Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Ipswich Town post match views 2013

12346»

Comments

• Options
    No surprises for me.

Donny gave us plenty of space, tried to attack us & we won, as we usually do.

Ipswich took the lead, defended with everyone behind the ball, closed us down, gave us no space & won as those type of teams usually do.

It's been happening for 15 months, hasn't it ?
  • Options
    It has indeed.
  • Options

Ipswich took the lead, defended with everyone behind the ball, closed us down, gave us no space & won as those type of teams usually do.

Away from home, aren't Charlton one of " those type of teams".......... ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Away from home, aren't Charlton one of " those type of teams".......... ?

Yep and bloody good at it.
  • Options
    We were battered in the first five minutes - Ipswich could have scored three - then frittered 85 minutes with powder-puff football: misplaced passes, over-hit crosses, shots sliced or shanked. Grim stuff, nothing even remotely dangerous or entertaining. When your hopes are raised by Danny Green coming on as a sub, you know we're in deep trouble.

I expect we will avoid relegation by a few points - and Chris Powell and many Lifers will hail that as a victory in the face of financial adversity. Those low ambitions simply aren't good enough for me or thousands of others.