Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Just the 24/1 for Truro to win v Yeovil tonight 😂 I guess they took some of the advice on here about writing this one off.
  • Options
    In view of the fact that both Welling and Chippenham have beaten them at Huish Park recently, think that is worth a punt.
  • Options
    1-0 Yeovil already.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Well welling does. Think you are right about Dartford though.
    Not many don’t in this league.
    Quite a few have bars adjacent to the terracing.
    My favourite being St Albans
    I've never been able to drink while watching the game at Park View Road 
    Same. 
  • Options
    Be silly not to allow it really (unless it's a match with potential for any trouble), as clubs at that level need all the extra revenue they can get.

Absolutely, the clubhouse is where non-league gets a lot of their money.  Particularly if it is used on non-matchdays.
    I shouldn't think they got a lot of money out of you.
  • Options
    Taunton getting just 2 points from 9 games has slightly helped Dartford's cause as they only have 1 side to get above, which is realistically Eastbourne.

Yeovil winning the league last night has also helped their cause as well. Because now Dartford go there tomorrow and Yeovil will be in holiday mode, and with it being their second match in less than 48 hours you'd expect they will probably rest most of their first XI.
  • Options
    edited April 12
    Taunton getting just 2 points from 9 games has slightly helped Dartford's cause as they only have 1 side to get above, which is realistically Eastbourne.

Yeovil winning the league last night has also helped their cause as well. Because now Dartford go there tomorrow and Yeovil will be in holiday mode, and with it being their second match in less than 48 hours you'd expect they will probably rest most of their first XI.
    Sadly, I think Dartford are staying in that relegation spot. Losing at home to Eastbourne  earlier this month hasn't helped. 

Last 10 games, both Dartford and Taunton are bottom of form table with 5 points each. Eastbourne have gained 15 points in that time.  
  • Options
    Disastrous season for Bishops Stortford - thought they'd do better.
  • Options
    edited April 12

Sadly, I think Dartford are staying in that relegation spot. Losing at home to Eastbourne  earlier this month hasn't helped. 

Last 10 games, both Dartford and Taunton are bottom of form table with 5 points each. Eastbourne have gained 15 points in that time.  
    It's a tough ask as it's not in their hands right now but you never know. Victory against Yeovil reserves tomorrow could potentially at least take it to the last day where they play at home to Truro who will be dead on their feet by then.
  • Options
    Dartford 11/4 to win. Not very generous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think Eastbourne got a helping hand with three loans from Bournemouth recently.
  • Options
    Weymouth now been awarded their points also.
    Oh, the irony.
  • Options
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Weymouth now been awarded their points also.
    Oh, the irony.
    Not a bad thing for Welling though as it now means they’re safe just before they play us tomorrow 
  • Options
    Pretty ridiculous that players at the likes of Taunton, Kings Lynn, South Shields and Spennymoor would need an agent, I mean they're hardly Mbappe are they? 

York City's fees are crazy for a side who are not far off National league relegation.
  • Options
    edited April 12
    It is just the timing mate, so they don’t get stuck with egg on their face, so to speak
    in reference to the Weymouth points
  • Options
    Pretty ridiculous that players at the likes of Taunton, Kings Lynn, South Shields and Spennymoor would need an agent, I mean they're hardly Mbappe are they? 

York City's fees are crazy for a side who are not far off National league relegation.
    They all have agents mate, but agree with your sentiment
  • Options
    It does give you an idea of player turnover though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t see that being too much of a burden mate 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Dartford could have done with more than a 1 point deduction...
  • Options
    This is Torquays second one
  • Options
    You are allowed to drink watching the game in leagues below the National league as far as I am aware.
  • Options
    Havant is a funny one. You can drink whilst watching the game, but only in one third of the ground.
    This is due to the ground straddling two boroughs and permission was only granted by one borough
    Apparently.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Havant is a funny one. You can drink whilst watching the game, but only in one third of the ground.
    This is due to the ground straddling two boroughs and permission was only granted by one borough
    Apparently.
    That kinda answers my original question. At step 6 (NLS/NLN) and below you are allowed to drink while watching the game, but it does seem to be subject to the local licensing authority giving approval.
  • Options
    Although it is now all sorted, Welling erected a marquee and put a bar inside.
    This is adjacent to the club house.
    They needed approval to open this additional bar, so didn’t operate for some time.
    The irony being you could drink beer in this marquee (as per anywhere in the ground), just not serve it.
    Ridiculous.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Although it is now all sorted, Welling erected a marquee and put a bar inside.
    This is adjacent to the club house.
    They needed approval to open this additional bar, so didn’t operate for some time.
    The irony being you could drink beer in this marquee (as per anywhere in the ground), just not serve it.
    Ridiculous.
    Which I will make full use of this afternoon!
  • Options
    Someone said Dartford relegated?