Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town post match views 2013

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Well, not much to write home about.

0-1

You could have closed the thread there and then. Summed up perfectly. Just one question though - Why bring on Sordell with 5 mins left????????????

• Options
    Powell maybe a good coach but hes a shit manager
  • Options
    Bringing on piggot and green when we already didn't have a clue is as depressing as it gets.
  • Options
    Harriot must of shagged powells mrs or something to not get in that shit tip of a team
  • Options
    JT said:

First game seeing us "live" this season apart from Millwall.

You've seen 2 absolute crackers then!!
  • Options
    Commenting without trading others comments .

Ipswich will not get an easier game all season . We were absolute toilet.
    Wilson and Wiggins were appalling ( I'm not sure what game some people saw reading the players marks) .
    Every time Morrison and Devite had the ball at feet they lumped it up front to no one.
    Jackson was off the pace and the front two never got a look in.
    Really disappointing display and if we were still playing now it would still be nil.
    One plus point was the keeper looked ok.
  • Options
    Posting without reading.

Ipswich came with a game plan to score first and then sit back (just how Charlton do whenever they go away)

Unfortunately it worked because we were asleep for the first five and when we did wake up we just didnt turn up, although didnt help Ipswich parking the bus we were poor regardless though especially Wilson today Im afraid
  • Options

Powell maybe a good coach but hes a shit manager

Ridiculous comment.

We have a lower Champ budget and squad. Not sure where we're supposed to be?

Powell's made mistakes but we're going to lose games and be inconsistent. That's what lower Championship sides do.
  • Options
    A bad day at the office after a (unusually) good evening on Tuesday.

Thought Dervite had a decent enough game - though don't know if he was at fault in any way for the goal? - but all round we looked flat and without too many ideas, bar lumping it forward and hoping for the best.

Still think we'll be good enough to finish the right side of the relegation line come the end of the season, and hopefully the takeover will be completed in time to allow for some strengthening and clarity around future contracts.
  • Options
    Posting without reading, simply awful.

Long balls up to Yann, when we did pass it it was sideways, no killer balls, no urgency - looked completely different to the team on Tuesday.

Wilson had a shocker, as did Wiggins. Felt for Church when he came off, ran his backside off but had very little decent service. Very one dimensional.

On the plus, Alnwick is a safe pair of hands, unbelievable double save at the beginning of the game.

Looked like we had no idea how to break down a typically well organised Mick McCarthy side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013

Just hope CP doesn't spend most of his post match conference praising the oppo like he normally does.

CP sounded pretty down on the radio and did not praise the opposition.

I have often criticised CP for the timing of his substitutions but I think he got them spot on today, but was dissapointed with Piggott as opposed to Sordell coming on. Nothing against Piggy but he is not a game changer, Sordell could be as his pass at the end could have been if the ref had not decided to not play advantage. In the 10 minutes that Sordell has played over the last two games I have felt that used more he could unlock a few defences.

This was a really flat performance and the players took too long to make passes, meaning that McCarthy's team had plenty of time to get bodies behind the ball. The wing backs were poor today, but no one was desperately bad, but no outfield player any good.

Thought the ref was ok, did not get any big decisions wrong, except for the failure to give us a the advantage at the end, with a player about to go clear.

• Options
    Lame....no pace up front. Didn't mix up very predictable. Management and coaching staff need to look at what they are doing.
  • Options
    No real spark in anyone's performance today but thought Dervite & Wiggins were our best players.

Someone said on here after Tuesday night that it might be asking too much of JJ to play again today, and that was so true. But of course as others have pointed out, we have few options available. What about giving young Diego an outing, if only on the bench ?

Sadly, for me, Dale had one of his quieter games & seemed obsessed with playing the ball backwards instead of goalwards . He was such an influence against Donny but of course, Ipswich were a different kettle of fish.

Let's hope that Yeovil are not on an upwards surge ...well at least until after 5pm next Saturday evening.
  • Options

No real spark in anyone's performance today but thought Dervite & Wiggins were our best players.

Someone said on here after Tuesday night that it might be asking too much of JJ to play again today, and that was so true. But of course as others have pointed out, we have few options available. What about giving young Diego an outing, if only on the bench ?

