Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton vs. Charlton 2013 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Pigott was ill today hence why not included - otherwise would've made the bench.
  • Options
    o

All the top managers say the same thing - if you can't win, don't lose. The likes of Mourinho, Wenger and Ferguson have all said it. Particularly when you've been losing you have to stop the rot

some of them say we need to win now and then too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Pigott was ill today hence why not included - otherwise would've made the bench.

Cheers for clearing that up which vindicates CP's bench selections and I have edited my earlier post accordingly.
  • Options

yep superb, and with our great home form we will win the league. I hope Spurs don't see this result and think, yep, chris powell is the man for us, anyone that can draw at Bolton is obviously the messiah,

So a sarcy comment about Spurs in this thread and then a repeat of it in the Spanner v Boro thread,with Spurs replaced by Barca. Any danger of some constructive, sensible and decent discussion instead?
  • Options
    different thread and comment, sorry for not believing sCP is the messiah, I know it is heresy to some. get over it.
  • Options
    Not really sure what you're expecting Powell to do. Bring on Danny Green when we're getting battered and create more space for Bolton to attack in?
  • Options
    all in all happy with a point, but we have been ahead in our last 2 away games but have only taken a point from each, which then puts pressure on us to win at home, which we are not very good at. I know a draw is better than a defeat but a win is twice as good as a draw as you get 2extra points.

I know I am seen as a pessimist so I wont say any more - but woe betide the team not getting at least 1 win over the xmas period as I believe we have thrown away points recently.
  • Options
    We'll win Boxing day, put your house on it.
  • Options
    1 want my 30 quid back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

different thread and comment, sorry for not believing sCP is the messiah, I know it is heresy to some. get over it.

Different thread but same comment. Messiah...blah....Barca.....blah...Spurs...blah.....get over it...blah.
  • Options

@Steve D
    Thanks for your insightful contributions on this thread. Good to see you getting behind the team and those that are trying to create some positive momentum on the back of this result.

oh sorry, didn't realise we had some momentum, the league tables must be lying.
  • Options
    we scored a goal, it's a big deal. well done boys.
  • Options
    Bizarre that some don't see this as a decent result.
  • Options

Some are probably concerned about where our next win is going to come from
  • Options

Shame we don't risk a point to get 3 - surely it would work sometimes?

1 in every 5 games it works unfortunately 3 of them you lose and one stays a draw so overall a net loss of a point

• Options
    it doesn't help when sycophants start wondering when the 'haters' are going to come out. no-one, or not many hate CP, if you look back at the like or LOL thread you will see how I voted, some people (myself included) are just a little sceptical of his record, despite the facts, I am not sure we could get anyone better, why is that bizarre, odd, hatred, it is a fact, if we had more money we could, do you lovers really think we are playing well? or are we really just unlucky, every week?
  • Options
    A point away from home is always a good result. I'm sure the whole squad will feel much better after this. Well done Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike said:

Some are probably concerned about where our next win is going to come from
    Which is reasonable, based on form this season, but doesn't mean this result is a bad one.
  • Options
    I felt that Cp's game plan today was all about players not being pulled out of position and giving away goals. The players seemed committed to this, it meant less creativity and chasing around but in terms of getting the point it worked. Curbishley- esque. From the point of view from the match the subs seemed about spot on Stewart pulled up with an injury as was replaced by Ceddy. Fairly like for like but with better defensive back up. At a point where we had to simply survive a lot of Bolton corners Church came off for Dorian which helped us across the finishing line.
  • Options
    13th-21st 50% ....... Third tier chuff again 50%
  • Options

1 in every 5 games it works unfortunately 3 of them you lose and one stays a draw so overall a net loss of a point

I take your point (no pun) - it's just that we have a cautious manager and sometimes you want to have a go!
  • Options
    Shrew said:

I felt that Cp's game plan today was all about players not being pulled out of position and giving away goals. The players seemed committed to this, it meant less creativity and chasing around but in terms of getting the point it worked. Curbishley- esque. From the point of view from the match the subs seemed about spot on Stewart pulled up with an injury as was replaced by Ceddy. Fairly like for like but with better defensive back up. At a point where we had to simply survive a lot of Bolton corners Church came off for Dorian which helped us across the finishing line.

Sounds like SCP did a good job IMO. He knows we don't have the technical ability to spray it around and out-pass teams so he does a job away from home on them in terms of discipline. Fair play.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Dowman must have forgotten to take his happy pills.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Shrew said:

Sounds like SCP did a good job IMO. He knows we don't have the technical ability to spray it around and out-pass teams so he does a job away from home on them in terms of discipline. Fair play.
    just a shame then that he can't do the same at home...........by that I mean that we actually score first at home, which may give the fans something to shout about & the team to hold onto. Everyone on here says what a great point is was today - it was, but only if we go on to win our home games.
  • Options

Shrew said:

just a shame then that he can't do the same at home...........by that I mean that we actually score first at home, which may give the fans something to shout about & the team to hold onto. Everyone on here says what a great point is was today - it was, but only if we go on to win our home games.
    I agree actually. Fingers crossed we get back to regularly earning points away from home again.
  • Options

I take your point (no pun) - it's just that we have a cautious manager and sometimes you want to have a go!
    Didn't work out too well for Peterborough that
  • Options

Pratt