Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    There's room for swap deals between the 2 clubs,

Fulham £300m v charlton £14m is a good comparison as we are at least as big as them and have more potential. I'm told this guy is smart!

After today, I'd be very worried if I was Fulham's owners!

• Options

No one (not noone) has picked up on AB saying that there is other interest.

No idea who that is but I hope we're not going over the same ground we did a few weeks ago when the SLP ran the leaked story of the "british based property developer" and it then turned out it was the American Harris making the running.

Is there other interest and a name, and price, is being leaked (not to the SLP this time) to close a deal quicker or to get a bidding war going?

We shall have to wait and see. Just hope it is sort before the transfer window closes.

"I'll believe it when it is on the OS" : - )

Yeah. The British based bid came straight outta nowhere. Much like the Belgium one . If I was a gambling man I would say they both (leaks)originated from the same place.
    We are as close now as probably we were four weeks ago. At ease

• Options
    and pop that's the def last time I believe any take over again
  • Options

No idea who that is but I hope we're not going over the same ground we did a few weeks ago when the SLP ran the leaked story of the "british based property developer" and it then turned out it was the American Harris making the running.

Is there other interest and a name, and price, is being leaked (not to the SLP this time) to close a deal quicker or to get a bidding war going?

We shall have to wait and see. Just hope it is sort before the transfer window closes.

I had but I've got form for drunken conspiracy theories :S

I'm not at all sure this is done or even near to being done, maybe it's just a press snippet to force the hand of another. I'm not sure who AB's source is but the other comment about it being Kevin Cash's leak to the Mail that started the last lot maybe poignant too.
  • Options

Rothko said:

A middling Premier League club will always make more money then a Belgium club in the Champions League. Suspect the Belgium TV deals are a fraction of those for the Premier League alone

Didn't think mid to lower table prem teams made much money considering the huge increase in running costs?

From a financial perspective, I'd say it was more lucrative to get relegated (Prem to Championship) every 3-4 years and come back up straight away as Champions.
  • Options
    not on OS tho before..
  • Options
    I'd say we are closer this time given the club have announced it's happening.

Someone on into the valley however claims there's a long way to go still

Acworth on into the valley reckons a Russian and chinaman (both of whom he wrote to) are also interested
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Would people complain if we got an up and coming Fellaini (Who started his career at Liege) on loan if we were a Feeder club?

It depends.

If it was just the odd player here and there it wouldn't be a big deal. If Charlton and Standard essentially become the same club, one based in London and one based in Liege, cycling many players from one to the other as per Watford/Udinese then I really wouldn't be up for it - the negatives would outweight the positives for me.

If you want to see what people thought of the Watford/Udinese link up take a look at some of the below - I would hate that to be us - even if we were in the Udinese role.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/56075/watford-sign-7-players
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/53999/watford-placed-under-transfer-embargo-and-former-owner-banned#latest
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1408951#Comment_1408951
    “I would absolutely hate to be a Watford fan”
    “These fans must realise they basically have a bunch of short term players who they probably won't see again after a season or two.”
    “Perhaps that explains their poor atmosphere. Hard to get behind a group of players that aren't a real part of your football club”
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1518837#Comment_1518837
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1300555#Comment_1300555
    “W atford have signed five more Udinese players on loan.

(A total of 10 loanees from Udinese this summer)
    That's just so so silly, would seriously hate it if it happened to charlton.”
    However, against many peoples expectations a lot if those players have ended up staying with Watford. Their plan has worked a lot better than we thought and the Watford fans are a lot happier with it than many realise.
  • Options
    This just sounds like another deliberate leak to the press, complete with quote from Slater, and supported this time by an announcement on the OS, to try & force a conclusion to talks. This could be a very risky strategy. I suspect that there is a way to go yet before anything is concluded.
  • Options
    The thing is no-one claimed they knew anything about this deal until the Mail reported it as being done last night.

With so many different theories appearing about how far down the line the agreement is, I'm more inclined to believe the initial story reported and that the deal will be announced at the game tomorrow. Or is that just me being wildly optimistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be fair i did pick up on what AB said, was told belive it or not something similar what ackers posted on ITTV although point 4 he made qas a little muddled. By the way i dont think ackers could of made that up, he just got a bit muddled repeating what he was told.

