Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England - The Road To Brazil .. .Or not

Comments

• Options

I don't really mind, if you fulfill the citizen criteria and would rather play for England over anyone else then i'd let him play.

Interesting that people are happier to accept Owen Hargreves over Adnan Januzaj. One has lived in the UK since being 16, one didn't live in the UK until he was 26.

Hargreves parent/s are English.
    Adban should never get anywhere near the England team. I'd rather fail with a team of Englishman than win with what is just becoming an extension of Club football.
    Other Countries do it....so what, it doesn't mean we have to follow suit does it.
    But Hargreaves' parents chose to leave England for Canada, and Owen didn't even bother moving to England until he was 26, choosing England over Canada and Wales wasn't exactly a tough choice for him...
    BOTHER moving to England? Why should he be expected to move to England at all? His parents are English, isn't that enough?
    Why is someone more English for just having English parents and never setting foot in England, rather than someone living in England for 7+ years but not being born here? I just think, if anyone makes the criteria, they should be able to play for England if they want to and are good enough.
  • Options

I don't really mind, if you fulfill the citizen criteria and would rather play for England over anyone else then i'd let him play.

Interesting that people are happier to accept Owen Hargreves over Adnan Januzaj. One has lived in the UK since being 16, one didn't live in the UK until he was 26.

Adban should never get anywhere near the England team. I'd rather fail with a team of Englishman than win with what is just becoming an extension of Club football.
    Other Countries do it....so what, it doesn't mean we have to follow suit does it.
    But Hargreaves' parents chose to leave England for Canada, and Owen didn't even bother moving to England until he was 26, choosing England over Canada and Wales wasn't exactly a tough choice for him...
    BOTHER moving to England? Why should he be expected to move to England at all? His parents are English, isn't that enough?
    If your going to play for England then you need to endure the English weather like the rest of us.
    ha ha. Why, is it worse than that in Canada?
    yeah, you know where you are with Canada. snow in the winter. sun in the summer. don't have to plan ahead before you walk out the door like you do in this country. never know with the weather reporting on this island.
  • Options

Why is someone more English for just having English parents and never setting foot in England, rather than someone living in England for 7+ years but not being born here? I just think, if anyone makes the criteria, they should be able to play for England if they want to and are good enough.
    Agree.
  • Options

I know, but I like the graphs.... You've lost it, mate, the explanation above was nowhere bear as good!

lol good thing I was halfway through doing it for completeness' sake then!

(assuming that Ukraine beat San Marino and that Montenegro beat Moldova)
    Cheers, I feel fully informed now!
  • Options
    I was surprised Hodgson was so attacking minded - worked after a slow 2nd half.

Job done.

Have to say Townsend didn't look like an England star of the future when on loan with us compared to Adam Johnson or Tom Cleverley so well done to him.
  • Options
    Was at the game last night. Happy with the result, we did what we had to do and then some.

Seriously though Wembley really has lost ALL of its magic since being rebuilt. Everything about the stadium and the silence within it irks me!
  • Options
    Well that was nice and relaxing.... Not
    Can't wait for Tuesday to do it all again, hope that Andy Townsend fella gets another game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Well that was nice and relaxing.... Not
    Can't wait for Tuesday to do it all again, hope that Andy Townsend fella gets another game.

Much better second half, we kept cutting inside into heavy traffic in the final third and when Townsend went down the outside straight after half time BIngo! Deserved his MOM billing and although he scored against us in the 3rd round cup tie at Spuds in January 2011 as a 19 year old, I don't remember him setting the world alight that day. Just goes to show how perseverance (albeit 9? loan spells) with a young talent (which is why we have to be supportive and patient with the likes of Harriott) can reap dividends. Fair play to Roy for giving him his chance and more of the same on Tuesday please :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Didn't think roy would have the balls to Try townsend out. He suprised me and many others as i thought he would bottle it with milner. Well done.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Was at the game last night. Happy with the result, we did what we had to do and then some.

Seriously though Wembley really has lost ALL of its magic since being rebuilt. Everything about the stadium and the silence within it irks me!

Sounded like some decent support at times on tele. Amazing what a few cleverly positioned microphones can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the atmosphere was good last night best at an England game for a while but then I was sat near to the band
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Any on here going tonight, or is it just the Poles?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm going. Seems a lot of interest from the english for this game. Normally get called mad for following england but have lots of people asking for spares.
  • Options
    Yes going - Only sourced a ticket this morning.
    Been to every away game in the group so hope to see us wrap it up tonight.
  • Options
    Yep I'm going, can't remember the last competitive Engald game I went to , so looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I'm going half day on the beers liverpool st and great Portland st from 1.00
  • Options
    Yah Mo Be There
  • Options
    Have a great night guys , i will be there with you in spirit , hopefully it will be a fairly relaxed evening.....
  • Options
    I'm going, with the boy as usual.
  • Options
    Come on England!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi
    does anyone have a link to a live stream for the match. I can only get Sweden v. Germany tonight over here.
    Thanks
    Stuart
  • Options
    Try wiziwig.tv closer to kick-off.
  • Options
    England Team: Hart, Smalling, Baines, Gerrard, Cahill, Jagielka, Townsend, Carrick, Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck

Subs: Jones, Ruddy, Gibbs, Wilshere, Lampard, Milner, Barkley, Defoe, Sterling, Lambert, Forster
  • Options
    Not long to go and we can all listen to the plastic paddy Andy Townsend giving his "expert opinion" on the game. And I thought the Beeb had shit commentators.....................
  • Options
    Interesting selection. Carrick in to offer a more defensive balance to the very attacking front 4. Looking at the bench I guess Smalling is the only thing approaching a fit right back. Could almost play a 3-4-3, with Baines and Townsend out wide. Welbeck is certain to give Baines plenty of space to get down the outside and will want to make up the extra man in the box to get on the end of Baines delivery.

Should be a good game, Roys been bold, hopefully it'll pay off.
  • Options
    Come on then, score predictions.

Comfortable 3-0
  • Options
    is forster the celtic goalkeeper? if so why have we got two goalkeepers on the bench?
  • Options

Come on then, score predictions.

Comfortable 3-0

Have heard a lot of the 'experts' saying 2-1 England , i'm not one of them!

My head says 1-1 , but hoping for a comfortable 2-0.

• Options
    I can see Poland scoring... not confident enough to predict an England win.
  • Options

Try wiziwig.tv closer to kick-off.

Thanks, I`ll try that.

Stuart