Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    The oakster is on the money for me with his view of the game. They were quiet though weren't they!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Good effort, but I'm disputing the formation/tactics

Interested if someone who was there could tell me how they lined up today?
  • Options
    No threat today - run ragged in the first half - disappointing overall - we looked clueless with regards to finding space.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @Fortune82ndMinute Same as at Birmingham 4-1-4-1 and sometimes switching to 4-4-1-1 when going forward.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Poor tactics poor team selection Powell has to take the blame fir sticking with Pritchard on the right again ... I hear Danny Green is going out on loan well I say okay play him right wing and send Pritchard out on loan ...... Two home games we have to get 6 points or I fear Powell will be told to walk .

If you're right about the last bit.... All the tears will flood the pitch again - I think it could be close if the takeover happens
  • Options
    Happy with the initial set up but cant believe Powell waited so late before adding the extra striker. Even then we took off a winger instead of Cousins. Very negative today albeit good at the back. Looks very much like we're settling for survival this season. I know Rangers are decent and we havent got a lot but we showed them far more respect than they deserved. That was bordering on boring today.
  • Options
    No idea why they won't take a flag down with 10 minutes to go.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Poor tactics poor team selection Powell has to take the blame fir sticking with Pritchard on the right again ... I hear Danny Green is going out on loan well I say okay play him right wing and send Pritchard out on loan ...... Two home games we have to get 6 points or I fear Powell will be told to walk .

Just so we are clear, Mr Sams....were you there?

• Options
    If Danny green is the answer we are f'd
  • Options
    I thought we would have 3 points out of QPR and Donny and believe we are still on target for that.

Could someone tell Paul Mortimer we were losing 3-1 not 3-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

QPR have had a 'blip' by their standards recently with only one win in five. We can get something tomorrow but I think a moment of quality will take the points. 1-0 or 2-1 to the home team for me.

Anyone want lottery numbers?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@Fortune82ndMinute Same as at Birmingham 4-1-4-1 and sometimes switching to 4-4-1-1 when going forward.

Cheers
  • Options
    vff said:

There is a lack of quality in the right half / wing area. Pritchard may not be the right player but Danny Green isn't either. Danny Green gives little support to the right back and leaves them exposed.

This is particularly important with Lawrie Wilson at right back, who is pretty average in this position. We miss Chris Solly at right back.

We have a lack of quality up front particularly when KMG is not at his best.

I do find it tiring, when every defeat leads to a call from some for CPs head. There is limited quality and resources he is working with. Why does a 1-0 defeat to a minted team like QPR lead to this ? If he had half the resources of QPR, a decent striker, right half and more back up in defence when would be in and around the top 6.

Good post, vff. Pretty much my thoughts too.

Not impressed with Stewart and his workrate either , I'm afraid but on a positive note, expect Yann to start on Tues night which I believe will lift everyone both on & off the pitch. Woody on the bench today so hopefully he might regain his place in the back four to give us a bit more steel there.

Didn't expect anything from this afternoon and not too worried at this stage. Players returning from injury , loadsa dosh soon available to the gaffer(?) to strengthen the squad and Christmas around the corner !

Keep the faith !

• Options

colin1961 said:

Just so we are clear, Mr Sams....were you there?

TBH I didn't spot anyone with their head up their backside, PA.

:-)

• Options
    Anyone see that cock steward who wanted to take the flag down on 80 minutes, why wait that long. Caused a huge disruption for no need. He was being a complete jobs worth all game.
  • Options
    Wasn't there, didn't listen to I-player or even read the thread..........One look at our team I knew we wouldn't score so couldn't be bothered.

I said before the season started that we were going down & I don't see anything to change my mind, unless we recruit a couple of decent strikers. The sooner a takeover, any takeover, happens the better.
  • Options
    What was the fuss about in the first half with the "shame on you" chant and the old bill?
  • Options
    my mate said something about stewards taking the lee rigby flag down??
  • Options

Wasn't there, didn't listen to I-player or even read the thread..........One look at our team I knew we wouldn't score so couldn't be bothered.

I said before the season started that we were going down & I don't see anything to change my mind, unless we recruit a couple of decent strikers. The sooner a takeover, any takeover, happens the better.

