Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    How did he look up about 5 times and still manage to hit it so poorly?
  • Options
    I still think Bromley are a horrible scummy little club and I hope they get hammered every week. 
    Why?
    I’ve seen them play a handful of times over the years and their fans are worse than afc wimbledons. Whenever I’ve seen them play, there has always been an on field instance where their players should have conducted themselves better. 

Coke up the nose per fan ration and they are champions league. Their fans have more stone island and reebok classic than Millwall.
    What a complete and utter load of nonsense.
  • Options
    For those who've gone to watch Bromley if Charlton were away, or as a way of supporting your local non-league side, will you still go and watch them now they're not far off being in the same division as us and effectively a local rival?
  • Options
    I still think Bromley are a horrible scummy little club and I hope they get hammered every week. 
    Why?
    I’ve seen them play a handful of times over the years and their fans are worse than afc wimbledons. Whenever I’ve seen them play, there has always been an on field instance where their players should have conducted themselves better. 

Coke up the nose per fan ration and they are champions league. Their fans have more stone island and reebok classic than Millwall.
    Why? It’s not nonsense at all. It’s my view based on my experiences of seeing Bromley play.

I’ve commented on my experience, if you have had a different experience then fine but so say my experience is nonsense, is nonsense. 
  • Options
    Why?

Why? It’s not nonsense at all. It’s my view based on my experiences of seeing Bromley play.

I’ve commented on my experience, if you have had a different experience then fine but so say my experience is nonsense, is nonsense. 
    My mates and I went to watch Bromley vs York on Non League Day - Bromley were dreadful BTW, they lost - based on that one game I’m surprised they went up 

But anyway, I agree - we stood on home end terrace, and Bromley do have some wanna be knob heads, youngsters, in their support - must have watched Green Street too many times, decked out in their Weekend Offender and Stone Island crap
  • Options
    Several years ago i went to see Ebbsfleet v Bromley in a night match in February The idiots following them that day decided to go in the home end which of course got rather tasty. Then after the game they decided to vandalise all the cars up the hill to Northfleet station. These people are just working class yet they decided to vandalise their cars.

Ridiculous behaviour too considering they had won.
  • Options
    They kicked off (or at least tried to) when they played at Welling a few years ago. Mainly idiot kids.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Good to see, some proper Welling people involved. Sally’s husband was the guy who sponsored the game, match ball, MOM and was also the mascot on his 50th birthday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect this has been mentioned previously but an update on Ebbsfleet Utd albeit a few days old. Everybody elses favourite other club (not)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp3g7m8l2m3o
  • Options
    Several years ago i went to see Ebbsfleet v Bromley in a night match in February The idiots following them that day decided to go in the home end which of course got rather tasty. Then after the game they decided to vandalise all the cars up the hill to Northfleet station. These people are just working class yet they decided to vandalise their cars.

Ridiculous behaviour too considering they had won.
    And it’s not even a local derby, Bromley are in London (and yes pile on that Bromley is in Kent, it ain’t - we’ve done that to death over the years 🙄)

Gravesend and Northfleet local derby is vs Dartford, and you would not get that sort of behaviour by Darts fans post match at Stonebridge Road - I’ve been to plenty of these matches - all good fun, people get a bit mouthy, but nothing to write home about 
  • Options
    Good article in the iPaper today about Lewes. Bradley Pritchard gets a mention.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Need to get London Road sorted (Galley Hill).....any idea how they are going to do that and when?
    They still haven't got past the surveying stage after more than a year, right pain in the arse for us locals.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Macronate said:
    Need to get London Road sorted (Galley Hill).....any idea how they are going to do that and when?
    They still haven't got past the surveying stage after more than a year, right pain in the arse for us locals.
    Absolutely got a lot of mates from the area and they are not to impressed by it all.
  • Options

Neil Warnock is likely to take on a role at National League South side Torquay United following the club's takeover.

The Bryn Consortium - made up of local businessmen - have bought the club, subject to creditor approval.

Warnock, 75, managed Torquay in 1993 and has been advising the consortium as they bid to buy the club, which had been in administration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0kldvypz29o

• Options
    After losing on penalties to Bromley in the play off final at Wembley last week, Solihull Moors were back there again today for the FA Trophy final against Gateshead. Unfortunately for them it was a week to forget as they once again lost on penalties.

Even more remarkable though is that two of the players who missed in last weeks shoot out, both missed again today!
  • Options
    Why?

One of the stands behind the goal can get pretty lively so I can see why someone would get this impression of them. But that section is mostly youngsters. The rest of the ground is much like I’d expect at The Valley. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Non League Finals Day - Wembley

FA Vase Final:  Great Wakering Rovers 0 Romford 3 - My village team in their most prestigious match ever. Unfortunately it was a dull game and, though the scoreline flattered Romford, the result didn't. Romford were big and well organised and good in the air, though somehow all three goals were scored on the ground. The Wakering players were individually better on the ball, but looked like a team who had never clapped eyes on each other before. Lots of woeful shooting from both sides; with players taking pot shots from ridiculous positions, presumably being gripped by dreams of scoring at Wembley. This was essentially just two teams from the Essex Senior League and though they were playing at Wembley it was, as a wise man remarked to me, the same old piss in a different shaped bottle. Good to see some good spirit within that league though as Wakering formed a guard of honour at the start of Romford's ascent of the Wembley steps.

