old Eastleigh fan got fined and banned from their ground last season or the season before for racially abusing him.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Looks serious.
    Fleet in the blue shirts-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AogHu9M4-jc
  • Options
    You'd hope the stewards act properly and back up the Goalkeeper if anything has been said to him

Got to question the sanity of the fans though; they're potentially racially abusing an opponent yet have black players themselves???
  • Options
    edited November 2018

You'd hope the stewards act properly and back up the Goalkeeper if anything has been said to him

Got to question the sanity of the fans though; they're potentially racially abusing an opponent yet have black players themselves???

Its always been the way. At all levels of football and all clubs including ours, but its not a football thing its society as a whole..
  • Options
    It didn't look that serious to me. The racists should be banned and the goalie punished, but it all looked like handbags to me.
  • Options

It didn't look that serious to me. The racists should be banned and the goalie punished, but it all looked like handbags to me.

Would you like that for 90 minutes in your ear hole.
  • Options
    The keeper seems to get hit at least once, all be it a slap more than a punch and before that there does seem to be an exchange of blows but slightly off camera. I hope the keeper at least gets his side of the story across. Going into the crowd is a big no-no so I reckon this will get taken seriously by league authorities. They will probably look for a precedent, update it for the context and give him a slap on the wrist. A few bans of some of those 'fans' may be in order yet too.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Its always been the way. At all levels of football and all clubs including ours, but its not a football thing its society as a whole..
    Can we create one of those hashtag things, to make the world better?

Think that goalkeeper is very good.
    Had a good bit of banter with him against Welling not so long ago.
    Some of those gobby fuckers actually needed that.
    Ideally both sets of players weighing them in.
  • Options

The steward did a good job on his own.
    The keeper did get hit at least once, but what was he expecting? An invute to the Christmas party? I would expect a long ban.

I didn't hear any racist comments.

Were you at the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks serious.

They are the wood...bloody dead wood.
  • Options

The keeper did get hit at least once, but what was he expecting? An invute to the Christmas party? I would expect a long ban.

Were you at the game.
    No.
    Just watched the videos
    Well I am lead to believe that from people who were there that he endured it for most of the match.
  • Options
    Surely two wrongs do not make a right and action should have been taken by the officials and stewards.

Cantona got a six month ban when he kung fu kicked the palice dude(he did deserve it though!).
  • Options

Looks serious.

Why the bloody hell are the Boreham Wood players clapping their supporters?!
  • Options

The keeper seems to get hit at least once, all be it a slap more than a punch and before that there does seem to be an exchange of blows but slightly off camera. I hope the keeper at least gets his side of the story across. Going into the crowd is a big no-no so I reckon this will get taken seriously by league authorities. They will probably look for a precedent, update it for the context and give him a slap on the wrist. A few bans of some of those 'fans' may be in order yet too.

A few years back, Kingstonian keeper Rob Tolfrey was banned for seven matches for leaping into the crowd to confront Bognor Regis fans who were dishing out racist abuse.

Dulwich's stuttering season continued yesterday with a crappy 1-0 loss to a very average Oxford City. The move back to Champion Hill is pencilled in for 1 December and can't come soon enough.

This coming Saturday should be very interesting - Welling v Dulwich in the FA Trophy!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Erith Town made it 5 wins in a row beating K Sports 3-2 with an 88th min cracker. A few scouts there Saturday looking at K Sports 17yo striker James Jeffrey, who scored their opener.
    https://www.erithtown.co.uk/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=46
  • Options

Were you at the game.
    No.
    Just watched the videos
    Well I am lead to believe that from people who were there that he endured it for most of the match.
    But you weren't there either?
    No but i know people who were... Do you.
  • Options
    Saw Hendon draw 0-0 at Tiverton. A dodgy pitch didn't help the quality of the game but Tiverton were unlucky not to win it at the end. Great non-league ground with decent Tribute on sale in the bar.

Watched Barnet win at Hartlepool on the box last night; Of the ex-Hendon players on show, Niko Muir didn't do a lot for Hartlepool but Josh Walker scored a late goal for Barnet. Walker is a strong winger who has got the beating of a man and is a wonderful finisher. John Still said last night that he's up there with the very best he's worked with in terms of finishing. He decided a few tight games at Hendon last season with some class goals/bits of skill and if I was a scout, I'd definitely be watching him.

Wesley Fonguck had a strong game in Barnet's midfield too. He's one who impressed when on loan to Hendon a couple of years ago when he came into a crap team and held it together. Definitely another one to watch.
  • Options
    Boreham Wood fans punched a Kingstonian player at a play-off final a few years back.

So not their 1st offence for a club with no fans.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Boreham Wood fans punched a Kingstonian player at a play-off final a few years back.

So not their 1st offence for a club with no fans.........

In last years play off final a Tranmere player was hit by a bottle thrown by a Boreham wood fan
  • Options
    An honest, prompt and reasonable statement I would say.
    It appears to state the facts and says it will ban the offenders if caught.
  • Options

Were you at the game.
    No.
    Just watched the videos
    But you weren't there either?
    No but i know people who were... Do you.
    I dont know. I'll put a message on Facebook to see if any of my friends were there.
    I'll update you on the response.
    Good idea at last.
  • Options
    Wellling goals can be found here.
    Certainly do the conference south justice.
    If this was a few divisions higher, Linekar and Co would be wetting themselves.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/club-info/517604
  • Options

I can't believe that is an official statement. Looks like it's been written by an argumentative 14 year old. About right for Boreham Wood though. Horrible little club
    Totally agree the chief steward held everyone back and gathered evidence did he. I have seen Ashmore play lots of times and he joins in the odd banter with proper opposition fans, never seen him react like that before.