Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out (Like or LOL)

Comments

• Options
    I can't work the bloke out. Why has he gone so negative. I have never felt so depressed at the Valley. There is zero atmosphere, or there was until Harriot and Church came on and livened things up. But for 65 minutes there was nothing to get remotely excited about. What's the point of playing two wingers but only one striker playing more in midfield than up front. I don't want him to go, but unless he changes his thinking, we are going down.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Just a question; IF we were taken over and a few million was made available for CP to spend in Jan, but there was still no improvement, would you think it right to sack the fella then?

it ain't what you got it's the way that you use it .. Bananarama Logic
  • Options
    I'm a Powell fan and in all honesty I probably do cut him some slack because if who he is and his history with us. Would I be so sympathetic to an other? Probably not. The reason for this is that we are in a mess and I believe what is going on behind the scenes is causing far more concern and discord to the manager and his players than is being presented.
    Therefore, he is not just the best man for the job but the only man for the job as more than any other manager out there he has us and all the other staff at the club as his major concerns.

Part of the reason that we give such a damn about him is because he gives a damn about us.
  • Options
    Fans play a massive part and can be a big influence.

I don't want Powell sacked it would be wrong and it's not the solution to the clubs problem. I would absolutely hate it if he got sacked.

The manager and players need more of the responsibility heaped on there shoulders though. We have been partly unlucky in some games but if your not putting it in the back of the net you are not doing your job.

We can say we have a bit of a weak team where maybe some players belong in league 1, but that's the wrong attitude. Every defeat is not the boards fault. They have not made the season any easier with their lack of supporting funds for the manager, but still, at the end of the day we just need to be better on the pitch and the players need to whole heartedly believe in themselves otherwise we will get relegated.

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Just a question; IF we were taken over and a few million was made available for CP to spend in Jan, but there was still no improvement, would you think it right to sack the fella then?

If my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

Typical
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Big Rob, I know you live abroad and I assume that you probably don't see that many of our games in the flesh but I think that Chris Powell has definitely improved the way that the current squad plays (I sat next to a neutral today who thought that the way we played the game was more like a draw rather than a 2 -0 home defeat) . What Chris Powell can't do is turn a is turn a silk purse out of a sow's ear - not many managers can.

The results haven't been there, true, but we are playing better football with the resources that we have so on balance Chris Powell has made improvements.

Your question about whether to sack him if he had funds in January and there was no improvement is fine but it presupposes that there will be funds available. I'm not a keep Chris Powell at all costs person but until we have someone better who can operate within our financial straightjacket then I can't see anyone better on the horizon at the moment.
  • Options
    Can someone from the Powell love-in camp PLEASE explain his tactics today. Pritchard playing as the lone striker......??? what was that all about. Yes CP has done brilliantly over the last 3 years - got us promoted out of League 1and kept us up last season without spending hardly any money. However, its times like these that cream rises to the top, and today shows that CP has lost the plot.

Powell Out - Like.
  • Options

Can someone from the Powell love-in camp PLEASE explain his tactics today. Pritchard playing as the lone striker......??? what was that all about. Yes CP has done brilliantly over the last 3 years - got us promoted out of League 1and kept us up last season without spending hardly any money. However, its times like these that cream rises to the top, and today shows that CP has lost the plot.

Powell Out - Like.

Pritchard wasn't playing as a lone striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL ...............
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Big Rob, I know you live abroad and I assume that you probably don't see that many of our games in the flesh but I think that Chris Powell has definitely improved the way that the current squad plays (I sat next to a neutral today who thought that the way we played the game was more like a draw rather than a 2 -0 home defeat) . What Chris Powell can't do is turn a is turn a silk purse out of a sow's ear - not many managers can.

The results haven't been there, true, but we are playing better football with the resources that we have so on balance Chris Powell has made improvements.

Your question about whether to sack him if he had funds in January and there was no improvement is fine but it presupposes that there will be funds available. I'm not a keep Chris Powell at all costs person but until we have someone better who can operate within our financial straightjacket then I can't see anyone better on the horizon at the moment.
    How can you possibly know I live abroad? I never talk about it!

I don't comment on player performance's because I live in France (you brought it up!), but as a manager is generally judged on the results I feel I can have an opinion from a far (France). Also you get a good idea of his tactics etc just from match reports, what can't speak can't lie. CP out from me too
  • Options
    LOL. Chris is doing the best job he can in a swamp of uncertainty. He stays, gamblers go soon hopefully....
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

Typical
    That may have been a "Typical" response mate, but I did reply in a more serious way! I genuinely would be ready to show him the door, and probably print his P45 off myself - but it hasn't happened and I don't think it would work out that way anyway; with a bit of cash he's a good spender.
  • Options

So we are looking at the moment around 94% in support of Powell

I bet there aren't many teams in this division that has a 94% of the fans behind their manager. It's good to see.
  • Options

Powell Out - Like.

