Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Can't fault the efforts of the players yesterday against a team of so much premiership experience. Felt Chris should have kept Church on when Yann came on and gone 4-4-2. Defensively I thought we looked solid all over the pitch but just lacked a bit of belief when we had the ball.
  • Options

If you told Pritch 2 years ago he would be playin against assou- ekoto he would have had hissy fit, proper Charlton player love his commitment, it's all you can ask for.

This is why we don't get anywhere. Commitment can only take you so far
    Agree..
    I can do what pritch does, just run around snapping at oppo's legs
  • Options
    We lost to a (on paper) mid table premiership side. Away. By one goal. Not too concerned to be honest
    Well valley on paper I agree. However in practice you should be.
    We were awful today. The limit of our ambition was to avoid a pasting. We only had one decent chance in the whole match and that fell to the goal machine that is Bradley Pritchard. I love Pritchard, is lack of ability he often masks with an admirable work rate. Today however he was cruelly exposed. Assou-ekoto had a laugh at his expense. The rest, with the exception of Hamer were little better TBF. The defending, at time was chaotic, but in fairness they restrict QPR to long range pot shots, unfortunately Mr Austin showed us how that's done. Midfield AWOL, attack, poor old Simon, he may as well stay in the dressing room. It did improve a bit when Yann came, but that was mainly down to the brief morale boast his presence seemed to give. BUT come on Chris we were 1 down, getting no where with one up front, even bloody Messi would struggle playing up front for Charlton on his own, it's a very lonely place, rarely inhabited by footballs.
    In retrospect I now release why I drank some much in Notting hill last night, this was enough to drive anyone to drink.
  • Options

If you told Pritch 2 years ago he would be playin against assou- ekoto he would have had hissy fit, proper Charlton player love his commitment, it's all you can ask for.

Agree..
    Why aren't you a professional footballer then?
  • Options

We were crap yesterday. Happy to lose 1-0 it seemed with the lack of ambition and cp not changing any thing.

wish they would of told me they were not going to bother even if were losing because i wouldn't of wasted my time and money.

Did you think we were going to win?

Didn't Powell make some really early subs as well? Sometimes you need to hold up your hands and say the other team is superior.

• Options

Agree..
    You might be able to, but unfortuantely the rest of our midfiled can't. That's what he brings to the team.

Not the greatest, by any means, but it's all we've got, unless we play two wingers and leave ourselves wide open.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Agree..
    Why aren't you a professional footballer then?
    I think the question is.. How is he a professional footballer ?
  • Options
    Another toothless, gutless, passionless showing. A team playing in its managers and supporters image. You can't keep defending Mr Powell because he's a nice chap. Chris Hughton anyone!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    WSS said:

We were crap yesterday. Happy to lose 1-0 it seemed with the lack of ambition and cp not changing any thing.

wish they would of told me they were not going to bother even if were losing because i wouldn't of wasted my time and money.

Didn't Powell make some really early subs as well? Sometimes you need to hold up your hands and say the other team is superior.

They were obviously better. My point is we were beaten yesterday before we went on the pitch. There was no belief, we didn't look like scoring but the bench failed to change it.

QPR's players couldn't believe how easy it was. It was à total stroll.

At least have a go for the fans sake.
  • Options

Why the fuck is cp still playing pritch at right midfield?

He can't cross has no skill or pace. Is cp the only one who can't see this. Total liability.

My view on this that he doesn't trust Danny Green over 90 mins and has nobody else - this is why I've criticised his loans - we are crying out for a right Mid - Pritch is all we have - plus he's busy for the whole game and,I guess, CP likes that - Jan has to rectify this - getting rid of Waggy & Haynes should have led to a replacement on the right. Maybe it would be Wilson if we had Solly available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He can't cross has no skill or pace. Is cp the only one who can't see this. Total liability.

My view on this that he doesn't trust Danny Green over 90 mins and has nobody else - this is why I've criticised his loans - we are crying out for a right Mid - Pritch is all we have - plus he's busy for the whole game and,I guess, CP likes that - Jan has to rectify this - getting rid of Waggy & Haynes should have led to a replacement on the right. Maybe it would be Wilson if we had Solly available.
    Don't you feel Stewart on the right and Harriot on the left? Got to be better than pritch.
  • Options

Don't you feel Stewart on the right and Harriot on the left? Got to be better than pritch.
    It should be better - trouble for me is, like Green, neither gives you 90 mins - Stewart did very little yesterday and rarely takes on a defender on the outside - Harriot is pure potential and shouldn't be relied upon. CP needs to find a few in Jan that will make a difference as our home form isn't likely to save us...yet
  • Options
    Bloody Austin will soon be up there with Steve Bull, Paul McGinley and Marco Gabbiadini for me. However, we offered nothing at all going forward. People can moan about Church but he didn't have much to feed off, albeit against a strong QPR side. I hate Loftus Road.
  • Options
    1-0 defeat against the league winners (IMO). Not that bad of a result. Was a terrible match to watch.
    Won't say anything more about that match quickly forgotten.

