Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Out (Like or LOL)

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand why everyone holds him in this god like position, he's not good enough IMO, we need to give someone else a chance to try turn it around
  • Options

I don't understand why everyone holds him in this god like position, he's not good enough IMO, we need to give someone else a chance to try turn it around

A name ?

• Options
    Who? Other than half the people on CL obviously?
  • Options

I honestly would give anyone a chance tbh, I wouldn't really care who, we need someone fresh.

I'll come in and do it then... If thats the measure of your argument
  • Options
    LOL. I think he got the tactics spot on today. We won the battle for midfield, we had some misfortune with their first goal. Derby are a top team in the league and we matched them today, only they had a bit of luck. eo.
  • Options
    We couldn't afford another manager!

I feel sorry for Powell, he's not had the funds to bring in the players he's wanted (or needed) over the last two summers, however, he seems to have lost it with the current crop, he has no idea what his best 11 is or even his preferred formation - I'm torn on this one...
  • Options

I honestly would give anyone a chance tbh, I wouldn't really care who, we need someone fresh.

If this was any another manager in charge with us doing so poorly, and the same situation with the board, I can guarentee that everyone would be screaming for us to go.

Just out of interest, why do people think he's the only person who can get us out of this position, when he is one of the reasons we're in it?

I think it's the feeling that the club is so unstable that bringing somebody else in will just make that worse. It's not as if we're a well run club with a crap manager. We're a badly run club with a manager who's trying to do his best under the circumstances and bringing somebody new in to that mix might just be a recipe for disaster. On the other hand……...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Who? Other than half the people on CL obviously?

Who knows? Another rookie who might come in and breath a bit of fresh air with some new ideas. Is it that absurd to think its time for a change?
  • Options
    Your right greenie jr the reason we are in this postition a championship team is powell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And who's make the decision of the new manager? The top table who really don't give a shit?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

If this was any another manager in charge with us doing so poorly, and the same situation with the board, I can guarentee that everyone would be screaming for us to go.

Just out of interest, why do people think he's the only person who can get us out of this position, when he is one of the reasons we're in it?

Even if someone else could do a better job, if Powell went the current owners would save money by giving the job to Dyer, just like the last clueless owners paid off Pardew and thought it would be a top wheeze to give his job to his even more useless assistant.

Be careful what you wish for...

• Options
    Will Powell get the dreaded public vote of confidence from the owners mouth?

Not a chance in hell!

He stays.
  • Options

You can't seriously think that "anybody" would be better? The Dowie-Reed-Pardew-Parky years are too close to think that things couldn't get any worse. A new manager could help but it's a risk and it's not like they would be able to bring in their own players.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    WSS said:

And who's make the decision of the new manager? The top table who really don't give a shit?

surely wrong .. the 'top table' might not be dedicated CAFC fans but they are businessmen/dealers trying to sell the club, at least so we are led to believe. I am sure that they give more than 'a shit' about money. A championship club with CAFC's facilities and structures (despite debts and no money) is worth more than most 1st Division clubs, possibly with the exception of (e.g.) The Blades and Wolves ... CAFC in the Championship would fetch more money for a seller than it would were it in the 1st Division
  • Options
    made all the right decisions today, can barely think of anything he has done wrong, stupidest thing possible to do now would be to sack him! Its not always the manager's fault, certainly the budget and several refs dont seem to have helped us - particularly the leeds game. Im a qualified ref so I can say that.
  • Options
    I am a big supporter of CP and am willing him to succeed. He obviously hasn't been allowed to strengthen the squad as he had wished. However I do believe the the current group of players should be doing a lot better than they are and that they are not is down to CP and his coaching staff. I thought he got the starting line up wrong today. Kermy drops too deep to play the up top role and I don't think the answer to not scoring goals is to play one striker. We need to stick to 4-4-2 and stop tinkering. And although changes were needed, and too late in my opinion, I thought subbing Green was unwise and not needed. If our owners had any money I'm sure CP would have gone by now. He's clinging on because they can't afford to dispense with his services.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still think we would be worse off without Powell!
    I wonder what the board think?
  • Options
    So we are looking at the moment around 94% in support of Powell
  • Options
    Shrewd move to get the LOL count up.

Any significance in my being number 69 I wonder?
  • Options
    Just a question; IF we were taken over and a few million was made available for CP to spend in Jan, but there was still no improvement, would you think it right to sack the fella then?
  • Options
    On the coach on the way home we happened to play the DVD from CP's first season in charge. At the end was an interview with Slater. Yes he does exist and does talk. He said that CP would be backed to assemble a squad capable of getting out of League One AND competing competitively in the Championship. The former happened whilst the latter hasn't. At lot of the current players were bought on the basis that thy would become good Championship players. I would contend that most of them are not good enough. That was a call made by CP. Of course they needed to be supplemented by further decent purchases but I don't think it has helped that some are not up to the task in hand.
  • Options
    Tbh think our good league position last season has got people ahead of themselves. Last year i'd have taken anything that wasn't relegation. My expectations are the same this year. Squad needs an injection of quality and has done since we came up - people need to get realistic and stop adding to any possible negativity around the club. And the players should be playing out of their skins to keep their jobs, we don't owe them a living.
  • Options

Give me strength. It's this kind of short sighted, knee-jerk reaction that puts football teams in the messes they get into. Powell has consistently overachieved with Charlton and now we're struggling in a season where we have had no investment whatsoever in the squad. The lack of investment has affected us up front and as a result we struggle to score goals. If there's no money to refresh the squad up front that's not going to change. What good is paying out to get rid of the manager and replace him with any old person? All that does it put us in more financial mess without any changes in attack. Why not get Dowie back in, he's free..
    Agree. SCP is a good manager and is our best chance of staying up. The problem lies with the lack of support from the board.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    BIG_ROB said:

Just a question; IF we were taken over and a few million was made available for CP to spend in Jan, but there was still no improvement, would you think it right to sack the fella then?

Honestly? Yeah, I probably would.

There's no more hiding behind "He hasn't had the support" or "He hasn't got the quality he needs available to him". The fact remains that last time he was given the opportunity to buy a few players and arrange the team to his liking, he did bloody well.

How about another one: IF we got to the Premier League last season, didn't invest any money and then found ourselves with 4 points out of 21 - would you be wanting Powell's P45 given to him or would you be thinking "Jesus christ, he's trying to make wine from water."? Similar scenario, just not quite as extreme.
  • Options

A name ?