Sadly, for me, Dale had one of his quieter games & seemed obsessed with playing the ball backwards instead of goalwards . He was such an influence against Donny but of course, Ipswich were a different kettle of fish.

Let's hope that Yeovil are not on an upwards surge ...well at least until after 5pm next Saturday evening.

dervite and wiggins best players? I must have been watching a different game, thought they were 2 of the worst.
  • Options

dervite and wiggins best players? I must have been watching a different game, thought they were 2 of the worst.

Me too

• Options
    Dervite is proper shit
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Me too

Probably the worst I have seen Wiggins play, he and Wilson competing for worst players of the match today.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Posting without reading.

Hamer Alnwick worked harder in the first 5 minutes before Ipswich scored than Gherkin did all game.

Rhoys Wiggins having arguably our best attempt on goal tells you all you need to know about our attacking abilities (or severe lack thereof) today.

The midfield vanished today. In slight mitigation young Cousins probably hasn't faced 3 games of this intensity before but no excuses for the others.

I've seen worse so know I'm over reacting but I feel very despondent after that.

I will be delighted to be in 21st position after 46 matches because I cannot see us doing much better.
  • Options

Dervite is proper shit

Must have seen a different game from me then mate because I actually thought he did ok.
  • Options
    Although I like JJ and has been one of our best players over the last 3 seasons, I think his time is up, unless he plays more in the centre, but then that messes up the flourishing partnership between Stephens & Cousins. Time after time today Wiggy would cross the half way line with the ball either to cut inside & lose it or pass it to JJ...........who would then promptly pass it back to Wiggy and any attack would break down, JJ doesn't have the pace to beat a defender and so being on the left wing defeats the object - and he doesn't cut inside with it either - so whats the point ??

I'm sorry, but until we go 4-4-2 with Harriott & Stewart as the wingers then we are going to continue to struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The table doesn't lie....and we're below Doncaster.

Some good bits;

Alnwick's first couple of minutes....four good/great saves.
    Alnwick's handling was excellent.
    Stephens' overhead kick pass to the wing.
    Jackson's 2nd half cross which was crying out to be attacked.

But these crumbs are far outweighed by another home game devoid of entertainment. Once you'd seen the first five minutes you might as well have gone home.

• Options
    edited November 2013

Dervite is proper shit

Must have seen a different game from me then mate because I actually thought he did ok.
    I must have been watching a different game to you too as I thought Dervite was shit too.
  • Options
    I thought wiggins was ok.Dont forget he had a tired jackson on the left with him.Critisism of wilson also should be tempered by the fact that an anonymous stewart was in front of him.
  • Options
    In my view Dervite played well.
  • Options
    shockingly awful
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    timken said:

I thought wiggins was ok.Dont forget he had a tired jackson on the left with him.Critisism of wilson also should be tempered by the fact that an anonymous stewart was in front of him.

Sorry both fullbacks were poor and irrespective of who their teammate in front of them was there is no excuse for continually giving the ball away to a blue shirt, skying it or running down blind alleys. Whilst there might be blue in the American flag it is not in our team colours yet lads! Trouble is next up Reading play in blue :-(
  • Options
    Wiggy was very poor today but Dervite did ok.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

In my view Dervite played well.

I'm not convinced by Dervite, but watched him bit more closely second half and he didn't do much wrong in my opinion. He can look a bit casual at times and spoon a moving ball, but he does the job. Wood just inspires more confidence for me.

Apart from the first 5 mins, thought the defence were solid, but then once Ipswich scored they hardly attacked and instead just got men behind the ball and closed down our midfield and wingers very quickly-hence Dale and Jordan being forced sideways or backwards.

Needed another Ric Fuller special to break that lot today.

• Options
    Poor game, Ipswich went for it from the start got their goal and were happy to defend it for the rest of the game. We lacked invention to create chances in the final third and it was another even Championship game with little quality from either side. Subs were like for like almost and CP should have been bolder and thought about a change of formation to get Ipswich thinking.

Desperately hope a takeover happens so we can see some improvements in the squad
  • Options

JT said:

First game seeing us "live" this season apart from Millwall.

You've seen 2 absolute crackers then!!
    Honestly awful