Attaboy Golfie.
  • Options
    Ignoring the actual game, wasn't impressed by some of our supporters today. A few of them on the far right hand block were smoking during the second half. I have no issue with that whatsoever doesn't bother me in the slightest... but if the stewards come and tell you to stop it cos it's against the law you hold your hands up and go fair enough and stop. Instead whole group of tits started getting lairy and aggressive with the two stewards. I am well aware there are some very over zealous jobsworth stewards out there but from what I could see that was fair game and our fans were behaving like arseholes, and this culminated in me being stood next to some prat on the stairs who was calling it on with a female steward as we queued to get out of the stand at the end.

Don't have any issue with aggression and anger at football channeled in the right way, in fact I wish some of our supporters showed a bit more of it in certain circumstances, but was genuinely embarrassed by the twats I saw today. And I hope today's loss was one too many for the bloke who was shouting "come on then love what are you gonna do about it" to the bird at the end - if you're reading this mate, I think you'd be better off spending your Saturday afternoons in Bermondsey from now on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you told Pritch 2 years ago he would be playin against assou- ekoto he would have had hissy fit, proper Charlton player love his commitment, it's all you can ask for.

This is why we don't get anywhere. Commitment can only take you so far
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Please Wagstaff was not the answer ... Kept coming inside and could not cross to save his life ...... Danny Green is the only match changing winger we have his assists in our promotion year proves that

How many assists did he get?

How many did Pritch get last year?

• Options

If Danny green is the answer we are f'd

If Danny Green is the answer then we are asking the wrong question
  • Options
    Good effort yesterday but never looked likely to score. Pritchard's chance five minutes into the second half was the only one of any note. The formation is ok, but once we went a goal down and the double subs were made after 58 mins, i cannot understand taking Church off and still using just one up front. We could lose 2/3 nil, but if don't go two up front, the chances of scoring were remote.

Two up front tuesday night and hopefully three points in the bag.
  • Options
    We were crap yesterday. Happy to lose 1-0 it seemed with the lack of ambition and cp not changing any thing.

wish they would of told me they were not going to bother even if were losing because i wouldn't of wasted my time and money.
  • Options
    Why the fuck is cp still playing pritch at right midfield?

He can't cross has no skill or pace. Is cp the only one who can't see this. Total liability.
  • Options
    Prolly cos the alternatives at right midfield are pony as well
  • Options

Ignoring the actual game, wasn't impressed by some of our supporters today. A few of them on the far right hand block were smoking during the second half. I have no issue with that whatsoever doesn't bother me in the slightest... but if the stewards come and tell you to stop it cos it's against the law you hold your hands up and go fair enough and stop. Instead whole group of tits started getting lairy and aggressive with the two stewards. I am well aware there are some very over zealous jobsworth stewards out there but from what I could see that was fair game and our fans were behaving like arseholes, and this culminated in me being stood next to some prat on the stairs who was calling it on with a female steward as we queued to get out of the stand at the end.

Don't have any issue with aggression and anger at football channeled in the right way, in fact I wish some of our supporters showed a bit more of it in certain circumstances, but was genuinely embarrassed by the twats I saw today. And I hope today's loss was one too many for the bloke who was shouting "come on then love what are you gonna do about it" to the bird at the end - if you're reading this mate, I think you'd be better off spending your Saturday afternoons in Bermondsey from now on.

Come on Paul, I am not having that! One fella having a go at a single girl, surrounded by his mates, is really brave, macho stuff in my book! He must have been petrified!
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Prolly cos the alternatives at right midfield are pony as well

Take your point. I feel Stewart would do better on that side than pritch with Harriot on the left. Not the greatest but at least they look like pro footballers.
  • Options
    Just got to be realistic, their subs bench was stronger than half our team, Luke Young, SWP and Andy Johnson, yes please!
    It's very frustrating because our first 11/12 is strong enough to do well, but we simply can't cope when 2/3 of those players are out injured or not fully fit. I think Powell has persevered with one up front for long enough, especially at home. We need to start playing some good football and creating chances at least to give every one a lift. When it was known that Yann was going to be out long term, he should have either got a loan striker in or play the only other recognised striker at the club (Sordell) until he found his form.