Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    4 teams in the race for the final play off place in the National League. Gateshead managed by former Charlton keeper Rob Elliot lost to Aldershot who moved into the playoffs.

They won 1-0 after former Charlton keeper Nathan Harness was sent off for Gateshead. They had no sub keeper on the bench, and ended up with a centre back in goal. Was 0-0 when he got sent off.
  • Options
    Erith Town won 2-0 at Tunbridge Wells last night.

Need one win from next 3 games to make the play-offs. 
  • Options
    4 teams in the race for the final play off place in the National League. Gateshead managed by former Charlton keeper Rob Elliot lost to Aldershot who moved into the playoffs.

They won 1-0 after former Charlton keeper Nathan Harness was sent off for Gateshead. They had no sub keeper on the bench, and ended up with a centre back in goal. Was 0-0 when he got sent off.
    I knew he had joined MK Dons, but hadn't realised Harness was now on loan at Gateshead. Interesting that Rob Elliot loaned a former Charlton keeper, I wonder if he spoke to anyone at Charlton for a suggestion. 

A good time for Aldershot to play Gateshead, who are in the playoffs already, and can't make 2nd or 3rd to go straight into the semis.
  • Options
    Barnet and Bromley are guaranteed to be in the NL playoff semifinals, I can see myself going to the NL final at Wembley this year.
    Altrincham are the dark horses. They are in good form. 
    Went to the game with Ebbsfleet on Saturday. They were efficient and defended stoutly and their keeper is huge.

Fleets problem was they thought they could just carry on from last year, it did work for a while but there are some experienced clubs in there who just have that bit more about them.

If they manage to stay up they have a great manager and hope they will learn from this year.
    Is Solly still playing and or assisting with coaching?
  • Options

I knew he had joined MK Dons, but hadn't realised Harness was now on loan at Gateshead. Interesting that Rob Elliot loaned a former Charlton keeper, I wonder if he spoke to anyone at Charlton for a suggestion. 

A good time for Aldershot to play Gateshead, who are in the playoffs already, and can't make 2nd or 3rd to go straight into the semis.
    Mike Williamson the former Gateshead Manager is now Manager at MK Dons. Could also have recommended him or offered to lend him out if he didn't see him as number 1 at MK Dons.
  • Options
    Gateshead have spent a lot of money this season.
  • Options
    edited April 18
    R0TW said:
    Gateshead have spent a lot of money this season.

If they don't go up, they have failed to heed the warnings
  • Options
    Taunton lose 1-0 at home and are relegated from the NL South.
  • Options
    Down to 3 for the last National League play off place. Despite going in front twice Oldham draw with Halifax who move back into the playoffs on goal difference 

Oldham's hopes are over. 3 points for Halifax they're in. Otherwise Aldershot could get in. If they both lose Southend with a win would be in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taunton lose 1-0 at home and are relegated from the NL South.
    That ridiculous run of games proved too much for them. They'll definitely wonder what might have been, if they'd been able to play more of the games on the scheduled day.
  • Options
    Down to 3 for the last National League play off place. Despite going in front twice Oldham draw with Halifax who move back into the playoffs on goal difference 

Oldham's hopes are over. 3 points for Halifax they're in. Otherwise Aldershot could get in. If they both lose Southend with a win would be in.
    Incredible that Southend are still in with a play off shout given their points deduction and the fact they played most of the season with a tiny squad. In the first half of the season there were some games where they could only name 1-2 subs.
  • Options

Incredible that Southend are still in with a play off shout given their points deduction and the fact they played most of the season with a tiny squad. In the first half of the season there were some games where they could only name 1-2 subs.
    Imagine how well they'd have done if we hadn't recalled Kanu!
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet stay up after a nil nil draw against Borehamwood.

Barnet finish second, Bromley third, while Halifax get the final playoff position.
  • Options
    Went to Hendon v Gosport yesterday. Gosport brought a healthy away following who had a very tidy drink before and after the game! Meanwhile, the bottom of the Southern Premier is very tight; a lot of things will go to the last day. 

