Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

1271272273274275277»

Comments

• Kap10 said:
    went to Peckham Town v Guru Nanak in the Kent County Football League - Peckham started a shambles but finally pulled their finger out after blowing a heap of chances and won 2-0. 
    Do they still have a woman manager?
    Yup, still Mary Phillips. Combined the role with yelling at someone to fetch the ball because wayward shots kept ending up on the South Circular. 
  • Welling lost 0-1 at home to Chatham. 661 in attendance. I thought of going but was put off by the £16 admission.
    Olly Groom's report -> https://wellingunited.com/2024/09/fa-cup-report-welling-united-0-chatham-town-1/
  • Ebbsfleet finally won with a patched up side and two clean sheets in a week. Onwards and upwards please.
  • Erith Town beat AFC Croydon Athletic 3-0 on Saturday. Now in 4th position in the Isthmian South East. Early days but playing some decent stuff.

Croydon have just sacked Jermaine McGlashan their manager today....

Our18s are playing Dartford tomorrow in the FA Youth Cup at Princes Park ko7pm.
  • Welling lost 0-1 at home to Chatham. 661 in attendance. I thought of going but was put off by the £16 admission.
    Olly Groom's report -> https://wellingunited.com/2024/09/fa-cup-report-welling-united-0-chatham-town-1/
    I was at the game - very poor quality. Freddie Sears for Chatham had quite a few half chances and missed them all! It was only three years ago he was banging them in for Ipswich. How the mighty are fallen. He is at the twilight of his career now though. Chatham looked a decent team.
  • Eight National League clubs have decided to boycott the new National League Cup, which is a similar competition to the EFL Trophy, with Under 21 sides of Prem and Champ clubs taking part. It seems a strange decision to protect players by abandoning FA Cup replays and then adding a new (useless) competition, which means clubs have to play four to seven extra games. I rather hope the National League clubs field their kids and two Under 21 teams contest the final at Wembley in front of 358 spectators. Some National League clubs were up in arms about abandoning FA Cup replays as it is a potential money-spinner. Presumably, the big five or six clubs decided this was good for football.