Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out (Like or LOL)

edited December 2013 in General Charlton
(Ed. If you agree with the opening post LIKE button, if you.disagree LOL button)

Well all the teams below us have sacked their manager and were 1 point off the bottom three. You may comment the board have gave him no funds but his tactics are terrible. It's only my view but I'm sure that many people will agree with me.

Comments

• Options
    Like if you agree, Lol if you don't...
  • Options
    That's a LOL from me.............
  • Options
    And who replaces him? Thats what everyone who calls for Powell to go fails to add on. The club cant afford to sack him and they definately cant afford to employ someone else on a contract. So i ask everyone who wants CP sacked, who the hell do you want to come to Charlton?
  • Options
    Sorry WSS lol ed the wrong one, I don't mean you!
  • Options
    ...and with all that money we spent the last two summers.
  • Options

...and with all that money we spent the last two summers.

He did buy Wilson and Button to be fair

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's on the wrong forum.
  • Options
    He bought Button on hp and therefore had to sell him on. And Wilson is decent.
  • Options
    The little comments not helping really is it?
    Personally i feel Powell has his limitations but sacking him would be potentially disastrous for the club, the board don't do him any favours at all and let's face it he's working with a bunch of league 1 players. Good league 1 players but we still lack quality. Fair enough sometimes his tactics are questionable ( 4-5-1 home?) but he has done well for the club and will continue too do well with a little backing/investment.
  • Options
    I would love CP to succeed but with the current squad it doesn't look good. If things don't pick up his days are numbered.
  • Options
    This is probably the same guy that was kicked out of upper north today
  • Options
    Jesus that must have hurt.
  • Options
    Couldn't go today but just seen the picked team so for me it's time for a change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going by some of the comments on here, I'd almost like to see him walk, end up at a club that back him financially and watch him flourish.

Will probably be laughed at for saying this but for me Powell is very similar to Martinez.

Managing / Struggling at a club where its difficult to bring in the players you want because of location / budget etc... Goes somewhere else and is a complete revelation
  • Options
    HA ha ha aha ha aha ha ha...

;0)
  • Options
    lol! thanks Soapy :)
  • Options
    People that say "Powell out" should be slapped round the face with a wet fish. You need to go further then an understanding of football and try and understand reality.
  • Options
    I must admit I've lost the plot so I don't know anymore. Help me mummy.
  • Options
    I've voted 'no' despite writing on a much earlier post that asked the same question, if we were in the mire @ C'Mas he should be gone ... 2 Things lead me to say no: 1) Powell just needs another chance or three to make the best of his limited resources, why the f**k does he keep tinkering with the line ups ? .... and:
    2) No-one would take on the job except some dodgy chancer .. if we can't afford at least one decent player for Powell to strengthen the side, we sure can't afford one experienced manager who's used to trouble shooting
  • Options

I've voted 'no' despite writing on a much earlier post that asked the same question, if we were in the mire @ C'Mas he should be gone ... 2 Things lead me to say no: 1) Powell just needs another chance or three to make the best of his limited resources, why the f**k does he keep tinkering with the line ups ? .... and:
    2) No-one would take on the job except some dodgy chancer .. if we can't afford at least one decent player for Powell to strengthen the side, we sure can't afford one experienced manager who's used to trouble shooting

Tend to agree with this Lincs
  • Options
    No post match words yet as far as I can tell. Bit late?
  • Options
    It is with great regret that I have come round to the fact that we need a change to have any chance of retaining our Championship status. Powell, for me, has lost it, Pritchard being played just behind Kermy please, what a disastrous move. Too much tinkering every match with the formations and personnel. Just play your best team Chris, try and impose ourselves on the opposition. He is a lovely man and a Charlton legend, but it is imperative that we retain our Championship status and I can't see it happening under Mr Powell.