Meanwhile, it's Hendon v Dartford on Tuesday in the London Senior Cup semi-final. All are welcome....7.30pm start....£5 admission. 
  • Options
    Nice ground Gosport, just a bugger to get to by public transport.
  • Options
    Ramsgate and CVPM both won yesterday, which means Cray need 4 points from their 2 remaining games (both away) to go up as champions.
  • Options
    https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-gateshead-football-club-81474

Gateshead miss out on the playoffs due to stadium issues. Appears the council were unwilling to give them a 10 year lease as required by the EFL 
  • Options
    edited April 21
    What a farce. Unless this is resolved going forward, it means that Gateshead can never be promoted, which will kill the club as a NL force.

And ridiculous that no other club can take their place, giving Solihull a bye. Unfair on Barnet too, as instead of playing opponents with more tired legs after a tough midweek game, both teams will be equally fresh. And daft that the team in 5th (Solihull) now end with a bye to the semifinals, whereas the team in 4th don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, Aldershot should have been thrown in.
    Saying that, all three involved, Gateshead, National League and Council should have had this validated some time ago.
    Getting some huge crowds at these games now, and an amateurish approach just isn’t good enough.
    On the flip side, they took Wellings on loan forward (Sonny Fish) away from Welling on deadline day.
    Welling never won a game after his departure, and never played a game for Gateshead.
    So fuck em.
  • Options
    Ramsgate and CVPM both won yesterday, which means Cray need 4 points from their 2 remaining games (both away) to go up as champions.
    Went over CVPM yesterday. Good win, but hell of a void in football in my opinion, regarding higher level.
    See Adam Coombes started for them.
    Had a photo of my son with him at Welling.
    He has crouched down to fit in that photo.
    Now my son is as tall as him.
    Perhaps I should move this to the you know when you are feeling old thread 😊
  • Options

• Options
    What a farce. Unless this is resolved going forward, it means that Gateshead can never be promoted, which will kill the club as a NL force.

And ridiculous that no other club can take their place, giving Solihull a bye. Unfair on Barnet too, as instead of playing opponents with more tired legs after a tough midweek game, both teams will be equally fresh. And daft that the team in 5th (Solihull) now end with a bye to the semifinals, whereas the team in 4th don't.
    They have now revised arrangements and given Altrincham the bye
  • Options
    But why not Aldershot the place?
    As mentioned, those finishing lower than Bromley/Barnet should have to play an extra game
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Kettering, my local club, finished their season yesterday beating Coalville (sounds familiar) and are safe.

May not be of interest to most, but they were due to play Nuneaton Borough in their final game, but they went out of business mid season having their results scrubbed.
  • Options
    I skipped The Valley and went down to Folkestone Invicta v Dulwich Hamlet. Dulwich went 3-0 up within half an hour, but let the lead slip and it ended 3-3, which summed up their underwhelming first season back in the Isthmian League.

Good trip down to the seaside, though, and over 800 in there including a couple of hundred from Hamlet. 
  • Options
    I skipped The Valley and went down to Folkestone Invicta v Dulwich Hamlet. Dulwich went 3-0 up within half an hour, but let the lead slip and it ended 3-3, which summed up their underwhelming first season back in the Isthmian League.

Good trip down to the seaside, though, and over 800 in there including a couple of hundred from Hamlet. 
    Looking the table, I see Dulwich are 10th, which is pretty poor considering their income from craft beers alone!

It's 2 up and 4 down from the Isthmian Premier isn't it?
  • Options

Looking the table, I see Dulwich are 10th, which is pretty poor considering their income from craft beers alone!

It's 2 up and 4 down from the Isthmian Premier isn't it?
    Ha! Indeed, although the hipster beer sales make up for the lack of a benefactor pumping huge amounts into the club.

It is 2 up - one automatic, one through play-offs - and 4 down. Hoping Margate can stay up just to keep the seaside away day, but it doesn't look good for them. 

There was a chance of Dulwich making the play-offs about a month ago, but then they blew it by losing three in a row, including a 4-0 home defeat to Enfield Town.