Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Always knew it'd be a Belgian or a Moroccan.

...just realised TelMc made the same joke on the other thread. Shame on me.
  • Options
    Great news for all us CL lefties but bad news for our resident wing nuts!

God knows what Len Glover will make of it when he finds out Duchalet is a massive fan of the EU and wants to relocate the club to Brussels!
  • Options
    short term give Powell a new contract and let him invest in the team and I'm happy. Then over the long term we'll see
  • Options
    Good news, he is estimated to have or be worth £418 millions.
    Bad news, he has six children waiting to spend it!
  • Options
    So he is worth more than 501,000 euros. Half a billionaire then!
  • Options
    "What is clear, is that Roland Duchâtelet will have to quit all his functions at Sint-Truiden, as under the rules set out by UEFA and the Belgian FA, one person cannot be in control of two different clubs taking part in the same competition. "

Taken from Rothkos article ....... So what happens if we're pushing for a Champions League spot , which club will he sell
  • Options
    Sorry, cant edit previos post on my tablet, I meant 500,000,000 euros
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Sorry, cant edit previos post on my tablet, I meant 500,000,000 euros

worth about the same amount as Cash. Lets hope he's willing to throw in some of his money instead of KC (well, he is a lefty, so must love throwing his dosh away! :) )
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with his politics - I like the cut of his gib. Never forget that the great master of detective novels, Georges Simenon, was Belgian. So too was Rene Magritte, founder of the Surrealist movement....
  • Options
    If my German and French are good enough, think he also bought Carl Zeiss Jena for 2M Euro two weeks ago too - they are in German div 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If my German and French are good enough, think he also bought Carl Zeiss Jena for 2M Euro two weeks ago too - they are in German div 4.

Maybe he's the Belgian equivalent of the Pozzo family ?
  • Options
    Hopefully will sort out the catering. Leffe beer, Frittes with Mayo and waffles.
  • Options

Good spot. His son Roderick bought Ujpest two years ago who play in the top Hungarian league.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Just waiting for Len's views on us now being run from Brussels!! ;-)

That's nothing, wait until GoonerHater finds out we've been bought by a liberal!

Belgian Libs might be very different to Uk Lib party. Libs in Australia are more like Tory Party in UK. Don't think GoonerHater will be too upset.

• Options

Hopefully will sort out the catering. Leffe beer, Frittes with Mayo and waffles.

I'm with you on that, A. Save me a few bottles of Trappist ale, and I'll be singing all the way to Port Vale....

• Options
    1.20am UK time & over 100 users online - assuming this is because you are all back from the pub!! Don't think anything this exciting has ever come out of Belgium..
  • Options
    Well at least he'll be used to the flat atmosphere
  • Options
    Cut price Belgian Beer in the ground? I'm in.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

The Trappist Valley
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oakster said:

1.20am UK time & over 100 users online - assuming this is because you are all back from the pub!! Don't think anything this exciting has ever come out of Belgium..

I wondered how quickly we'd get round to naming the ten most famous Belgians. Number One: Eddie Mercx. Number Two: Eddie Mercx's wife. Er....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Good spot. His son Roderick bought Ujpest two years ago who play in the top Hungarian league.

So we're going to have a pre season tournament in Liege between us, Standard, Ujpest and Carl Zeiss Jena then. I like it!!
  • Options
    redsek said:

Cut price Belgian Beer in the ground? I'm in.

Could do with a Leffe, Chimay or Hoegaarden!
  • Options
    Will Jean-Claude Van Damme be making appearances?
  • Options

God knows what Len Glover will make of it when he finds out Duchalet is a massive fan of the EU and wants to relocate the club to Brussels!

Why?
    Not content with becoming extreme Tories over a decade of economy ruining, do the Labour Party now want to claim they are liberals?
    Pathetic

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Rather than flat, as you say, it's quite turbulent after all the Brussels sprouts...

• Options
    Is he a Walloon? Well, I think it's up to us to make that judgement...
  • Options

I wonder which Belgium players we will be getting on loan in January.

what about eden hazards bro

• Options
    Very flat. Belgium.
  • Options

Why?
    Not content with becoming extreme Tories over a decade of economy ruining, do the Labour Party now want to claim they are liberals?
    Pathetic

I don't see him as being a loony Leftie at all. The VLD is a party with origins in Thatcherism and with an idealology of Liberalism, social Liberalism and Conservative Liberalism. He wouldn't be so prudent with his cash if he was a Leftie. He'd put the club in mountains of debt, award himself a huge pay off before sailing off into the sunset, then claim it was all the fault of the new owners.