Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton vs. Charlton 2013 | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Hard fought draw, could hav nicked it but so could they, plus points is yann won me 157 quid with that goal. X mas drinks sorted tonight now for the 5 1/2 train journey home
  • Options
    Good point
    Sounds like wood and Solly got a work out!
    3 points on Boxing Day and it will look a bit brighter.
  • Options
    Good point away from home. Need to turn this home form around. Four points from the next 2 home games
  • Options
    It was a strange game. Besides the goals it felt like a friendly, we'd both have been happy with a draw.

We defended well, we had a half-chance with solly in the second half but that was it. The last 10 minutes weren't particularly nervy.

So, overall it was a good point. We were comfortable without threatening, contained them and I suspect job done for SCP. The team deserved their clap at the end.
  • Options
    Take a point but our bench really left us short of options
  • Options
    Decent point after starting well and then stepping off the gas a little as we got 'deeper and deeper' (said the actress to the bishop'). Church ran his socks off as usual and for me, Kermorgant was a different class today! Put himself about, had really decent little touches and flicks that came off and scored a good goal.

Stephens a little disappointing, poor touch and distribution, unusual for him. Stewart had a decent game out wide although at times I think he beats himself with his trickery rather than the opponent. Wiggins played really well and combined well with Stewart.

I don't mind Wilson but today he was not at his best I am afraid.

Generally a decent performance though and once Solly loses the rustiness he will be invaluable once again.

Loads if leg room and the lads in the back row didn't stop singing all game - well done fellas.

As for Yann giving his shirt to a young fan. I think it was merely a Christmas gesture, that's all.

Now chilling in the Mercure Georgian House Hotel waiting for my steak!
  • Options
    A good point as others have said. Need to consolidate in the next few games. Starting from Wednesday on the 28th, all the games in January are winnable (apart from, say, Ipswich). I can see January being a crucial month. That and the start of a cup run will set us up nicely. :-)
  • Options
    It's ok saying that you would have took a point ,but if you pay 30 pound for a ticket you expect the team to try and attack instead if being on the back foot for a quarter of the game. Why take Stewart off for Evina and then take Church off for Dervite when you could get more out off the game?
  • Options

To stay up we need to beat the teams around us and in my opinion a draw is not good enough

Rubbish. In this league the only games you can expect to win away from home are the bottom 3 and even then a shock is never too far away. No one likes not winning but a point away from home is a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's ok saying that you would have took a point ,but if you pay 30 pound for a ticket you expect the team to try and attack instead if being on the back foot for a quarter of the game. Why take Stewart off for Evina and then take Church off for Dervite when you could get more out off the game?

And if we had of gone for it who would you have bought on for your 30 quid?
  • Options
    Thank you , c'est magnifique.

• Options
    He loved that didn't he.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

That's not the point just don't bring on 2 more defenders !
  • Options
    Happy with a point. As AFKA said need to build on that now. Four points minimum from next two home games for me. A defeat against the Wendies is unpalatable.
  • Options
    Would you have been happier if we had gone for it and lost?
  • Options
    Great point considering Boltons recent form, as others have stated, two home games to improve our position.
  • Options
    Rob said:

A good point as others have said. Need to consolidate in the next few games. Starting from Wednesday on the 28th, all the games in January are winnable (apart from, say, Ipswich). I can see January being a crucial month. That and the start of a cup run will set us up nicely. :-)

We are playing the Massive on the 29th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep superb, and with our great home form we will win the league. I hope Spurs don't see this result and think, yep, chris powell is the man for us, anyone that can draw at Bolton is obviously the messiah,
  • Options
    Good point. Need something from Brighton and to beat the wendies
  • Options
    Solly and Wood made us solid, couple of very good saves at each end, thought Yann had won it for us. Wilson weakest link today but not terrible, decent afternoon, onwards and upwards.
  • Options

That's not the point just don't bring on 2 more defenders !

It's very much the point. If you can't think of anyone better to bring on then stop moaning that the wrong decision was made
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Are you sure you was there mate, only I was under the impression Church was subbed first and by Ceddy on 82 mins and Stewart thereafter in the 91st minute by Dervite?
  • Options
    Shame we don't risk a point to get 3 - surely it would work sometimes? When your in a corner you have to fight to get out of it - cautious coaching filters down to the pitch and makes players nervous. A decent point but.... Could it have been more?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Are you sure you was there mate, only I was under the impression Church was subbed first and by Ceddy on 82 mins and Stewart thereafter in the 91st minute by Dervite?
    And stewart limped off according to CaFC twitter