Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

This is my best guess as we stand.
    There are two interested parties, neither of whom are Josh Harris. One very credible person is Roland Duchatelet (whose jib cut at the moment comes across well). The other person or persons are as yet unknown but I suspect closer to home with Charlton connections already. Both interested parties are rich, but certainly not mega rich at all.
    The deal ought to happen before the next wages are due, as they are due before a tranche of TV money kicks in, from the buyers perspective they sort out the wage situation straight away, and the TV money will then soften the blow of the initial outlay.
    All parties are aware and open about the cash flow imperative, and know the last cards are about to be played.
    All of the above pivots around the asking price, and subsequent proportions of the shareholding following a deal.
    There you go, based on guesswork, combined with info already out there.

I just hope that TJ doesn't start f*cking off the Belgium in some vain hope that a bigger and better bid is in the offering and end up scaring them both off. I REALLY want this takeover to happen!
  • Options
    Well, Mick Collins is pretty certain it's a done deal.

@MickPCollins "it's happened. All signed off and done. All good news, I think. Good riddance to the previous bunch..."
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Rothko said:

A middling Premier League club will always make more money then a Belgium club in the Champions League. Suspect the Belgium TV deals are a fraction of those for the Premier League alone

Didn't think mid to lower table prem teams made much money considering the huge increase in running costs?

Don't believe you need to worry your pretty little head about that for a looooooooong time, SL ....

:-)

• Options
    In terms of the context and the exposition of it all, we have a perfect stage set. Here we are between Christmas and the New Year, football all around us, traditional work and enterprise has slowed down a bit, and is not a distraction. Tomorrow we kick off at 3pm, so we have this evening, and then a long brunchtime tomorrow before the match. There is time for all parties to be in town, there is opportunity to close in on decisions, there is the platform of the match to sharpen the focus.
    If not now then when? If not now then why?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just seen his tweet after someone asked for money for January:

For sure man. I'm gonna do a fantastic parc of attraction with your stadium. EuroCharltonDisnay. What a dream, mon ami.

After reading the reports though, I do hope he is not another Glikstein!
  • Options
    Think some people are reading between the lines too much about why a statement was released and who it benefits etc. Maybe, just maybe....This Belgium bloke actually is in talks to take us over.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Well, Mick Collins is pretty certain it's a done deal.

@MickPCollins "it's happened. All signed off and done. All good news, I think. Good riddance to the previous bunch..."

For the deal to be closed, all current and some former directors have to sign off. At the time Colljns wrote it, at least one had not. Not to say they won't sign, but I think Collins has jumped the gun. I hope it doesn't have negative ramifications, as this bid was kept nicely under wraps until today.

• Options
    As I have understood things some directors, and the Bank, have a veto.
  • Options
    here we go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This could be all Waffle, lets see if they serve Stella in the bars at tomorrows game.

Love a crepe, especially a Belgian one.
  • Options
    Think this was confirmed a few pages back as a fake page
    DiscoCAFC said:

Just seen his tweet after someone asked for money for January:

For sure man. I'm gonna do a fantastic parc of attraction with your stadium. EuroCharltonDisnay. What a dream, mon ami.

After reading the reports though, I do hope he is not another Glikstein!

• Options
    disco please tell me you didn't believe that was really the bloke lol
  • Options

But as Henry most famously says.....when its on the OS. Untill then i find it funny people comparing us to Watford and how many loans we will have from SL. We will get taken over and any takeover wether we like it or not will eventually se us move from the valley.

Moving from the Valley is not part of Duchatelet's plan, I've been told. Worth bearing that in mind when weighing up other aspects of his possible plans, IF he turns out to be our new owner.
    Who told you this? And why would you or we believe this?
  • Options
    The conspiracy theorists are going into overdrive. The club would not announce it on our site to flush out any potential bidders. At this stage of an acquisition DD would have been done, a fee agreed after DD and is now in open forum for shareholders to be made aware of the situation. An official announcement will be out within the next seven days after the paperwork has been drawn up and aigned by all parties involved. For it too go pear shaped at this stage would ring major alarm bells.
  • Options
    Bertie Belgium wiould not be too pleased that his name is being bandied around to flush out another investor.
    Would assume he gave the club his permission to disclose his name.
    For that reason it may well be close.

