Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of here!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    People are so precious
  • Options
    Maybe he is an example to people who are not educationally bright that you can make something of yourself.

Doubt he has ever claimed himself to be a role model for anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I know plenty of people that could tell you dates of wars or explain formula's all day long, but some have got shit social skills and some are just arseholes.

Being knowledgable doesn't automatically make you a nice person.
  • Options
    Joey, although a bit of a donut/doughnut at least has a likeable personality which is more important.

What I despair of is why the British public kept Amy in for so long?

In my cynical view of the British public it's not that, apart from the Lion hair, she is fantastically ****able (guess it's mainly women voting anyway) but because they see her selfishness and her self-centered attitude perfectly acceptable.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Sorry , did I just hear Joey Essex answer when asked when did World War 1 finish... Answer 1979!!!

You did and I truly despair, an event of that magnitude and he was nearly a century out with his answer, unbelievable. I bet he could name all the different shades of fake tan though. Proves he's not faking it I guess.

It is amazing how ignorance and stupidity is lauded. I blame the public for watching programmes like TOWIE, BB, IACGMOOH and the like and making stars out of these people. It can't be healthy having role models like Joey, Jordan etc.I am not surprised that this bronzed Buffoon didn't know when the First World War ended. I would have been more surprised if he did know.

Who makes who a role model , if a kid has someone as a role model , whoever that may be , I think it says more about that kids upbringing and parents than it does about anything else
    My sons love the Sodjes
  • Options
    Maybe the fact hes stupid is that he didnt go to school because his mum died when he was very young and couldnt get over it so he went to work on a fish market...
  • Options

Maybe the fact hes stupid is that he didnt go to school because his mum died when he was very young and couldnt get over it so he went to work on a fish market...

Crickey , i didn't know that , thanks for educating me Adam , shows me too never judge a book by its cover , he's a likeable lad , and very funny i was just so shocked when i heard what he'd said , as i thought it must be an act.

Personal life[edit]

Following his mother's suicide, Joey Essex's was told by his family at the age of 10 years old that the death was caused by a fall but, in 2010, he found out the truth from his sister, Frankie.[14][15]
  • Options

Joey, although a bit of a donut/doughnut at least has a likeable personality which is more important.

In my cynical view of the British public it's not that, apart from the Lion hair, she is fantastically ****able (guess it's mainly women voting anyway) but because they see her selfishness and her self-centered attitude perfectly acceptable.

I think the fact moany bitter jealous sour faced Lucy has been kept in so long sums the British public up perfectly.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I think the fact moany bitter jealous sour faced Lucy has been kept in so long sums the British public up perfectly.
    Yeah what is that all about, how did she get that far?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I'd be pretty pissed off in someone else thought have extra bikinis and makeup was more important than other camp mates' needs, especially food!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Good point, i can see why the women would be peed off , that Amy bird did look quite 'Ream' though.
  • Options

That Joey is either a cheating manipulator or a village idiot - either way he doesn't deserve the love he is getting. He can't tell the time - really!!!! I'm not watching that show anymore - if it is going to elevate people like him to a cult celebrity - what example does it set to youngesters watching if he succeeds? Pathetic!

calm down! anyone with half a brain laughs at him rather that with him. the fact that he can take it on the chin and laugh at himself, which a lot of current 'celeb's can't do, makes him alright in my book.

People keep going on about 'examples' as if every kid in the country will be a sheep and follow whoever is on TV in every way. They might copy his hair style or what he wears, but it doesn't mean they are gonna ignore telling the time!
    You would be shocked how many kids in lower ability sets in schools around the country hang all their hopes on becoming an X factor winner etc. they literally give up on working in year 10, using morons as excuse examples
  • Options

You would be shocked how many kids in lower ability sets in schools around the country hang all their hopes on becoming an X factor winner etc. they literally give up on working in year 10, using morons as excuse examples

This ^ completely, while Joey Essex might be considered a nice guy the sad fact is that he WILL be used as a role model because he is visible on TV and making money from having no discernible talent and prancing around like an orange peacock and talking pointless drivel. Kids who might not be particularly bright will see this, think they can do the same and therefore not try to better themselves by hard work.

I also find it massively disrespectful to the millions who died in the 1st World War and whose sacrifice, together with those who died in later wars, led to people like him being free to be able to paint themselves orange, whiten their teeth, use ridiculous phrases like 'well jel' and 'ream', that he can't even get within 60 years of the correct year for the end of WW1.

There is, in my opinion, no excuse whatsoever for being so ignorant about such things, I know plenty of people who aren't gifted with great intelligence (me included probably!) but I can guarantee that they would all know the years of the World Wars and that Wales is in the UK and nowhere near Russia!

• Options
    Very precious
  • Options
    If I'm honest I'm not even sure I can tell you exactly when the world war ended, think it was sometime in the 40's? And I consider myself quite a bright lad.

Haven't learnt history in school since year 9 so I would of been 13? I'm 19 now..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No one has said he is setting himself up as a role model have they?!

But the sad truth is that many, many students take him and the Cher Lloyd's of the world to be just that - the one thing to aspire to - fame fortune and no hard work - perfect!
    Whilst a few can achieve this, the vast majority dont.

(I should add that I once tutored a boy called Richard Dobson who had this mind set. His Mum was the landlady of my local. One year I cautioned him against such an approach - three years later he was on his way to being a millionnaire and in the Guinness book of records as part of the fastest selling UK band, Five - so what do I know!)
  • Options

If I'm honest I'm not even sure I can tell you exactly when the world war ended, think it was sometime in the 40's? And I consider myself quite a bright lad.

Haven't learnt history in school since year 9 so I would of been 13? I'm 19 now..

That's not even history! There are people still alive who lived through it. If schools are really underperforming to that extent we really are in the shit. No offence to you GJ I'm sure your a bright lad as your posts on here indicate but that is a disgraceful imdictment of this country.
  • Options
    He's a thick as pig dung but I thought he was a likeable and genuine chap. He didn't do or say anything negative to or about anyone and he will probs go on and shag Miss GB. Who's the fool ?
  • Options

Agreed, don't really like her that much from what I've seen. Her traits though did't bother me as much as Amy's "me, me, me" attitude and the appeal to the youth of today.

Correct two in the final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton fan?
  • Options
    Who won?
  • Options

Who won?

Kian

• Options
    The irish fella.
  • Options
    Seemed a top fella
  • Options
    Yeah but does he know when WW1 ended?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Give it a rest Gary and try saying something constructive.

• Options
    Just say solly
  • Options

Give it a rest Gary and try saying something constructive.

ok, try to lighten up.