Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Stig said:

Missing the Charlton bogs cigarette Stig,

• Stig said:

Come on, Stig - the Belgian ale is far better than that. The trouble with you is that you love Fosters.

• sam3110 said:

Will Jean-Claude Van Damme be making appearances?

Those karate kicks have already been done - by a Frenchman in Sell-Out Park. The trawler is fishing for mussels - with mayonnaise sauce.

• I think Hercule Poiret was Belgian, too. Only five to go...

Fictional person.

Herge, who wrote the Tin Tin books was Belgian.
  • Great news for all us CL lefties but bad news for our resident wing nuts!

God knows what Len Glover will make of it when he finds out Duchalet is a massive fan of the EU and wants to relocate the club to Brussels!

Why?
    Not content with becoming extreme Tories over a decade of economy ruining, do the Labour Party now want to claim they are liberals?
    Pathetic

Oh, do try and get a grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PITnJAnmjqw
  • You guys know that Standard / Liege and this guy is french speaking right and not Flemish? :P
  • Liege is the french part of Belg
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing to do with this thread sorry but as I read from my hotel room in Costa Rica, am getting adverts for Taco Bell. We I never did. CL really is global.
  • Has the takeover been confirmed yet or is it still just media BS? I really hope it's true for once but with the daily mail it's not likely :(
  • Great news for all us CL lefties but bad news for our resident wing nuts!

God knows what Len Glover will make of it when he finds out Duchalet is a massive fan of the EU and wants to relocate the club to Brussels!

Why?
    Not content with becoming extreme Tories over a decade of economy ruining, do the Labour Party now want to claim they are liberals?
    Pathetic

I don't see him as being a loony Leftie at all. The VLD is a party with origins in Thatcherism and with an idealology of Liberalism, social Liberalism and Conservative Liberalism. He wouldn't be so prudent with his cash if he was a Leftie. He'd put the club in mountains of debt, award himself a huge pay off before sailing off into the sunset, then claim it was all the fault of the new owners.

He's a Walloonie Leftie, and having watched Absurdistan's video of Plastic Bertrand, I can't blame him....
  • Nothing to do with this thread sorry but as I read from my hotel room in Costa Rica, am getting adverts for Taco Bell. We I never did. CL really is global.

Did you say Taco Bell are taking over Plastic Bertrand and we are all moving to Costa Rica? Give me a few minutes to find my suitcase. What's the weather like over there...?

• Daily mail again, did they not report before that due diligence had been completed with the Americans? Maybe that was the slp? This article says that the American deal broke down at due diligence? Maybe I've just had too many beers.

Any new owner can easily win us over by renewing a few contracts. I feel that Powell signing would along way to convincing others to sign.

Anyways until it's on the OS / reported by people 'in the know'.
  • edited December 2013
    Great news.Sounds like a very promising deal.Hopefully he's going to be in this for the long haul.He's not as rich as Harris but he's been in the football business for some time so he probably understands the football culture and how this business should be run much better,which I think is very important.It will spare us the worry of a name/colour change or the kind of pain Caridff City have been enduring recently.
  • MrOneLung said:

Tea towel thrown away.
    Cowboy hat thrown away.

Giant inflatable waffle ordered.

No need to order that. It comes as part of the package deal - just ask for the PR department.
  • MrOneLung said:

Tea towel thrown away.
    Cowboy hat thrown away.

Giant inflatable waffle ordered.

Just be careful you haven't accidentally ordered a blue one.
  • Sponsored links:

• "What is clear, is that Roland Duchâtelet will have to quit all his functions at Sint-Truiden, as under the rules set out by UEFA and the Belgian FA, one person cannot be in control of two different clubs taking part in the same competition. "

Taken from Rothkos article ....... So what happens if we're pushing for a Champions League spot , which club will he sell

Not sure, but the main thing is that all is OK for next season's Johnstone's Paint Trophy campaign. (Insert smiley face here).
  • Lot of experts in Belgian youth football and politics here. Bravo.
  • Some bizarre statements of fact on here ready! Personally I'll reserve judgement until something actually happens, although we didn't exactly do that with the last lot.
  • DRF said:

Some bizarre statements of fact on here ready! Personally I'll reserve judgement until something actually happens, although we didn't exactly do that with the last lot.

The difference this time is that it is being reported as a completed deal, and (reportedly) appeared on Belgian news. Seems more solid than any of the previous stories.
  • Davo55 said:

DRF said:

Some bizarre statements of fact on here ready! Personally I'll reserve judgement until something actually happens, although we didn't exactly do that with the last lot.

The difference this time is that it is being reported as a completed deal, and (reportedly) appeared on Belgian news. Seems more solid than any of the previous stories.
    True but fingers crossed.

• The things these Belgians do to be famous!
  • He has a Moroccan Father. Masicat always right.....
  • I'll wait until the club says something officially - declining to comment at the moment might mean another party are interested? If true though, let's hope for some funds and a season ticket price freeze!
  • You guys know that Standard / