Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Calm down, calm down ars*holes like Neli Warrnock (it's an anagram) just get the P*ss ripped right out of them, so keep the crap coming Colin. Oh, by the the way get a life before it's too late :0)
  • Options
    Posting without reading.

I felt we struggled to create, gave their midfield too much respect, which gave them the impetus to run the game. Barton, Krancjcar and Oneil ran it. It was too easy for QPR, and they were chugging along in third gear!

We battled as normal, but one moment of quality, called the game...

Another thing. Sordell. Not everyone's cuppa, but I think he needs games. If any of you played football, and you play up front, then you'll know how difficult it can be, getting involved in a game from the bench, especially chasing a game.

I'm not saying Sordell is our saviour, but I am saying I will reserve judgement of a decent player (record shows), until he has a decent run in the team.
  • Options

Another toothless, gutless, passionless showing. A team playing in its managers and supporters image. You can't keep defending Mr Powell because he's a nice chap. Chris Hughton anyone!

Difference between the above mentioned, and lacking quality.
    No thanks to Hughton
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Another toothless, gutless, passionless showing. A team playing in its managers and supporters image. You can't keep defending Mr Powell because he's a nice chap. Chris Hughton anyone!

Get a grip mate and forgive me for suggesting it but try In between your legs.

• Options
    edited November 2013

Good post Rob. Do those who think CP was responsible for us losing yesterday think we would have won with Hairy Redknob in charge? I don't think so.

Harry Redknapp would of tried to get back into it though and not accepted à 1-0 defeat.

Thats the point people are making.

WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY!!!!

How hard is it to understand?
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Good post Rob. Do those who think CP was responsible for us losing yesterday think we would have won with Hairy Redknob in charge? I don't think so.

Harry Redknapp would of tried to get back into it though and not accepted à 1-0 defeat.

WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY!!!!
    Mate we did try WITHIN OUR CAPABILITIES, we move on the next game is 6 a pointer let's make some noise and get behind the boys....... Yann is our saviour he will start.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY!!!!
    Mate we did try WITHIN OUR CAPABILITIES, we move on the next game is 6 a pointer let's make some noise and get behind the boys....... Yann is our saviour he will start.
    3 points on tuesday would be great for everyone.

Just to be clear:

I think powell is the man for us.

i understand we are limited.

its just disappointing when we don't give it à go.

Tuesday night should be a great atmosphere and i think we will win.
  • Options
    Mate I share your pain and Tuesday is a big, big game for us COYR.
  • Options
    Logically,CP thought why chase it and up with a 3-0 defeat at QPR when we can settle to keep the score at 1-0 or maybe "nick" an equaliser?
    Our midfield must release the ball earlier to Church,that's his strength.Feed his runs through the gaps and in the channels.He's not good in the air,keep it on the ground.He was starved of any sort of service as our midfield bowed and scraped to QPR's "stars" and continually flapped.
    CP has Curbs' cautious mentality,doesn't want to be caught on the break and then watch it all crumble.We are generally tight at the back away from home and are hard to beat.Against other teams away from home we would have given it a go but we pay too much respect to some teams.This has happened too frequently at home.
    Longing to see a home performance where the players "roll up their sleeves" and give the opposition a real go--the nearest so far was the Forest 1-1 game.Let's see the aim as continual pressure on a defence--so many teams get away with it against us as we don't test them at the back enough.Sick of away keepers having their quietest games at The Valley.
    Why can't the more successful away set-up be adapted to a better home formation?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    A lot criticising Pritch but saying Green not much of an alternative. Easy solution. Stewart right, Harriott left. Simples.

(Posted when on first page of thread, been suggested a few times since I see. Great minds and all that)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alan Campbell? He must be nearly 60 now :-)
  • Options

WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY!!!!

How hard is it to understand?
    I understand perfectly well. CP did not accept a 1-0 defeat. He didn't have the choices that Redknapp had, and the best manager in the world could not have changed that. That's the point some other people are making. QPR demonstrated their quality by coming out of the blocks and could have had 3 in the first ten minutes. We were defending desperately for our life and from where I stand that was down to the quality of players not the manager. By half way through the second half we had very little energy left to fight with. Bringing on Kermo and Harriot made a difference, but not enough. CP would hve needed to bring on 5 subs that don't exist on our bench at the moment.
  • Options
    Bradley Pritchard - Scapegoat of the week winner.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Lol

• Options
    edited November 2013
    cafctom said:

Scapegoat of the season, Tom. Very poor all season.
  • Options
    So according to some of the posts on here no team with a superior squad to the other should ever lose again. Cardiff beat man city and WBA beat Man U, I bet their managers wished they had a bench like the Manchester teams. Instead they had some bollocks they didn't sit back and accept the 1 or 2-0 defeat they went for it and got their reward.
  • Options
    Not terrible, but pretty poor. Th emain worry for me is that there is no movement when we have the ball. We end up passing it sideways or backwards until we give it away of hoof it.

Church had a few opportunities but looked poor quality. Generaly our midfield (JC excepted) struggled nst a significantly better footballing side. Hamer and defence were good.

