Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton vs. Charlton 2013 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

It's ok saying that you would have took a point ,but if you pay 30 pound for a ticket you expect the team to try and attack instead if being on the back foot for a quarter of the game. Why take Stewart off for Evina and then take Church off for Dervite when you could get more out off the game?

Now if you are gonna complain at least get it right, I was not there but according to @CAFCofficial Church went off for Evina not Stewart, and Dervite came on for Stewart.

Not only that but on your Discussion that got closed you said the first sub was made with 20 minutes to go and the second with 10
    again I am under the impression the first sub was on the 83rd minute and the 2nd on 91st.
  • Options
    There was a woman shouting all the way through about 6 rows back. Was that you Fanny?
  • Options

There was a woman shouting all the way through about 6 rows back. Was that you Fanny?

Highly likely, Wheresmeticket.

I don't see the point of going and not making your support heard.

Hope I didn't spoil your afternoon.

• Options

Shame we don't risk a point to get 3 - surely it would work sometimes? When your in a corner you have to fight to get out of it - cautious coaching filters down to the pitch and makes players nervous. A decent point but.... Could it have been more?

Sometimes, yes, but against a team in a similar position near the bottom of the table at this stage of the season is not a good idea. Screw it up and you not only lose a point but you give two to one of your rivals.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    4 points off the next two games would be great. Especially if we take 3 off wednesday.
  • Options
    Game yesterday showed we are not a bad team, nothing between two sides yesterday that wasn't compensated for on pitch elsewhere. Their 4 terrible hoofer, Wilson erratic crosses. A slip by either and the game would be lost. Over a season we will win enough games to be fine.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

different thread and comment, sorry for not believing sCP is the messiah, I know it is heresy to some. get over it.

Pratt
    </blockquote

Steady on! Sticks and stones and all that.

We all have the right to our opinion but in my book the line is crossed when name calling a member coz you don't like what he says.

Call me old fashioned if you want but SD has made his points which should be respected if not agreed with.

• Options
    SD posted in a sarcastic aggressively negative tone which IMO invited an aggressive reaction.
  • Options

Highly likely, Wheresmeticket.

I don't see the point of going and not making your support heard.

Hope I didn't spoil your afternoon.

Haha is that what it sounded like? No. I just had a feeling it was you, but one doesnt approach women in public spaces and ask them "are you Fanny?".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    @Steve Dowman said:
    oh sorry, didn't realise we had some momentum, the league tables must be lying.

Apology accepted. Just to be clear, I'm not partularly convinced by CP either and our overall standard of footballl this year has been dreadful as reflected in the table. I just choose to see the Bolton result as half decent and with Solly and Wood back and Kermogant scoring a good goal I hope that the team can build on this.

Personally if I felt inclined to post a series of negative, sarcastic and somewhat personalised remarks I'd steer clear of this Forum until I'd got some perspective.
  • Options
    It's a cliche, but Solly will be like a new signing, such is his importance to the team in terms of ability and moral.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    JonnyK said:

Curb_It said:

different thread and comment, sorry for not believing sCP is the messiah, I know it is heresy to some. get over it.

Pratt
    m

I know him so am sure he's not going to be to upset by it. Am sure he's been called worse. He was being his usual Antagonistic self and quite annoying.

But it's very sweet of you to stick up for him.
  • Options

I love this site, I've been coming on it for years, but more and more I'm getting frustrated by the amount of posters who jump on other people who dare to criticise Powell.

It's almost as though unless your opinion isn't one that paints Powell in good light then it's wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how different.

I agree mate. I don't want CP to go. But like you say, everyone is entitled to their views. As long as it don't get too personal/volatile.
  • Options

I love this site, I've been coming on it for years, but more and more I'm getting frustrated by the amount of posters who jump on other people who dare to criticise Powell.

It's almost as though unless your opinion isn't one that paints Powell in good light then it's wrong.

_nam11 said:

I agree mate. I don't want CP to go. But like you say, everyone is entitled to their views. As long as it don't get too personal/volatile.

what a load of bollox, anyone who doesn't agree with every word I say is a dicktard farthead now pish off

8)

• Options

Gurgh. The entitled to opinions thing again. You're entited to your opinion on Powell, just as the other people on this forum are entitled to express theirs. You put an opinion on this site, it's open to praise, criticism and everything inbetween. Same rules apply to all posts. If you claim Powell needs to go, someone will claim it's mad to get rid of him and that's the basis of a debate. I'll never understand why people post opinions and then get so precious about their opinion being critiqued.
  • Options
    what a load of bollox, anyone who doesn't agree with every word I say is a dicktard farthead now pish off

8)

Haha. I like that one. Might use that at work tomorrow...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gurgh. The entitled to opinions thing again. You're entited to your opinion on Powell, just as the other people on this forum are entitled to express theirs. You put an opinion on this site, it's open to praise, criticism and everything inbetween. Same rules apply to all posts. If you claim Powell needs to go, someone will claim it's mad to get rid of him and that's the basis of a debate. I'll never understand why people post opinions and then get so precious about their opinion being critiqued.
    It's not a matter of getting precious, it's just so annoying, literally every time someone says something negative about it they get given stick, it's not a debate when people start being made out to be stupid etc. it makes people not want to post or join this site, and it's so boring to read.

I'm more than happy to have a debate over it, I think I have done a few times.

But in this instance I wasn't talking about a post of mine. I think it was Steve Dowman who said something negative about Powell and got called a Pratt by curb it, where as if he called someone a Pratt for supporting Powell, well could you imagine the uproar?

It's oh so boring now, time to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    I said button it JR

winky winky
  • Options
    I called him a Pratt because of the detrimental way he was speaking to others who had a different opinion to him. Not because he had a different opinion to others. You're being a bit whingy.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

JonnyK said:

Curb_It said:

Pratt
    m

I know him so am sure he's not going to be to upset by it. Am sure he's been called worse. He was being his usual Antagonistic self and quite annoying.

But it's very sweet of you to stick up for him.
    Please don't take the Michael as I would do the same for you and anyone else.
  • Options
    Some posters are saying 'surely you would take a draw and thats what the subs helped to do' but its not a case of making subs and going all guns blazing its a case that after the subs are brought on from powell we just drop soo deep and defensive.
    Thats as dangerous as bringing on a striker is. Every single game it seems that in the last 10 minutes we are clinging on.
    Im not saying bring three attacking players on, but just play as you would from the start, you know what they say, 'attack is the best form of defence'
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2013
    Like Peterborough did last year?
  • Options
    I criticised Powell (a bit) for his negative approach in the later stages of the QPR game but a hard fought point away to Bolton is a different matter. That has to be seen as a positive result. Now we need to impose our game on Brighton at home and not worry too much about who they've got. Only trouble is "our game" is probably to soak up pressure and counter-attack. Very important that we a) score and b) score first.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Like Peterborough did last year?

Well youre a right bellend arnt you, i said not go all guns blazing just bring an attacking player on so we dont have to just hoof the ball to kerm for the last ten mins and hope it sticks. You still have 2 subs to bring whoever you want on
  • Options
    Curbs had the same cautious approach in those boring shit Prem years
    Why the fuck we don't consistantly just go for it I'll never know , I mean with the players we have at our disposal its a given we'd push on and win more than we'd lose