Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out (Like or LOL)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013

playing Piggott against Millwall did it for me.

So because he played piggot against Millwall it means he doesn't have a clue? Your an idiot! If you saw Piggot in the reserves last season you would have given him a go but I'm guessing you didn't see him? Clueless twat!
  • Options

Scoham said:

I am a big supporter of CP and am willing him to succeed. He obviously hasn't been allowed to strengthen the squad as he had wished. However I do believe the the current group of players should be doing a lot better than they are and that they are not is down to CP and his coaching staff. I thought he got the starting line up wrong today. Kermy drops too deep to play the up top role and I don't think the answer to not scoring goals is to play one striker. We need to stick to 4-4-2 and stop tinkering. And although changes were needed, and too late in my opinion, I thought subbing Green was unwise and not needed. If our owners had any money I'm sure CP would have gone by now. He's clinging on because they can't afford to dispense with his services.

Interesting you say "much better" - what do you think this squad should/could achieve? For me it's a bottom 5 squad in this league. The midfield hasn't really improved since winning League 1 and we're weaker up front than last season.
    I didn't though. I said 'a lot' better. I think we should be just below mid table. Not great but better. We have had plenty of seasons recently without a goalscorer but a lot of the midfield have chipped in. That isn't happening now. We are not enough attack minded. We are under performing at the moment in my opinion.

Sorry you did. I was more getting at the suggestion this squad should be doing more than just fighting relegation. If most of this squad are released at the end of their contracts I don't think we'll see many play regularly for mid table (or better) Championship sides next season.

Agree we're under performing right now - 4 points from the last 7 games isn't form that'll keep us up.
  • Options

We need new ideas soon - the players are not responding to him .

Even as a supporter of him, I understand some of the frustrations and criticism, but this I just don't get Andy. Ive admittedly not seen every game, but I've yet to come away from a game in the last weeks feeling the players weren't putting it in, going through the motions, that there was a clear disharmony. Breaking this lack of goals issue is clearly a major problem, but the effort and unity is clearly there In my opinion.
    Agree, AFKA.

So, Andy, bring in a new manager ( costing the owners money) , but still fail to give him funds to invest in the squad as there isn't any ?

Do you seriously think that "SCP's players" ( who it's well known have huge respect for him) would immediately respond to the newbie, whilst still being no clearer as to their future after June ?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to spend said money on allowing him to bring in at least a couple of new players to strengthen the squad and/or agree new contracts with the likes of Wiggins & Stephens ?

Answers on a pc , please !

• Options
    Rotherham haven't spent http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rotherham-united/transfers/verein_1194.html just used loans and free transfers better than us.

Palace could afford Phillips, but we afforded Fuller, but there wernt a lot of difference between those two deals.

Surprise surprise, Donny have not spent much either http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/doncaster-rovers/transfers/verein_2454.html

Burnley also have not re invested the Austin money http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/burnley-fc/transfers/verein_1132.html

Granted Clough spent money at Derby, and greatly under achieved, but it just shows you what top class coaching and player motivation can give you.

• Options
    Soapy although you have to be a real fan to regularly turn up and watch the sh*t on display this season, I agree that it's all about results. If Powell was sacked and we won 5 on the trot, people would forget about Powell quickly. With Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parkinson it was clear that the crowd had turned just before they were asked to leave. I don't think that we're there yet. I'm not optimistic though, I expect to be watching L1 next year.
  • Options

Could someone help us fucking idiots and a clueless twats out here and explain why Piggott was a good good selection for that

• Options
    ... match?
  • Options

playing Piggott against Millwall did it for me.

So because he played piggot against Millwall it means he doesn't have a clue? Your a fucking idiot! If you saw Piggot in the reserves last season you would have given him a go but I'm guessing you didn't see him? Clueless twat!
    That's a bit harsh Francis - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I saw Piggot in pre-season at Thurrock, you can see potential but he's not ready for the first team & especially in a home derby!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rotherham haven't spent http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rotherham-united/transfers/verein_1194.html just used loans and free transfers better than us.

Palace could afford Phillips, but we afforded Fuller, but there wernt a lot of difference between those two deals.

Surprise surprise, Donny have not spent much either http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/doncaster-rovers/transfers/verein_2454.html

Burnley also have not re invested the Austin money http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/burnley-fc/transfers/verein_1132.html

Granted Clough spent money at Derby, and greatly under achieved, but it just shows you what top class coaching and player motivation can give you.

But Powell wasn't allowed to keep Fuller despite him helping us finish 9th. He goes to Blackpool and is doing well for them. Meanwhile we have nothing like him. Powell has to make do with Reading cast offs and a player Bolton don't want.

Donny HAVE spent. Machada is a man u player. But we still played them off the park last month.

Rotherham HAVE spent. Loans and frees still cost but they are still a division below us so budget is not comparable. Plus Steve Evens is a crook. Then again TJ might like that.

Burney have kept they squad strong and did spend the rodriques money. But Dyche is doing well there.

Clough spent big and McClaren inherited a strong squad. Someone taking over from Powell would have maybe 10 or 12 good Championship players and some kids. If you take out any of those 12 we are struggling as you can see when no Solly or JJ.
  • Options

Get real you fucking idiots calling Powell out! Look at the resources he's had! He has been in charge two full seasons and he has finished as champions and then 9th in the championship! He has had no backing from the board over the summer hense why we did not pay money for any player!! Give the guy a chance ffs

The past is not relevant - this season is all that matters. He has wasted money on Gower, Sordell, Church and many others. He has had backing... It's just dried up - if he had spent better, we wouldn't be 21st
  • Options
    I'm sorry but this thread is a fraud. All the OP was after was building up his reactions count.

