Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Best I have seen them for some time, when it comes to PSF effort.
    Beat Sittingbourne 1-3, Wellings first run out.
    The same Sittingbourne that beat Maidstone 4-1
    I get it is a PSF, but it was apparent that everyone who wore a Welling shirt was out to impress.
    Couple of the trialists looked very good as well.
    Two different 11s for Welling each half.
    Very optimistic for this coming season.
  • R0TW said:
    Best I have seen them for some time, when it comes to PSF effort.
    Beat Sittingbourne 1-3, Wellings first run out.
    The same Sittingbourne that beat Maidstone 4-1
    I get it is a PSF, but it was apparent that everyone who wore a Welling shirt was out to impress.
    Couple of the trialists looked very good as well.
    Two different 11s for Welling each half.
    Very optimistic for this coming season.
    Let’s hope they can keep last seasons momentum going 
  • There will be some tough decisions for Maidenhead. They may well be able to buy their way into the EFL, but can they sustain it? At present, their crowds are 1400ish, I think. I don't know what potential there is for increasing that and how difficult it would be to expand ground capacity beyond 4,000. If they fail to get promoted at the first or second attempts, will the money run out? 
    I was talking to someone from the board a little while ago. They’re having major issues trying to fix their ground because of the local council. It’s easily one of the worst in the top two steps and in major need of rebuilding.

They’re a club that’s utterly content with staying where it is. Crowds are small, ground is horrendous, manager plays the most cynical football in the league and is allowed to because the guys running the club are only interested in surviving. Of all the clubs to receive that money, they’re probably the most interesting to give it to if only to see if it changes any perspectives. 

My guess is they spend a little bit to sort the most drastic issues (changing rooms, that scaffolding over the dug outs) but put most of it away. 
  • I am of the opposite opinion. Like the ground as it has historic value.
    It is also in the town rather than the arse end of nowhere.
    What I would say though, I have never seen so much asbestos in one place.
    I reckon to rid the ground of that and replace it, wouldn’t leave much change out of one of those millions.
  • R0TW said:
    I am of the opposite opinion. Like the ground as it has historic value.
    It is also in the town rather than the arse end of nowhere.
    What I would say though, I have never seen so much asbestos in one place.
    I reckon to rid the ground of that and replace it, wouldn’t leave much change out of one of those millions.
    It can have historical value and still be shit. It is cool that it is so old and they have played there for so long, but even the people running the club know it can't go on like that. 

The stand behind the goal on the right as you go in is proper non-league and I like it. The entirety of the side where the dugouts are makes little sense and the covered area down the bottom end doesn't really line up with the pitch. There's a huge rig of scaffolding that is oddly permanent. You have to see the dressing rooms with your own eyes to see how ridiculous they are - you'd find better at 90% of clubs in the six steps below the NL.  
  • Woking's owner has said the National League club will go into administration if a buyer cannot be found in the next few weeks - and he is willing to sell for £1.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c51y91pnyxno

• Erith & Belvedere home to Welling today. 1pm KO
    Free entry.
    Something to do if you fancy watching a game with a pint.
  • My nephew just signed year contract at Chatham. Freddie Sears signed for them, apparently on 1k a week 😩. He better get them up.
  • Good Welling win 1-3 away 
  • My nephew just signed year contract at Chatham. Freddie Sears signed for them, apparently on 1k a week 😩. He better get them up.
    Chris Solly's brother was at Chatham. Is he still?
  • Sponsored links:

• I popped along to Tonbridge V Ebbsfleet yesterday. Lewis Page was playing for Ebbsfleet. Looked fit and still decent. Toby Edser looked very good for Ebbsfleet - scored a good goal and bossed the midfield. It ended 3-0 to Ebbsfleet for those that are interested.
    I do and thanks. Lets hope (well some of us do) they do a lot better than last year.
  • Not sure if this has been covered recently. Sometime ago there was a horrific accident as in Bath v Hamlet match and a player smashed his head against an advertising hoarding. Whilst we heard reports that he was recovering and had got back on to the field of play, it looks sadly like he has had to retire at 25

https://www.latestly.com/socially/sports/football/25-year-old-footballer-alex-fletcher-forced-to-retire-after-terrifying-collision-with-advertising-hoarding-left-him-in-a-coma-6133420.html
  • First game of the season for me. Cray Wands v Stripey Nigel academy 

• First game of the season for me. Cray Wands v Stripey Nigel academy 

Good to see you are taking the pre-season beer training seriously.
  • The National League are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership with DAZN, Europe’s largest sports broadcaster.

The seven-year agreement will begin in August, showcasing the competition across more than 200 countries globally and bringing with it a whole new audience.

The arrangement with the British company will include both broadcast and streaming rights across the DAZN network around the world for the benefit of all 72 member clubs.

The agreement with DAZN will run until 2031 and will enable National League matches to be accessed across all platforms including desktop, smart TVs, IOS, Android, SKY Q, Virgin Media, Apple.tv, Amazon Firestick and even games consoles.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/groundbreaking-deal-announced-with-broadcast-giant-82491

• Going with a minority streaming service will surely reduce exposure for the NL.
  • Anything to offer chips?
    😀
  • Cray Wands 2-3 Erith Town. Good game, nice facility there. £10 for a friendly was a bit steep.
  • clive said:

The National League are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership with DAZN, Europe’s largest sports broadcaster.

The seven-year agreement will begin in August, showcasing the competition across more than 200 countries globally and bringing with it a whole new audience.

The arrangement with the British company will include both broadcast and streaming rights across the DAZN network around the world for the benefit of all 72 member clubs.

The agreement with DAZN will run until 2031 and will enable National League matches to be accessed across all platforms including desktop, smart TVs, IOS, Android, SKY Q, Virgin Media, Apple.tv, Amazon Firestick and even games consoles.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/groundbreaking-deal-announced-with-broadcast-giant-82491

Viewing figures are going to be less than some non league attendances. Can't see this benefitting DAZN or NL Clubs. 

7 years .. wow!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm at Sevenoaks V Whitstable FA cup and Kiye Martin the guy who scored two against the Charlton youngsters two weeks ago and was signed at the end of the match scored after 4 minutes to put the Oaks 1 up.
    Another cracker.
  • 2-1 HT Sevenoaks and good to see competitive football even it it at a lower level with Sevenoaks Isthmian South and Whitstable one division below that.
    The money means so much at this level in the FA cup if you can win a few games.
  • Confirmation of DAZN enhanced production picks available on NLTV:

Saturday August 10
    Southend United vs York City - KO 3pm

Monday August 26
    Woking vs Hartlepool United - KO 3pm

Saturday August 31
    Sutton United vs Forest Green - KO 5.30PM

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/cameras-roll-new-dazn-deal-kicks-off-with-three-bi-82523

• And for Dorking Wanderers.

2-1 win v Truro.
  • Would have been a  decent start for Hamlet if the hadn't lost.

Wingate and Finchley 3 2 Hamlet
  • And for Dorking Wanderers.

2-1 win v Truro.
    Dorking had to wear their shirts inside out.
  • seth plum said:
    And for Dorking Wanderers.

2-1 win v Truro.
    Dorking had to wear their shirts inside out.
    Why?
  • seth plum said:
    Dear god that’s a massive clash!