FA Trophy Final: Gateshead 2 Solihull Moors 2, 5-4 on penalties - An altogether different game; fast, skillful and very entertaining. The game ebbed and flowed with both teams having spells in the ascendency, but over the 120 minutes they were as evenly matched as the score suggests. The result was incredibly hard in Solihull who had lost on penalties as Wembley just a week before. But as well as being pleased for our own Rob Elliot who now manages Gateshead, I felt Dajaune Brown was probably the best player on the pitch and deserved a win. After being unlucky a couple of times, the ball getting stuck under his feet, he saved Gateshead with a late equaliser before winning it with the final penalty. 

I was really impressed with the facilities at Wembley, and the staff who were all pleasant and courteous, and thought £30 to see both matches was good value. I'd definitely go to this again, even if I didn't have an interest in any of the teams. I was even pleasantly surprised by Box Park - especially with the value from the Greek Kebab shop in there. I was rather less impressed with the crap service on the Jubilee Line, though.

Poor quality photos due to Wembley's restrictive camera policy.
    What rules do they have regards the offensive weapon that is a camera?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

FA Vase Final:  Great Wakering Rovers 0 Romford 3 - My village team in their most prestigious match ever. Unfortunately it was a dull game and, though the scoreline flattered Romford, the result didn't. Romford were big and well organised and good in the air, though somehow all three goals were scored on the ground. The Wakering players were individually better on the ball, but looked like a team who had never clapped eyes on each other before. Lots of woeful shooting from both sides; with players taking pot shots from ridiculous positions, presumably being gripped by dreams of scoring at Wembley. This was essentially just two teams from the Essex Senior League and though they were playing at Wembley it was, as a wise man remarked to me, the same old piss in a different shaped bottle. Good to see some good spirit within that league though as Wakering formed a guard of honour at the start of Romford's ascent of the Wembley steps.

FA Trophy Final: Gateshead 2 Solihull Moors 2, 5-4 on penalties - An altogether different game; fast, skillful and very entertaining. The game ebbed and flowed with both teams having spells in the ascendency, but over the 120 minutes they were as evenly matched as the score suggests. The result was incredibly hard in Solihull who had lost on penalties as Wembley just a week before. But as well as being pleased for our own Rob Elliot who now manages Gateshead, I felt Dajaune Brown was probably the best player on the pitch and deserved a win. After being unlucky a couple of times, the ball getting stuck under his feet, he saved Gateshead with a late equaliser before winning it with the final penalty. 

I was really impressed with the facilities at Wembley, and the staff who were all pleasant and courteous, and thought £30 to see both matches was good value. I'd definitely go to this again, even if I didn't have an interest in any of the teams. I was even pleasantly surprised by Box Park - especially with the value from the Greek Kebab shop in there. I was rather less impressed with the crap service on the Jubilee Line, though.

On the website it says no cameras with detachable lenses, which is fair enough. As much as I'd have like to take my mirrorless and telephoto, I understand that the professionals pay a lot for exclusive shooting rights. However, the message on the ticket was rather more stern: You shall not bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a Match or any aspect of it. It did give a rider that mobile phones are acceptable if used within their rules, but there was no mention of compact cameras. I didn't want to risk it.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Stig said:

On the website it says no cameras with detachable lenses, which is fair enough. As much as I'd have like to take my mirrorless and telephoto, I understand that the professionals pay a lot for exclusive shooting rights. However, the message on the ticket was rather more stern: You shall not bring into (or use within) the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to a Match or any aspect of it. It did give a rider that mobile phones are acceptable if used within their rules, but there was no mention of compact cameras. I didn't want to risk it.
    You stuck your tripod down your trousers then :)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Stig said:

You stuck your tripod down your trousers then :)
    That would explain the pronounced limp (pronounced l-i-m-p)
  • Options
    dev said:

3 trophies and promotion to the Isthmian League.

Many thanks to all the Addicks that came along and also helped make today's game go smoothly.

Off to enjoy too many cold drinks in Bexleyheath...

UP THE FKIN DOCKERS!

Congrats mate.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Cray Valley promoted into the Isthmian Premier (step 3), which is the division Dartford have been relegated into. Fortunately Cray Valley have just had a lucrative run in the FA Cup which will help pay for any extra seating they have to put in.
  • Options
    It is great news and thank you. It's given us hope that we can carry on at this level because if we'd stayed in Southern, we were losing a whole club's worth of management and players. Isthmian has changed a lot in the six years we've been away. There's now 14 new grounds for me, for a start!

Hanwell Town are the next club that need a move from Southern. Their "local derby" next season is Chertsey or Marlow. 

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    It is great news and thank you. It's given us hope that we can carry on at this level because if we'd stayed in Southern, we were losing a whole club's worth of management and players. Isthmian has changed a lot in the six years we've been away. There's now 14 new grounds for me, for a start!

Hanwell Town are the next club that need a move from Southern. Their "local derby" next season is Chertsey or Marlow. 

Fantastic that they've in effect switched Hendon with Havant. Just makes so much more sense to have Hendon back in the Isthmian in terms of travel. 
  • Options
    edited May 21
    https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/diamonds-delight-as-they-are-handed-relegation-reprieve-by-football-association-4634680

Plans to relocate them back to the Dog & Duck in Wellingborough next season have also been scrapped and they will continue to play at Hayden Road, Rushden.