Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Dear god that’s a massive clash! 
    Rule No 1...........
  • seth plum said:
    Dorking Wanderers play in red. The DW secretary thought Truro played in red and black stripes, so he thought the blue and black away kit wouldn't work. He chose orange and told the kitman. Nobody noticed until the teams lined up to walk out. The BBC story says the ref was unhappy but that's not true - she wanted the game to go on and said it wasn't a problem. From what I can tell it was the DW gaffer who stopped the game twice and eventually they went back to the dressing room to put on their navy blue training tops. But one of the players came up with the idea of turning the shirt inside out as it looked white. It worked because the shirts just looked like white away shirts without a sponsor, and they had numbers on their shorts, but I assume the league will be in touch to complain or fine them. 

For whatever reason the kitman was not there on Saturday, and he has a meeting with the gaffer today... 
  • Cracking game at The Dockers on Sat. 3-3 vs Ashford Utd. Nice to meet Dave in our boardroom. Was sooooo hot, fair play to the players.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    seth plum said:
    Dorking Wanderers play in red. The DW secretary thought Truro played in red and black stripes, so he thought the blue and black away kit wouldn't work. He chose orange and told the kitman. Nobody noticed until the teams lined up to walk out. The BBC story says the ref was unhappy but that's not true - she wanted the game to go on and said it wasn't a problem. From what I can tell it was the DW gaffer who stopped the game twice and eventually they went back to the dressing room to put on their navy blue training tops. But one of the players came up with the idea of turning the shirt inside out as it looked white. It worked because the shirts just looked like white away shirts without a sponsor, and they had numbers on their shorts, but I assume the league will be in touch to complain or fine them. 

For whatever reason the kitman was not there on Saturday, and he has a meeting with the gaffer today... 
    If only the internet had been invented, so that you could see the opposition's shirt colours in advance  :D
  • @JiMMy 85 Was that Mitch? Saw the footage and it did look ridiculous. Knowing Mark he'll flip it and apologise to the sponsors and get their name in the media.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    seth plum said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall ! 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    seth plum said:

If only the internet had been invented, so that you could see the opposition's shirt colours in advance  :D
    I just spoke to Alan the DW secretary and the plot thickens! He says Truro play in white at home, but their kit had not turned up from the manufacturer, and they didn't have the league's permission to wear their away kit at home. But either way, he was told it was their away kit. Normally he would then look at the handbook that the National League send out, but that had not arrived either! So he looked it up online and it WAS red and black stripes last season - as seen here. So to his credit, Alan did try. But loads of little things went wrong. 

@falconwood_1 Yeah it was Mitch. He's having a tough few days! 

This was the point when I realised, this isn't going to work lol 

• There's a strong feeling down this part of the world to have the season finish now.  8 - fucking nil.

• clive said:

The National League are delighted to announce a new long-term partnership with DAZN, Europe’s largest sports broadcaster.

The seven-year agreement will begin in August, showcasing the competition across more than 200 countries globally and bringing with it a whole new audience.

The arrangement with the British company will include both broadcast and streaming rights across the DAZN network around the world for the benefit of all 72 member clubs.

The agreement with DAZN will run until 2031 and will enable National League matches to be accessed across all platforms including desktop, smart TVs, IOS, Android, SKY Q, Virgin Media, Apple.tv, Amazon Firestick and even games consoles.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/groundbreaking-deal-announced-with-broadcast-giant-82491

Gutted about this.

I enjoyed the coverage last year on what used to be BT Sports , think they may have made an error here because casual viewers won't pay the subscription especially now the new Sky package has more options.
  • Sponsored links:

• 840 at Flamingo Park for the Cray Derby and the opening game for Cray Wanderers there. The Paper Mills variety ran out 2-0 victors.

Wanted to go but mentally couldn’t square up going to another game while Charlton was at home. Wished I had now!
  • CV Paper Mills home on Saturday KO 3:00pm. Just about time to get there after the Charlton game?
  • Great crowd about 600 more than they would have got at Bromley
  • Hamlet kicked off their season with an unconvincing 2-1 defeat of Hendon.  Edging the first half they led until a breakaway equaliser just before half time.  It looked like it would end all square from a dreary second half when Hendon conceded a hand ball in the area duly converted.  Not a convincing win, but 3 points nonetheless. 
  • CVPM won again, up to 2nd in the table and currently above sides like Dartford and Dover. 
  • Macronate said:
    Great win for Welling over previously undefeated and top of the table Farnborough, 4-1.
    Great comeback from one down 
  • stonemuse said:
    Macronate said:
    Great win for Welling over previously undefeated and top of the table Farnborough, 4-1.
    Great comeback from one down 
    It was about 3-1 after 25mins though... Seemed a cracking start from keeping an eye on twitter
  • What's going on at Ebbsfleet awful start to the season.
  • Tooting Bec v Newhaven in the Vase,game called off today due to Tooting Bec not having a kit at the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Badger said:
    Tooting Bec v Newhaven in the Vase,game called off today due to Tooting Bec not having a kit at the ground.
    Should have been made to play skins 
  • Badger said:
    Tooting Bec v Newhaven in the Vase,game called off today due to Tooting Bec not having a kit at the ground.
    Another Kit man going to get the sack? Or the goalie’s Mum not washed them?
  • Decent point for the Wings in a 0 0 draw away to Hornchurch 
  • Decent point for the Wings in a 0 0 draw away to Hornchurch 
    Yet I almost feel disappointed .. thought they might get a win 
  • stonemuse said:
    Decent point for the Wings in a 0 0 draw away to Hornchurch 
    Yet I almost feel disappointed .. thought they might get a win 
    Apparently they had a good chance late on 
  • Erith Town 2-0 Phoenix Sports. Thoroughly deserved victory for the Dockers today. Att 270.
  • Saw Chelmsford city today, good performance from former addicks youngster Sam Oguntayo
  • Bloody hell Ebbsfleet got a point. Going to be rough for them this season if they don't sort it out quickly.
  • No indication as to why, but the application to build flats at Park View Road has been withdrawn: https://greenwichwire.co.uk/2024/08/27/welling-united-flats-lita-homes-park-view-road/