Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton vs. Charlton 2013 | Post Match Views

Better than most expected.

Comments

• Well played Charlton... A good draw at a bogie ground we've not won at since 2002

Sounds like Bolton battered at the defence but they held out in the second half which is a plus point to take away (bit of match fitness for Solly as well).

And have moved a point away from the dotted line...
  • A good result no doubt but we need to start winning games
  • Wrote my comment on the match thread but you closed it while I was writing. Bah Humbug
  • To stay up we need to beat the teams around us and in my opinion a draw is not good enough
  • edited December 2013
    A decent point when the teams directly around us did poorly. Sounds like we started brightly then had to dig in for a well earned draw.
    Who's ready for the slating of Powell for how he used his subs?
  • edited December 2013
    Well done the Addicks. Stopped the rot with an away point we'd have all taken before the start of play.

Sounds like there we're some decent attacking spells when we were on top too. Good signs I'd suggest.

We are not down and if we do go down, it'll be kicking and screaming.
  • We needed something from that and we got it. The important thing now is we build on it.
  • Good point. We always lose there.
    Next 2 home games are massive. Need 4 points minimum.
  • We have so few options in our squad. Sounds like a decent point which I never expected us to get. It's going to be a real battle to avoid relegation however, I just can't see where the goals are going to come from.
  • Sponsored links:

• We needed something from that and we got it. The important thing now is we build on it.

This!
    Two home games where we need performance and results - and no more injuries. That starting line up today is good and it sounds like we held out for a decent away point.

• Kermorgant scoring is a major plus. He took a few games to get going after last season's injury lay off and it's been the same this season.
  • Good point well done. Not sure about the substitutions but they could well be dictated by the dearth of depth, so will worry about that for Boxing day.
  • Thing is, our bench looks so weak without Sordell on it that I don't think he had a lot of scope to change it anyway. Excellent point, well done Chris and the team.
  • Delighted with a point.

Well done SCP and the lads.

Other results (more or less) in our favour too.
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks especially to Seth for up-to-the-minute reports. A wide disparity of possession: 68% Bolton, 32% us; Bolton 19 shots, us 9. Given all that, a draw is an achievement. Wendies, Yeovil and Donny lost; Barnsley drew.
  • edited December 2013

To stay up we need to beat the teams around us and in my opinion a draw is not good enough

In this league, if we beat "the teams around us" with any sort of regularity, they'd soon no longer be the teams around us. We're in the thick of it because the squad just isn't up to much more.
  • Happy with the point - starting 11 strong, bench today was comfortably L1 standard...
  • I'l take that purely for the fact it means those that only judge a striker on the amount of goals he scores will shut up for at least the first 5 minutes of the Brighton match...
  • edited December 2013
    Kap10 said:

Good point well done. Not sure about the substitutions but they could well be dictated by the dearth of depth, so will worry about that for Boxing day.

Agreed however if fresh legs were required up front, with no striker on the bench CP had no option but to go with another in midfield (Ceddy) and Stewart in the hole when Church was taken off. His non selection of Pigott on the bench is another issue. At least he will have Sordell available on Thursday. Probably our best 11 available out there today and good to see Yann back on the score sheet and a much needed point.
    Edit: I understand that Pigott was unwell so CP 's hands were tied with no striker options on the bench :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Good result against a decent side away from home. If we can get into January without being in the drop zone we can hopefully bring some new faces in and start scoring a few more goals
  • We played really really well and Solly made a big difference. The lads at the back were in good voice throughout. Staff at the ground very friendly.
  • Could of nicked it from tab and solly but a point is fair enough
  • Yann (phone)
  • Yann (phone)

What did he say?
  • Pleased with a point. Our bench today tells us much about the depth of the squad.

After a poor start to the season, Bolton have been in decent form recently. Sounds like a good point well earned.
  • edited December 2013

Yann (phone)

What did he say?
    'Listen carefully, I will say zis only once'
  • is morrison available for Thursday after his booking
  • I believe it was Morro's fourth booking of the season.