I wish I'd thought of it.
  • Options

So we are looking at the moment around 94% in support of Powell

Better change the banner at the top of the page. "94% Support"
  • Options

We need new ideas soon - the players are not responding to him .

Even as a supporter of him, I understand some of the frustrations and criticism, but this I just don't get Andy. Ive admittedly not seen every game, but I've yet to come away from a game in the last weeks feeling the players weren't putting it in, going through the motions, that there was a clear disharmony. Breaking this lack of goals issue is clearly a major problem, but the effort and unity is clearly there In my opinion.
    Agree, AFKA.

So, Andy, bring in a new manager ( costing the owners money) , but still fail to give him funds to invest in the squad as there isn't any ?

Do you seriously think that "SCP's players" ( who it's well known have huge respect for him) would immediately respond to the newbie, whilst still being no clearer as to their future after June ?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to spend said money on allowing him to bring in at least a couple of new players to strengthen the squad and/or agree new contracts with the likes of Wiggins & Stephens ?

Answers on a pc , please !

I never said change the manager... I said the players weren't responding. You need to stop loving the boss, the club is more important. I don't think he has enough experience for this situation, but I have never said sack him. I might soon!!!
  • Options
    When Powell had backing two seasons ago, he did well. In fact, he did bloody well as his team won League One with over 100 points. Get someone in to back him again and I don't doubt we'll climb the table. If he fails with backing then perhaps it's time to part ways but the man at least deserves a fair crack at this level after what he did to pull us out of the mess of L1.

Comparing this team to Bournemouth, Rotherham, Palace, Donny and Bradford was pretty funny though. Thanks for that one.
  • Options
    100 % Behind SCP
  • Options

Get real you fucking idiots calling Powell out! Look at the resources he's had! He has been in charge two full seasons and he has finished as champions and then 9th in the championship! He has had no backing from the board over the summer hense why we did not pay money for any player!! Give the guy a chance ffs

The past is not relevant - this season is all that matters. He has wasted money on Gower, Sordell, Church and many others. He has had backing... It's just dried up - if he had spent better, we wouldn't be 21st
    Who are the "many others"? If the past is not relevant you can't be talking about signings in previous seasons.

Admittedly Gower's not been a good signing. Sordell and Church reflect the quality we could afford to bring in. If it wasn't them it would have been someone else unwanted by other Championship clubs.

While they're not free I'm not sure I'd call having 3 senior strikers backing. It was pretty much the minimum they had to do to give us a chance of staying up. I'm sure they're costing us a lot less than Yann, BWP, Haynes, Fuller, Obika and Hulse did last season.
  • Options

Do you seriously believe that last May CP had Sordell and Church down as his striker solutions? Seriously?
    Those two are the equivalent of the last desperate attempt at a pick up in the club just before the lights go up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm confused (nothing new there) in that many on here blame the Board and want to get rid. However, they have been incredibly loyal to the manager they first appointed and supported him since day one. I further understand that CAFC will only just about stay within the current FFP debt requirements this season thus narrowly avoiding a FFP fine.

So I will be most grateful to learn how the manager has not been supported by the board.

If no reasonable explanation is forthcoming I can only deduce that the responsibility for the current under performance must lie with the player management and not the Board???
  • Options
    it seems to wind you and others up so much that some fellow fans choose to show a bit of loyalty to someone and believe there to be a bigger picture. I just don't get it.
  • Options
    Defended Powell a lot since hes been manager, laughed at those who kept criticizing his late subs.

Dont think he has done that well. Lack of support from owners is a good excuse even if it is true.
    The football as been constant shit.
    It was obvious we needed to improve the team in the summer and the owners didnt do sod all but to be honest the team Powell built back when they were supporting him was built to be a championship team anyway.

Owners are shit.
    Powell is poor.

• Options

it seems to wind you and others up so much that some fellow fans choose to show a bit of loyalty to someone and believe there to be a bigger picture. I just don't get it.

Spin that right on its head, like I said before, why is it so unbelievable that some of the support think a change is due? It ain't nothing personal against CP...

I can understand the argument that some think it better that CP stays for whatever reason, but I don't understand some declaring their undying love for the geezer. From what I can see its the pro CP posters who are finding it hard to except another opinion.
  • Options
    Take the nonsense of SCP out of the equation if it was any othet man in charge of the club how many would want the manager given results and tatics. Do you see any light at the end of the tunnel?. A new man needs to come in with fresh ideas, kick a few backsides and make the players realise that they have to fight for their position. Football is a results based industry now not one which means we like our manager and want to see him jumping out of a tunnel a few times a season.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I can understand the argument that some think it better that CP stays for whatever reason, but I don't understand some declaring their undying love for the geezer. From what I can see its the pro CP posters who are finding it hard to except another opinion.
    Nail.......Head

Thanks BR

Goodnight
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Spin that right on its head, like I said before, why is it so unbelievable that some of the support think a change is due? It ain't nothing personal against CP...

Massively agree there.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

On a more serious note, where do the Powell-outers think our current squad should be in the table? We've not paid a transfer fee since we bought Wilson for £400k, we've let Haynes, BWP and Fuller go and replaced with Church on a free and Sordell on loan, both signed two days before the start of the season. He's having to motivate a squad.which, as well as being weakened since last season, it's also full of players who are out of contract in the summer. Foundations for a successful team - I think not. Would be no shame in being rock bottom and without a point against that background. Our manager has had one season with proper resources to work with and won the league by a distance. A low budget side not being able to beat a well-financed side is nothing to do with tactical ineptitude. Have a rethink about where to direct your vitriol.

This is the sound of a nail being hit on the head