Golfie I know you were there so I can only assume you've been mistaking Kermorgant and Pritchard for the last couple of seasons....
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

BIG_ROB said:

PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

PopIcon said:

BIG_ROB said:

Typical
    That may have been a "Typical" response mate, but I did reply in a more serious way! I genuinely would be ready to show him the door, and probably print his P45 off myself - but it hasn't happened and I don't think it would work out that way anyway; with a bit of cash he's a good spender.
    I was talking to PopIcon pal
  • Options
    I worry for him.
    If form doesn't pick up something has to change, the obvious is a takeover but if that doesn't materialised than I wouldn't be surprise if they make a change.

I honestly think they don't want to make a decision because they don't intend to be around much longer, if they was seriously going to pull the trigger at home to Cardiff last year it does make you wonder what the mindset is.
  • Options
    He's just run out of ideas for me - the use of Pritchard today was woeful and giving a striker 5 mins at the end is shocking. We need new ideas soon - the players are not responding to him .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2013
    There could be more votes for "Powell in" than "yes'" for the ACV at this rate. ;-)
  • Options

Powell Out - Like.

Pritchard playing as a lone striker?

This seriously discredits your point.
    Looked like it at times though with Kermy dropping deep all the time. Kermy can't play the up top roll because he likes to drop deep. If anything you'd play Kermy in the hole behind a big lump. Someone like Helguson.

• Options
    If Chris did go ( I hope not ) as the club has no money they would have to promote from existing staff and like before it would end in a total fu-ck up.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Powell Out - Like.

Pritchard wasn't playing as the lone striker! Yann was, with Pritchard in the hole where Jackson has played on occasions. I agree it was a strange decision to play Pritch there and would not have been mine but he must have shown he could do it in training during the week. Having said that we were well in the game until their deflected flukey goal and that's when the heads seemed to drop and changes should have been made at half time with at least one more forward on the pitch for Pritchard or Green who apart from a couple of set piece deliveries brought little to the table. Stewart also was pretty ineffective and could easilly have been taken off. CP got it right for 35 minutes but chasing the game is not our strong point with the resources at his disposal, so I guess he wanted to keep things as they were until the hour mark and then try and get at least a point which nearly came off if Morrison had buried that header. So he may be clutching at straws but disagree that he has lost the plot IMO. And again I beg the question who would you replace him with for no outlay? I'll suggest no one because that person doesn't exist!
  • Options

Powell Out - Like.

Looked like it at times though with Kermy dropping deep all the time. Kermy can't play the up top roll because he likes to drop deep. If anything you'd play Kermy in the hole behind a big lump. Someone like Helguson.

This is normal in football though. Of course at times Pritchard was beyond Kermorgant. It's a bit like saying Danny Green was playing right back because he found himself behind Wilson at times.
  • Options
    HexHex
    edited December 2013
    BIG_ROB said:

I don't comment on player performance's because I live in France (you brought it up!), but as a manager is generally judged on the results I feel I can have an opinion from a far (France). Also you get a good idea of his tactics etc just from match reports, what can't speak can't lie. CP out from me too

Sorry but you are fooling yourself if that's all you have to back up your comments.

I'm in the Powell's not perfect camp but to get rid of him now when the most obvious problem to be solved is ownership is stupid. Solve THAT problem first as you may well find out that Powell isn't the problem you think he is. Also, even if we get rich owners next week, getting in the necessary resources in January may just not be possible. I'm afraid we just have to sit back and enjoy the bumpy ride for a while yet.
  • Options

Powell Out - Like.

Sorry , but at no time did it look like Pritchard was playing up front on his own. I agree he was played out of position and it was wrong to play him off of Kermo . There must be other players in the squad who could do that job much better. Stephens maybe.
  • Options

So we are looking at the moment around 94% in support of Powell

I bet there aren't many teams in this division that has a 94% of the fans behind their manager. It's good to see.
    Well it depends on why people are 'behind the manager'. If a reasonable alternative was on offer, I'd probably go for it. But I'm for keeping the current manager because if Powell went I am convinced the owners would go for the cheapo-cheapo Parky cop-out and give the job to Dyer.

If others fear the same outcome of a mangerial change ,it's not hard to see how you end up with 94 per cent "behind" the current manager!

• Options

We need new ideas soon - the players are not responding to him .

Even as a supporter of him, I understand some of the frustrations and criticism, but this I just don't get Andy. Ive admittedly not seen every game, but I've yet to come away from a game in the last weeks feeling the players weren't putting it in, going through the motions, that there was a clear disharmony. Breaking this lack of goals issue is clearly a major problem, but the effort and unity is clearly there In my opinion.
  • Options
    I think though we should use the situation as a seige mentality and use it as a positive, the fcuk it we wont let this beat us, in a way not many other managers in our position would be afforded the level of support Powelly is being given, and that is why I wish he would really go for it, sod why not go 3 up top from the beginning, Kermi, Church,Sordell? Also Piggott got shoved in against Millwall and not seen since. I know our situation could be a advewrse effect, but we as fans need players to latch on to and like Cousins he could help, I really get the feeling he is a intelligent player a la Sheringham