• Options
    It is on the OS. First time for any of the takeover 'rumours'. I would say there is a lot more substance in this. Due Diligence has probably been completed and approved.
  • Options

To be fair i did pick up on what AB said, was told belive it or not something similar what ackers posted on ITTV although point 4 he made qas a little muddled. By the way i dont think ackers could of made that up, he just got a bit muddled repeating what he was told.

Interesting....
  • Options
    But as Henry most famously says.....when its on the OS. Untill then i find it funny people comparing us to Watford and how many loans we will have from SL. We will get taken over and any takeover wether we like it or not will eventually se us move from the valley.
  • Options
    razil said:

not on OS tho before..

Meaning you think it could just be a reaction to the DM story?
  • Options

Unless Airman Brown tells you? ;-)

• Options
    Will be interesting to see if Murray keeps his 10% stake.
  • Options

But as Henry most famously says.....when its on the OS. Untill then i find it funny people comparing us to Watford and how many loans we will have from SL. We will get taken over and any takeover wether we like it or not will eventually se us move from the valley.

Moving from the Valley is not part of Duchatelet's plan, I've been told. Worth bearing that in mind when weighing up other aspects of his possible plans, IF he turns out to be our new owner.
  • Options
    Hmmm....

It may be mentioned as being in progress on the OS, but I can't help but feel that this saga has a distance left to run yet. Could this be another attempt to lure other interested parties into firming up/increasing their bids for the club. We shall see.
  • Options
    If.........as you say prague
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton confirm talks w Roland Duchâtelet. Now I know why he was on the same flight to London City a few weeks ago. http://t.co/HpyIhMzctk

— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) December 28, 2013

Just seen this on twitter, suggests it's been going on for a while, hopefully DD is out of the way.
  • Options

The thing is no-one claimed they knew anything about this deal until the Mail reported it as being done last night.

With so many different theories appearing about how far down the line the agreement is, I'm more inclined to believe the initial story reported and that the deal will be announced at the game tomorrow. Or is that just me being wildly optimistic?

I think this looks the best bet, this certainly has more strength to it than the previous story. It wouldn't go up on the OS without some kind of substance especially given the national and international coverage this takeover story has now received.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Suspect the costs at Jena are tiny, playing semi pro regional football in Germany.

Liege will cost money, but I suspect the running cost of a Pro League side aren't million miles away from a decent Championship club

4m euros for the German side.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The paranoia on this website is UNBELIVABLE! Certain people need to chill out and embrace this good news. The Belgium is in charge now and it will all be made official tomorrow before kick off. I'm sure if that.

There is no way on earth a statement would appear on the OS unless it was a done deal!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Not ITK but BBC, Sky are all reporting this and they have no real reason to unless it was very close to happening.
  • Options
    i would love that to be true and I hope it is
  • Options

The paranoia on this website is UNBELIVABLE! Certain people need to chill out and embrace this good news. The Belgium is in charge now and it will all be made official tomorrow before kick off. I'm sure if that.

There is no way on earth a statement would appear on the OS unless it was a done deal!

There was a statement on the OS re the Zabeel takeover.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Doosh-at-A-lay

and the other guy is:

Care-more-gon (soft 'n')
  • Options
    This is my best guess as we stand.
    There are two interested parties, neither of whom are Josh Harris. One very credible person is Roland Duchatelet (whose jib cut at the moment comes across well). The other person or persons are as yet unknown but I suspect closer to home with Charlton connections already. Both interested parties are rich, but certainly not mega rich at all.
    The deal ought to happen before the next wages are due, as they are due before a tranche of TV money kicks in, from the buyers perspective they sort out the wage situation straight away, and the TV money will then soften the blow of the initial outlay.
    All parties are aware and open about the cash flow imperative, and know the last cards are about to be played.
    All of the above pivots around the asking price, and subsequent proportions of the shareholding following a deal.
    There you go, based on guesswork, combined with info already out there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

There was a statement on the OS re the Zabeel takeover.
    That was back in the day when the club were owned by a plc and had to release that information. This statement is direct from the mostly silent Michael slater, who hasn't used the official lines to confirm takeover interest before.