Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton vs. Charlton 2013 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Tend to agree with GJ, it does get a lot of people's backs up on here if you criticise Powell and people do go a bit over the top in their defence of him.

BUT this is not really the time or place to be having this discussion (again)

We just got an away point. We scored a goal. Solly played 90mins,....

These are good things, lets not moan when good things happen!
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Curb_It said:

JonnyK said:

Curb_It said:

different thread and comment, sorry for not believing sCP is the messiah, I know it is heresy to some. get over it.

Pratt
    m

I know him so am sure he's not going to be to upset by it. Am sure he's been called worse. He was being his usual Antagonistic self and quite annoying.

But it's very sweet of you to stick up for him.
    Please don't take the Michael as I would do the same for you and anyone else.
    Fair enough. I apologise for "prattgate". It seems to have upset a few and I'm sorry for that.

I don't mind reading people's criticisms of Powell. I even read big robs rants but there's ways of doing it.
  • Options
    youd have thought we lost yeaterday
  • Options
    its the lack of festive ballballs
  • Options

Disagree.

I see tinsel is being phased out. The mrs just wouldn't allow it, "tinsel's old now" she says. If this attitude is spreading it really is no surprise

No tinsel= no Christmas spirit

FACT
  • Options
    see you need the tinsel stringy stuff, I banned tinsel about 4 yrs a go the mrs wenyt out found these little shreds of tinsel and hey presto prob lem solved

maybe if its not ballballs and not tinsel then it must be the lack of mistletoe and wine
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2013
    Just watched the KMG again goal on Championship BBC. KMG really looked like he enjoyed scoring that. Great to see. Excellent to see him back on form. A storming player when in the mood. Great to see Chris Solly and Woods in the defence again. It allows us to play a 442 pretty securely. Great save from the Bolton keeper at the end from KMGs shot that looked goal bound.

Definitely a result to build on for the next important games. Well done to all the travelling addicks fans. Some great match reports on the blogs. Always good to read posts from those at the game on the thread as well. It gives a proper flavour of the game and what happened.
  • Options
    A reasonable result yesterday, but unless we do something soon about our awful home form it won't mean anything
  • Options

Well, we've got a couple of turkeys and the stuffing might arrive at lunchtime on Boxing Day.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2013
    philcafc said:

A reasonable result yesterday, but unless we do something soon about our awful home form it won't mean anything

True enough, Phil but with Solly and Wood back alongside KMG in better form it looks more promising. If we managed to get in a decent loan striker, ontop of that, the team may get a few more goals and we can move up the league.

Looks like Sordell may be going back (For whatever reason, the loan has not worked- so better to try another loan striker), not ITK but from Bolton reports pre and post game, it changed from Sordell staying to Friedman saying that Sordell may need to get another loan to get game time.

• Options
    I hope you are right vff. We certainly have some "winnable" looking home games coming up but we need to take advantage of them.
  • Options
    i saw the picture of kermo scoring on the bbc, looks like everyone really wants to stay up. if we beat sheff wed then we are in pole position to stay up. we are not the only team with problems you know.
  • Options
    highlights off Bolton's website, looks like we could've had a penalty to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3m1fXY5GL4&sns=tw
  • Options
    @Vff. It's Richard Wood. Sort it out vff!
  • Options

@Vff. It's Richard Wood. Sort it out vff!

Didn't get the Richard part wrong, there VM. Sort it out yourself there mate !

• Options
    Looks like the keeper had a good game.
  • Options
    Shocking 'defending' for the Bolton goal - our men standing off, watching the opponent enter the box, control the ball and shoot. Close him down!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    good team selection
    good formation
    good performance except for the finishing, but both sides were guilty of this and at times slack defending ... but Bolton were clever around our box, slick and quick passing ... always the danger of conceding a penalty. Having Solly back and Wood made for a pretty solid defence all in all.
    a decent game to watch, clean; well fought, and reasonably open despite the lack of goals.
    We should have had a penalty for a hand ball late(ish)in the 2nd 1/2.
    Lastly, Dale Stephens' daughter is a little poppet ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

see you need the tinsel stringy stuff, I banned tinsel about 4 yrs a go

Sorry mate, I didn't realise! I carried on using it. I'll get rid.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2013
  • Options

There was a woman shouting all the way through about 6 rows back. Was that you Fanny?

Highly likely, Wheresmeticket.

I don't see the point of going and not making your support heard.

Hope I didn't spoil your afternoon.

Haha is that what it sounded like? No. I just had a feeling it was you, but one doesnt approach women in public spaces and ask them "are you Fanny?".
    Phew ! SO glad to hear I didn't p*ss you off !

Do come & say hello next time , please .

Or just shout " Oi! Fanny!"

• Options

We should have had a penalty for a hand ball late(ish)in the 2nd 1/2.

I think that was the decision that Powell admitted the ref got right and tbh I agree... His hand was behind his body so cant really say hand to ball
  • Options
    Great result,

Shocking 'defending' for the Bolton goal - our men standing off, watching the opponent enter the box, control the ball and shoot. Close him down!

As you say, great result but shocking defending for the equaliser. I assume that a draw was a fair result but just perhaps we might have snatched all three if we had organised ourselves better when they had the ball.

Good to see that Solly made the whole match, he could be so important to us right now.
  • Options

There was a woman shouting all the way through about 6 rows back. Was that you Fanny?

Haha is that what it sounded like? No. I just had a feeling it was you, but one doesnt approach women in public spaces and ask them "are you Fanny?".

I was the one who nearly got smacked in the back of the head when the ball bounced back out of the stands. Twice.
  • Options
    Solly is going to save us. If we can keep hold of him in Jan :0( .The team works better, has more bite when he is on the pitch. He's just got thay spirit.
  • Options

I was the one who nearly got smacked in the back of the head when the ball bounced back out of the stands. Twice.
    Might have helped you remember where your ticket was :0)
  • Options

Fanny is at most if not all away games, so if you can't see her just cry out loudly "has anyone seen fanny"

• Options
    Unlikely anyone will come in for solly with the question marks over his long term fitness