Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Stephens should have done better with a chance second half and as Airman says above Pritch should have also.

We battled but let Austin get a shot away too easily for his goal, good strike though it was.

Church is just not up to it, tries his best so you can't fault him but offers very little threat at all. We desperately need a couple of strikers.

I had to sit with the QPR fans today and was almost sat on the pitch and on the lap of the bloke next to me the ground is so small ! Two bob club who got lucky with a rich owner who seems to be keen to spunk a lot of money away.

We won't get relegated because of a defeat to QPR away.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just back, we huffed and puffed but pritch snatching at the only real chance aside didnt look like scoring. They have quality throughout and though they didnt play particularly well looked capable of going up a gear. Forgot how poor the stadium was both amenities and atmosphere.

Bigger games to come for us but whilst we were not outplayed today I see the need for some fresh blood in the squad if we want to compete as opposed to try and survive in this league
  • Options
    Zero attacking threat today.

Concourse was a nightmare couldn't move
  • Options
    Agree re Pritchard. At least we were squashed upstairs rather than downstairs.
  • Options
    Good effort, but I'm disputing the formation/tactics
  • Options
    I knew it wouldn't be our day when Church was outpaced to a ball by Clint Hill. Not sure they had another gear, they kept coming inside which we coped with well.
  • Options
    Defenders gave them far to much room especially for their goal we was backing away as Austin was running forward.

What a poor ground to get in and out of as well for a ground that hosted prem football last season I was very disappointed.

1 more thing well done to the travelling Addicks great noise through the whole game.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Lack of goals starting to become a real issue. Quality attacking players add you points and thats exactly what Austin did today.

other than a long range shot in the first half which their keeper didn't hold cleanly, I can't recall any other goalscoring chances we had...
    Pritchard was put in second half, but didn't react quickly enough.
    thought i was the only one to see that. pritchard clean through and nothing clean scoring chance and not even a shot. infact im not sure what he done.
  • Options

Oakster said:

Lack of goals starting to become a real issue. Quality attacking players add you points and thats exactly what Austin did today.

other than a long range shot in the first half which their keeper didn't hold cleanly, I can't recall any other goalscoring chances we had...
    Pritchard was put in second half, but didn't react quickly enough.
    thought i was the only one to see that. pritchard clean through and nothing clean scoring chance and not even a shot. infact im not sure what he done.
    Me and the person sat next to me said the exact same thing he needed to shoot first time he could of really tested Green
  • Options
    They were there got the taking today, we lacked quality at vital moments. Created couple of chances and when they came we were not composed enough.
    Powell set his stool out for a point but was positive early with subs. Cannot be too disheartened as the boys tried and we failed against a team of premier league players
    The challenge is to make sure we apply that level of commitment on Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see Pritchard starting next game, he was really poor. Not for the first time this season!
  • Options
    We all know what needs to happen
  • Options
    Mike said:

Can't see Pritchard starting next game, he was really poor. Not for the first time this season!

Pritchard has had twice as many chances as Danny Green messed them all up and still DG does not get the chance, Powell sees something in Pritch no-one else does I am sure he will start Tuesday
  • Options
    Pritch had a stinker but let's remember he was up against a Cameroon international that was playing champions league 3 years ago. He played there to limit his attacking play which he did but when he had the ball I agree, looked out if place
  • Options
    If you told Pritch 2 years ago he would be playin against assou- ekoto he would have had hissy fit, proper Charlton player love his commitment, it's all you can ask for.
  • Options
    What a nightmare us losing , scum and palace winning , it can't get worse than that

All about next two home games a minimum of 3 points required

Never realistically gonna get anything from the hoops.

Mate said he saw Yann and Dervite on tube on the way home in track suits

0% top half ......... 63% 13th-21st .......... 37% relegation

• Options
    Never looked like scoring today and a lack of quality on the right at the moment worries me

Tuesday is a proper 6 pointer

• Options
    Another toothless display, and another London derby loss on CP's record.

No doubt Church and Sordell will get 8's and 9's in the player marks thread for their "endless running and chasing" - but we will be relegated if they are asked to play a major part in the team any longer.

We look seriously short of ideas when we have the ball - it's only a matter of seconds before we pass back to Hamer.

Just being realistic.
  • Options

Another toothless display, and another London derby loss on CP's record.

No doubt Church and Sordell will get 8's and 9's in the player marks thread for their "endless running and chasing" - but we will be relegated if they are asked to play a major part in the team any longer.

We look seriously short of ideas when we have the ball - it's only a matter of seconds before we pass back to Hamer.

Just being realistic.

I agree with Sordell being useless but lets face it he was only on for 7 minutes today.
    Have to disagree with what you said about Church IMO if you have Church and a fully fit Yann together we will score.
    Doubt we will get relegated there are at least 4 teams worse than us Yeovil, Donny, Wendies and Barnsley again IMO
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Posting without reading. We were set up for another defensive away performance and seemed comfortable until a moment of £4m finishing from Austin well into the first half. Having to chase the game with the personnel who started was never going to be easy and so it proved with QPR looking comfortable and had the luxury to bring on Shaun W-Phillips who hit the bar after some sublime skill which left our defenders for dead. The chances we did have were wasted by Pritchard and Stevens and not until Yann entered the field of play on the hour did we offer any threat. Not overly impressed with QPR but they have that little bit of quality and didn't need to over exert themselves to bag all the points. Good away support loud and proud. Onto the 6 pointer Tuesday when hopefully Yann will start COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Doncaster were three up against us ??
    What does that say about us ?

Think a lot of that was down to the pitch considering two of there goals would never of gone in had the pitch not been waterlogged.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Doncaster were three up against us ??
    What does that say about us ?

We can't walk on water!
  • Options
    There is a lack of quality in the right half / wing area. Pritchard may not be the right player but Danny Green isn't either. Danny Green gives little support to the right back and leaves them exposed.

This is particularly important with Lawrie Wilson at right back, who is pretty average in this position. We miss Chris Solly at right back.

We have a lack of quality up front particularly when KMG is not at his best.

I do find it tiring, when every defeat leads to a call from some for CPs head. There is limited quality and resources he is working with. Why does a 1-0 defeat to a minted team like QPR lead to this ? If he had half the resources of QPR, a decent striker, right half and more back up in defence when would be in and around the top 6.
  • Options
    Thought we were very poor today, other than Hamer, thought he had a good game
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks the answer to our RM problem we let go (Waggy) Decent crosser and knew when the help the RB IMO
  • Options

Am I the only one who thinks the answer to our RM problem we let go (Waggy) Decent crosser and knew when the help the RB IMO

Waggy was great, gave everything but was a bit limited. Better quality is needed in that position.

John Robinson / Shane Newton / Graham Stuart could all compete strongly.
  • Options

If you told Pritch 2 years ago he would be playin against assou- ekoto he would have had hissy fit, proper Charlton player love his commitment, it's all you can ask for.

Couldnt agree more.

Pritchard is well down the list of concerns