Hadn't been to Loftus Road for years. It certainly hasn't improved and I don't think I'll bother again.
  • Options
    WE saw why this team is predicted to loose £80 million by end of the season. This would sub Charltons loses for 10 years. Individualy most of their players have better skill sets than ours, but that is what QPR are paying for. Money Talks!
  • Options
    Those who say Chris should have given it ago, please tell me who in are current squad is goodenough to do that. Chris can only work with the players available to him, and we have a smaller squad of proven players than last season.
    Also goal difference at end of season may be critical.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    How about going 2 up top and playing higher up the pitch?

You know, what every other team does when behind.

You don't need World class to give it a go. Just courage and belief.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoyed the game. I know we didn't offer much going forward, but we were playing against the best defence in the league. It was like trying to attack a Premier League side. We handled them really well, and they only threatened a second goal late on.

Assou Ekotto was the best player on the pitch and we kept him at bay, Pritchard was not massively outclassed, he was just up against a better player.

True, we didn't offer much going forward as expected, but it was still an encouraging defensive display. And Jordan Cousins nearly pipped Charlie Austin for goal of the game.

As always, too much doom and gloom on here - it was a respectable showing against this seasons Championship winners.

The real talking point - I've never seen a home crowd that cr*p, never!!
  • Options

" Harriot is pure potential and shouldn't be relied upon "

biggest load of cock I've read on here. Harriott is about the only player we have who wants to run at defenders & shoot. Main reason we are in this position is because he's not playing or don't you remember why we finished so well last season.

Of the limited I have seen of Harriott this season he has been wank , which is prolly the reason why he hasn't been a regular starter , he started last week against Leeds and we let in 4
    Hasn't had much of a run has he? Seems to have been in out, in out. Don't know how any player is supposed to find form and consistency in such circumstances. Anyone who turns in a dodgy performance one game is out the next. Morrison and Hamer being the exceptions who have been allowed to play through their poor form. Golfie is correct, Harriott's inclusion was responsible for turning last season around and Powell seems to have forgotten that.

Harriott has started 6 games this season (7 including the Donny debacle) and they've yielded 3 points

the other 9 games have gotten us 11 points

Harriott started the first 3 of the season (4th was Donny ) 2 defeats and 1 draw
    The defending was crap in the first 3/4 games. Our slight improvement was a result of tightening up the defense and not conceding poor goals.
    I have no idea how Harriott has been performing, I haven't seen him yet this season, but I know this:
    A) He hasn't suddenly turned into a crap player overnight.
    B) He is a young winger, we shouldn't be surprised if he suffers from bouts of inconsistent form.
    C) We are not exactly blessed with players with pace and attacking flair, something we desperately need ATM.

It's not that Harriott has turned into a crap player overnight. It's just, that he was never that good in the first place.
  • Options

You've not been to Watford, then?
  • Options
    Didn't expect anything else but a defeat. That's not me being negative it's realism. Ask me can we beat Donny Tuesday and the answer is yes we can! I'm sure SCP had Tuesdays game in the back of his mind when picking the team and making certain changes.
    QPR are a team of ex prem players, some of whom could still put a shift in up there. We are a team of mostly League 1/lower championship players. Lets be realistic. We lost to a great goal, move on a get the three points Tuesday.
  • Options
    Don’t think anyone has a problem with us losing, it's the fact we didn’t try to get back in it.

Yes QPR have a much superior squad, but why should that stop us going 2 up top with 20 mins to give it a real go.

Anyway I thought QPR were crap anyway they did nothing and they are a team full of has been individuals who are only their for the pay day.
  • Options
    I must say this wasn't an unexpected result given the respective league positions and squads of the two clubs. Tuesday is a MUST win in my opinion otherwise I can see a freefall occuring. For me there is quite a difference between last season and this one in so far as we had the impetus of a terrific League 1 campaign behind us and dare I say better players. Both Fuller and Obika are better players than Church and Sordell and sorry to say we really miss an in form Solly.

I wish CP all the best it is clear there is absolutely no money available, rumours of a take over are just that...rumours and we have both key players and manager waiting for contract renewals so is anyone suprised that we are struggling?

So a big night on Tuesday unfortunately work will not allow me to go so please everyone get behind the boys and try to make the difference. Good luck to CP and the team I'll be following from Germany.
  • Options
    Agreed SCP approach is far to cautious for my liking. I'd of rather us go for it and loose 4-0. As I said I do believe he was thinking about Tuesdays game. I think Kermo and Church will be up front in a 4-4-2
  • Options
    lady luck hasnt been on our side lately, add to the fact that we arent prolific in front of goal = bad times
    not a bad result considering it was QPR, tomorrow will be an interesting game
  • Options

You've not been to Watford, then?
    Haha. Funny enough I have - I went to Watford away last season. I agree we were louder than them, but QPR on Saturday was something else. Barely a peep out of them for a full 90 minutes. They celebrated the goal and then sat down and kept quiet for the remaining hour. It was almost strange.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Harriott is LLoyd Sam mark two

An unfair comparison in my view.

Yes they have similar "twinkling feet" but Sam often bottled challenges and failed to track back. Harriott's workrate is second only to Wagstaff for Charlton wingers of recent vintage (post prem) and, in my view, he is first for willingness to physically scrap with opposition players despite his diminutive stature.