Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Welling 32 points have Hungerford (12th) away, Maidstone (top) home, Concord (15th) away.

Billericay 30 points have Eastbourne (6th) away, Ebbsfleet (3rd) home, Braintree (19th) away.
    I’d put all my money on Welling staying up looking at that. 
    Welling have a much worse goal difference though, so if they both lose their next 2 (which is very possible) then a Billericay win on the last day and a Welling draw would mean Welling going down.

If Welling win 1 of their last 3 though i think that'll be good enough to stay up.
  • edited April 2022
    Hopefully its just been a very crap season for Welling, and its not going to be some pointless delay of the inevitable execution.

A mate of mine, who doesnt get down to Welling as much these days, yet hears from friends who attends - Has hinted that Goldberg is screwing the club a little bit, but hasnt elaborated so hope its not the case for them!!
  • RedPanda said:
    Ebbsfleet have a very good run of fixtures compared to Dartford so they'll be going straight into the semis with home advantage. Dorking look head and shoulders above both sides though.
    Dorking supporting son told us that Conor Gallagher's brother Dan plays for them. Did we already know this ? 

Oh and the Wanderers only scored 7 today....
    That's Dan - the CB/ CDM with long dark hair. There are four brothers in total I think. Jake played for Dorking last season and did that weird pirouette that went viral. He's at Maidstone now. Josh is a coach who was with (and might still be with) the DW youth set up. 

And they might have scored 7, but I have never seen a more furious bollocking than the one dished out at full time yesterday! 
  • Hopefully its just been a very crap season for Welling, and its not going to be some pointless delay of the inevitable execution.

A mate of mine, who doesnt get down to Welling as much these days, yet hears from friends who attends - Has hinted that Goldberg is screwing the club a little bit, but hasnt elaborated so hope its not the case for them!!
    A guy I chatted to in the coaching team there last week said the players don't care much at all and it's all very moody behind the scenes. They were abysmal that day and nobody looked too bothered. 

I just think Concord and Hungerford have downed tools and that might well be enough to let Welling in. Especially as Eastbourne and Ebbsfleet are looking good and potentially have a lot to play for. 
  • Looking forward to a few National League South trips with Worthing next season. Lose the 3 Sussex derbies but get some more interesting trips. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Hopefully its just been a very crap season for Welling, and its not going to be some pointless delay of the inevitable execution.

A guy I chatted to in the coaching team there last week said the players don't care much at all and it's all very moody behind the scenes. They were abysmal that day and nobody looked too bothered. 

I just think Concord and Hungerford have downed tools and that might well be enough to let Welling in. Especially as Eastbourne and Ebbsfleet are looking good and potentially have a lot to play for. 
    They came back from 3-0 down to get a draw in an away game a couple of weeks ago, so they must care a bit.
  • Welling let a late goal in against Slough in September to draw 2-2, so that along with Saturday is 4 points dropped and that would probably mean Welling would be safe now, ah well. 

Its going to be close but Welling might just edge it with the slightly better fixtures for them coming up.
  • This season's National League promotion final will be staged at West Ham's London Stadium on Sunday, 5 June.

It is the second successive year the match has not been played at Wembley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61217814

• RedPanda said:
    Ebbsfleet have a very good run of fixtures compared to Dartford so they'll be going straight into the semis with home advantage. Dorking look head and shoulders above both sides though.
    Ebbsfleet are very hit and miss at home so would probably prefer to be away.
    Just happened to be hit when they played Welling.
    6 bloody times
  • edited April 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:

They came back from 3-0 down to get a draw in an away game a couple of weeks ago, so they must care a bit.
    Indeed they did.
    Made for a pleasant journey home
  • Sponsored links:

