Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited April 22
    I skipped The Valley and went down to Folkestone Invicta v Dulwich Hamlet. Dulwich went 3-0 up within half an hour, but let the lead slip and it ended 3-3, which summed up their underwhelming first season back in the Isthmian League.

Good trip down to the seaside, though, and over 800 in there including a couple of hundred from Hamlet. 
    Looking the table, I see Dulwich are 10th, which is pretty poor considering their income from craft beers alone!

It's 2 up and 4 down from the Isthmian Premier isn't it?
    Ha! Indeed, although the hipster beer sales make up for the lack of a benefactor pumping huge amounts into the club.

It is 2 up - one automatic, one through play-offs - and 4 down. Hoping Margate can stay up just to keep the seaside away day, but it doesn't look good for them. 

There was a chance of Dulwich making the play-offs about a month ago, but then they blew it by losing three in a row, including a 4-0 home defeat to Enfield Town. 
    First stage of blowing it was at home to Billericay, going from 1-0 up with three minutes to play and in the last play off place with 3 minutes to play, to 2-1 down and Billericay leapfrogging them. Hamlet never recovered after that. Major changes in personnel expected.
  • Options
    My local team Dover continue their parachute ride into another league. :(
  • Options
    Really pleased eastbourne avoided the drop. Went off as joint 3rd favs for the title and spent most of the season in bottom 4 with Welling. Think it was 1 defeat in 13 to end the season. Sounds like they will be splashing the cash again to try and be at the business end of the table. The manager, Adam Murray, has a very big reputation at level 6 so should be much better next season.
  • Options
    Chelmsford secured second place with 84 points, their best ever in the national league south (wondering if that includes when it was the Beezer homes league?) playoff game at home on Saturday between the winner of Braintree and bath. If it's Braintree it'll be a bit spicy, hope they make half an attempt at segregation 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-gateshead-football-club-81474

Gateshead miss out on the playoffs due to stadium issues. Appears the council were unwilling to give them a 10 year lease as required by the EFL 
    https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/27784/Response-to-the-National-League-s-statement-regarding-Gateshead-FC
  • Options
    Gateshead have easily one of the worst grounds I've watched us play at
  • Options
    9th tier club win 12-0 against league's worst side after needing 12 goal swing to make playoffs - Fan Banter

9th tier club Highgate United win 12-0 against the league’s worst side after needing a 12 goal swing to make the playoffs.

Incredibly, in what was the final game of the season, Highgate United needed a 12 goal swing against Bewdley Town to make the Midland League Premier Division playoffs, and somehow managed it.

Congleton Town won the division with 81 points from 34 games played, Lichfield were 2nd with 73 points, 3rd place Darlaston with 66, and Stourport in 4th with 62 points.

Battling for that final playoff place was Studley and Highgate, and Highgate managed to overtake Studley, snatching their spot after the 12-0 win on Thursday.

Bewdley meanwhile are bottom of the league, 18th, with 4 points from 33 games played, 1 win, 1 draw, 31 defeats, 16 goals scored, 153 goals conceded, and a -137 goal difference.

• Options
    May i although belated to say well done to Ebbsfleet Utd. A few weeks ago they were written off. Incredible to think that Dartford beat them 16 months ago twice and there are now 2 divisions between them.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Barnet and Bromley are guaranteed to be in the NL playoff semifinals, I can see myself going to the NL final at Wembley this year.
    Altrincham are the dark horses. They are in good form. 
    Went to the game with Ebbsfleet on Saturday. They were efficient and defended stoutly and their keeper is huge.

Fleets problem was they thought they could just carry on from last year, it did work for a while but there are some experienced clubs in there who just have that bit more about them.

If they manage to stay up they have a great manager and hope they will learn from this year.
    Is Solly still playing and or assisting with coaching?

Havent seen him about in recent months so dont know if he is still there
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Barnet and Bromley are guaranteed to be in the NL playoff semifinals, I can see myself going to the NL final at Wembley this year.
    Went to the game with Ebbsfleet on Saturday. They were efficient and defended stoutly and their keeper is huge.

Fleets problem was they thought they could just carry on from last year, it did work for a while but there are some experienced clubs in there who just have that bit more about them.

If they manage to stay up they have a great manager and hope they will learn from this year.

I was told that he is now a coach as his knees can’t cope anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I was told that he is now a coach as his knees can’t cope anymore
    Did well to last as long as he did in the game
  • Options
    My local team Spalding are top of the league with 1 game to go. At home on Saturday and a win sees them get promoted to step 3. They lost in the playoffs last year.
    They’ve actually been 2nd most of the year but the team at the top has 6 points deducted so hopefully a win this weekend helps them avoid another playoff lottery.

oh and to celebrate/give a final push it’s free entry for the last game.
  • Options
    Chris Solly is still at Ebbsfleet although not sure his official status. He played in the Kent Senior Cup final defeat to Maidstone last week.
  • Options
    Chris Solly is still at Ebbsfleet although not sure his official status. He played in the Kent Senior Cup final defeat to Maidstone last week.
    I believe that means he is a player…
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Kettering, my local club, finished their season yesterday beating Coalville (sounds familiar) and are safe.