If not ,looks like another paddle down shit creek.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

A middling Premier League club will always make more money then a Belgium club in the Champions League. Suspect the Belgium TV deals are a fraction of those for the Premier League alone

Whilst the income in the Premier is much higher so too are the costs, I don't know the answer to this but how many premier league clubs actually make a profit?
  • Options
    Who's bringing the Belgium flags tomorrow then? And what time should we be announcing signings of Lukaku Vermelaen and co?
  • Options
    This can only be good news if it goes through. We won't be a man city but this bloke should have enough to help us compete at the top of the champ and give us a shot at promotion.

And again if it does go through, on balance I think we can only say thanks to the current owners for what they've done since they took over.
  • Options
    Hazard loves our new owner so much he has asked for a transfer :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ps
    ....danny green aint happy.......just joking dan if you read CL
  • Options

The conspiracy theorists are going into overdrive. The club would not announce it on our site to flush out any potential bidders. At this stage of an acquisition DD would have been done, a fee agreed after DD and is now in open forum for shareholders to be made aware of the situation. An official announcement will be out within the next seven days after the paperwork has been drawn up and aigned by all parties involved. For it too go pear shaped at this stage would ring major alarm bells.

How do you know what stage it is at?

Might have done DD or might not have even started it.

Harris was meant to have completed DD and that deal didn't happen.

I'm not saying it won't happen (I hope very much it does) but it's not a "conspiracy theory" to wonder what is happening when so many other rumoured deals have fallen through.

When it is done then it is done but right now it isn't done. If it was the ownership would have changed on the companies house website but it hasn't.

Could be tomorrow, could be this week, could ne next year, could be never.

When it's on the OS....

• Options
    Location, location, location whk would of thought charlton would become a fasionable club.
    300 million for fulham ffs thats funnY
  • Options

The paranoia on this website is UNBELIVABLE! Certain people need to chill out and embrace this good news. The Belgium is in charge now and it will all be made official tomorrow before kick off. I'm sure if that.

There is no way on earth a statement would appear on the OS unless it was a done deal!

It's not paranoia, it is healthy concern.

Not sure how you can be "sure" the Belguim is in charge now especially as a few posts later you say you hope TJ doesn't scare him off.

The statement on the OS only said we were in talks. It didn't say it was a done deal because it isn't.

My gut feeling is that it is close but that means nothing as 1. It's just my gut 2. Close still means not done.
  • Options
    D what's your gutt feel mate
  • Options
    Watford fans are a lot happier with it than many realise.
    Quite frankly anyone would have been an improvement on the previous couple of owners we had hence the general support for the Pozzos.

Off the field they seem like good guys ready to help the club - for example the east stand development is actually happening

Typically there has been more criticism this season of the transfers dealings in the summer due to our position which showed how important Vydra and a fit Abdi were last season - the former not replaced

Not too many of the ne layers brought in have made much impact it must be said.

I guess that would be the issue - will you get a load of players who aren't any better than what you've got?

But then that is the case for any signing I guess

• Options

No one (not noone) has picked up on AB saying that there is other interest.

Didn't comment as was doing other things but also thought this was strange that this revelation was not commented upon.

• Options
    Since he owns other clubs - buying us is probably even better value in that he'll be able to utilise our tax losses at his other clubs this year and beyond with the possibility that if we can get promoted he'll have more than covered his outlay.

He'll then be able to use our cafcs past tax losses in future (I assume they are sizeable) if we ever become profitable. Not bad for 14m if he can get us up quickly and inexpensively.

Saw this linked on twitter - not sure if its been reposted here so apologies if so but interesting read and could indicate that our youth system might be a big factor in his interest.
    http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/8985/new-standards-reached-by-liege?cc=5739
  • Options
    To be honest I hope that it is a done deal and announced tomorrow, but I ask the question whether Mick Collins really knows better than Richard Murray - which is pretty obviously what Prague is saying - and what that says about the other owners if true?