• Phoenix got spanked 3-0 at home and relegated cos the bottom two unfortunately played each other. Don’t even know what league that goes into, kent prem?
    The usual leagues to get relegated into from the Isthmian Southeast are the Southern Counties East League (basically Kent) and the Southern Combination (mainly Sussex). The border between the two moves around a bit depending on which clubs are at that level. You have to drop another 2 levels before you get to the county leagues.
  • Phoenix got spanked 3-0 at home and relegated cos the bottom two unfortunately played each other. Don’t even know what league that goes into, kent prem?
    The usual leagues to get relegated into from the Isthmian Southeast are the Southern Counties East League (basically Kent) and the Southern Combination (mainly Sussex). The border between the two moves around a bit depending on which clubs are at that level. You have to drop another 2 levels before you get to the county leagues.
    Yeah sorry I didn’t mean kent country prem, it used to be another kent type league with Glebe etc. Didn’t know what it was called.
  • 1442 to see North Ferriby beat Harrogate Railway 3-2 in the play off final and get promotion to the North East Counties League Premier Division. The first time they’ve managed to complete a season in four years: liquidation; Covid; Covid.
  • Maidstone last home game on the 7th May is now all ticket 
  • Welling 2 0 up against Dartford in the KSC semi final.
    Did we enter that this year? 
  • FFS, welling concede in the 5th minute of injury time and lose on penalties.
  • Pressure growing on Stockport at top of NL after Wrexham's 6-1 win last night. Still have a game in hand.
  • 1442 to see North Ferriby beat Harrogate Railway 3-2 in the play off final and get promotion to the North East Counties League Premier Division. The first time they’ve managed to complete a season in four years: liquidation; Covid; Covid.
    That's early isn't it, a league plus it's play offs done and dusted before the end of April?!
    That's early isn't it, a league plus it's play offs done and dusted before the end of April?!
    I think Charlton finished their season around February time.
  • Sponsored links:

Did we enter that this year? 
    No, we entered the London SC instead. Not sure if we'd have been allowed to enter both, we're affiliated to both FAs but there may be rules about it.
  • edited April 2022

Away end of 1150 sold out for Maidstone at Welling this Monday 
  • shirty5 said:

With loads more in the home areas no doubt.

A crowd that big will probably finish the ground off. Was there last night for the 1st time since early in the season and was shocked how much the place has deteriorated.

It was never the San Siro but the place is literally falling apart. Sad to see.

• shirty5 said:

Think there was quite a bit of trouble after their game with Hemel the other day. 
  • shirty5 said:

Does Welling even have an 'end'? Doesn't everyone still go in the same turnstile and walk around the ground?

I'd guess there will be at least 1500 Maidstone there and about 500 Welling/fans of league teams who fancy watching a game.
  • shirty5 said:

Does Welling even have an 'end'? Doesn't everyone still go in the same turnstile and walk around the ground?

I'd guess there will be at least 1500 Maidstone there and about 500 Welling/fans of league teams who fancy watching a game.
    At Welling's level, grounds have to be capable of applying segregation, but for most matches it isn't used. There will be something like a gate that's normally locked open, and some additional turnstiles that aren't normally used.
  • Down one side at Welling there’s a pile of rubbish. Just junk squeezed into a space alongside the pitch. It’s next to a corner where two park benches are used to block access from the car park. Someone complained to them about the seats in the dugouts being unusable. They responded by saying “Charlton don’t complain”. Which I thought said more about the state of our club than the state of the seats. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    shirty5 said:

Think there was quite a bit of trouble after their game with Hemel the other day. 
    There was trouble in Dartford when Maidstone played Dartford a couple of weeks back - Maidstone fans being utter twats in The Malt Shovel and Ivy Leaf pubs 
  • shirty5 said:

PVR is going to be segregated for the game, away fans will have the Erith & Belvedere side of the ground and enter through the E&B turnstiles. 
  • edited April 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Down one side at Welling there’s a pile of rubbish. Just junk squeezed into a space alongside the pitch. It’s next to a corner where two park benches are used to block access from the car park. Someone complained to them about the seats in the dugouts being unusable. They responded by saying “Charlton don’t complain”. Which I thought said more about the state of our club than the state of the seats. 
    I think the owner Goldberg (not the wrestler) has lost interest and is doing the bare minimum to just get a team out on the pitch. The ground and surrounding infrastructure is being left to rot. 

Needs someone with a little bit of money and some enthusiasm to come in and take the club off him.