May not be of interest to most, but they were due to play Nuneaton Borough in their final game, but they went out of business mid season having their results scrubbed.
    Always had a soft spot for kettering. One of my first away games with Dartford was a trip to Rockingham road back in 1981, when an injury time equaliser gave Dartfor a 4-4 draw. although they eventually went down on the last day of the season. I remember being amazed by the huge stand that Kettering had. They seem to have spent most of their time since then ground hopping and in financial difficulty (they were when I first went there). Are they playing in Kettering these days?
  • Options
    edited April 23
    swordfish said:
    Kettering, my local club, finished their season yesterday beating Coalville (sounds familiar) and are safe.

May not be of interest to most, but they were due to play Nuneaton Borough in their final game, but they went out of business mid season having their results scrubbed.
    Always had a soft spot for kettering. One of my first away games with Dartford was a trip to Rockingham road back in 1981, when an injury time equaliser gave Dartfor a 4-4 draw. although they eventually went down on the last day of the season. I remember being amazed by the huge stand that Kettering had. They seem to have spent most of their time since then ground hopping and in financial difficulty (they were when I first went there). Are they playing in Kettering these days?

@ken_shabbyThey play in Burton Latimer (Latimer Park) on the outskirts of Kettering, where the smell from the Weetabix factory wafts over the ground. The Rockingham Road ground is housing now, still throwing more up now as it happens, which saddens me. 

I feel guilty for not having been to see them play in all the time since they left there, but I do see their leading all time goals scorer at a pub quizzing every other week (Roy Clayton), who's in a team called Up the baggies! Not seen him for a few weeks now though and did hear he's not been so well of late.

I'm seriously thinking of starting going next season. They need all the support they can get.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Solihull beat Halifax and will face Barnet on Saturday

:D 
  • Options
    Solihull beat Halifax and will face Bromley on Sunday 
    I don't think so 
  • Options
    Scunthorpe have lost on penalties (to Boston) in the NLN Play-Off Semi-Finals

Shame for them, given their off the field issues at the start of the season
  • Options
    Got to love the Play-Offs

Barnet finished 2nd in the League, with 91-pts, they're 2-0 down after 30mins in the Semi-Final to Solihull Moors, who finished with 71-pts

Also I imagine if Barnet lose, we'll have a new side in League Two next season with Bromley / Altrincham / Solihull Moors the only sides left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cray Valley PM promoted to Ishmian Prem (7th tier) for first time in history 
    Fair play to them. Dropped only 2 points away from home all season and that was only due to a last minute goal v runners up Ramsgate.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe remain in Conference League North after losing on pens in play offs.
    Gutted for them
  • Options
    Got to love the Play-Offs

Barnet finished 2nd in the League, with 91-pts, they're 2-0 down after 30mins in the Semi-Final to Solihull Moors, who finished with 71-pts

Also I imagine if Barnet lose, we'll have a new side in League Two next season with Bromley / Altrincham / Solihull Moors the only sides left.
    Would have gone to that if I wasn't going to Wycombe instead.

Disappointed for Barnet if they lose , but the other 3 teams would all make a more interesting story reaching the EFL for the first time.
  • Options
    3-0 to Solihull. Looks like season over for Barnet.
  • Options
    So does that mean they are playing Dartford next season ?
  • Options
    Biggleswade Town also move up to tier 7 as champions of Southern League Div 1 central. ( Yes I know there are only two of us interested in that  :D )
  • Options
    Yes. I believe they only lost two league games all season.
    They will be in the same seventh tier division as Cray Wanderers, Dartford. And Dulwich Hamlet too.
    Depending on clashes with us the ground is within walking distance for me, and given how depressing it is supporting Charlton these days, a stroll down to one of their affordable games is a nice prospect.
    Their home crowds have risen to around 250-300 this season🤔
  • Options
    Biggleswade Town also move up to tier 7 as champions of Southern League Div 1 central. ( Yes I know there are only two of us interested in that  :D )
    Floodlights?
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Yes, should do.

I ticked off another new ground yesterday, Didcot Town FC v Hendon.

Didcot are relegated from Southern Premier along with three of Hendon's more local clubs; Harrow Borough, Hayes and Beaconsfield. The already crippling annual travel bill looks like being increased further, if those clubs are replaced by too many South-West clubs. As ever, we're praying for a reshuffle and a return to The Isthmian League.