Biggest game of the season on Tuesday. Need to play positive and get at them earlier on.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Poor tactics poor team selection Powell has to take the blame fir sticking with Pritchard on the right again ... I hear Danny Green is going out on loan well I say okay play him right wing and send Pritchard out on loan ...... Two home games we have to get 6 points or I fear Powell will be told to walk .

• Options
    Where have you heard this from as he knows nothing about it?.
  • Options

We played with Stewart and Harriott against Leeds (although he had them on different flanks I think) and let in 4 , I suppose SCP is thinking QPR could be more of a threat so tried to keep the game tighter with Pritch starting
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    " Harriot is pure potential and shouldn't be relied upon "

biggest load of cock I've read on here. Harriott is about the only player we have who wants to run at defenders & shoot. Main reason we are in this position is because he's not playing or don't you remember why we finished so well last season.

• Options
    edited November 2013

WSS said:

They were obviously better. My point is we were beaten yesterday before we went on the pitch. There was no belief, we didn't look like scoring but the bench failed to change it.

QPR players couldn't believe how easy it was ????

So why didn't they score a hatful of goals ?

Maybe SCP should have gone for it and tried 2 up front in the 2nd half but not too many options on that bench you mention...

This team are NOT world beaters. SCP said it would be a long, hard season. We have the players that we have- not the gaffer's fault.

Not a level playing field with regards to money spent on a squad but please don't indicate it was a "total stroll" for the opposition. That denigrates the efforts of what is an honest, hard working group of players and our Manager working with limited resources.

Not making excuses...Just telling it like it is and why we need to SUPPORT all concerned, not belittle them.

Only my opinion of course..

• Options
    Good post, Fanny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

biggest load of cock I've read on here. Harriott is about the only player we have who wants to run at defenders & shoot. Main reason we are in this position is because he's not playing or don't you remember why we finished so well last season.

Of the limited I have seen of Harriott this season he has been wank , which is prolly the reason why he hasn't been a regular starter , he started last week against Leeds and we let in 4
  • Options
    I admire your dedication Fanny & knowing that you go home & away without fail I am interested in what you feel is our best starting 11.........should Pritch be playing on the right (or at all ??), should Harriott be in the team and Stewart moved to the right and should we be playing with 2 up front ??
  • Options
    Harriott should be playing on the left and Stewart on the right, Stewart one trick is to cut inside, play him on the right and let him put some crosses in for Yann and Church
  • Options
    Our play was too staitic until Kerm & Harriot came on. Only then did we measure up to a better side who clearly know how to create speace for themselves.
  • Options

Of the limited I have seen of Harriott this season he has been wank , which is prolly the reason why he hasn't been a regular starter , he started last week against Leeds and we let in 4
    Hasn't had much of a run has he? Seems to have been in out, in out. Don't know how any player is supposed to find form and consistency in such circumstances. Anyone who turns in a dodgy performance one game is out the next. Morrison and Hamer being the exceptions who have been allowed to play through their poor form. Golfie is correct, Harriott's inclusion was responsible for turning last season around and Powell seems to have forgotten that.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2013
    CH is too predictable and has been found out in my opinion. He now has two players on him most times and doesn't know how to combat it.

Intelligence would tell you there is a spare man somewhere yet his decision making lets him down and, probably listening to Golfie, just has a snapshot that is usually very weak.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

WSS said:

QPR players couldn't believe how easy it was ????

So why didn't they score a hatful of goals ?

Maybe SCP should have gone for it and tried 2 up front in the 2nd half but not too many options on that bench you mention...

This team are NOT world beaters. SCP said it would be a long, hard season. We have the players that we have- not the gaffer's fault.

Not a level playing field with regards to money spent on a squad but please don't indicate it was a "total stroll" for the opposition. That denigrates the efforts of what is an honest, hard working group of players and our Manager working with limited resources.

Not making excuses...Just telling it like it is and why we need to SUPPORT all concerned, not belittle them.

Only my opinion of course..

We didn't even try to score. Thats my point.

I more than do my bit supporting the club probably not as much as the great fanny fanackapan but when they are good i say they good. When they are bad i say they are bad.

The grounds i go to are the place for support. This forum is for opinions.

unless you want me to bury my head in the sand and say everything is wonderful.
  • Options

Hasn't had much of a run has he? Seems to have been in out, in out. Don't know how any player is supposed to find form and consistency in such circumstances. Anyone who turns in a dodgy performance one game is out the next. Morrison and Hamer being the exceptions who have been allowed to play through their poor form. Golfie is correct, Harriott's inclusion was responsible for turning last season around and Powell seems to have forgotten that.

Harriott has started 6 games this season (7 including the Donny debacle) and they've yielded 3 points

the other 9 games have gotten us 11 points

Harriott started the first 3 of the season (4th was Donny ) 2 defeats and 1 draw
  • Options
    QPR, awful Ground, lifeless supporters, decent Championship team, game decided by an excellent goal. Charlton, strong at the back, pathetic upfront, good chances falling to midfielders who dithered until the defenders got to them. I wonder why some of the richest men in the Country bothered to buy them, CAFCcould offer them much more.
  • Options

Where have you heard this from as he knows nothing about it?.

This is just stirring and long cherished hope from I suspect a well known ITtV contributor. Entitled to their opinion but not one I agree with. Don't bite.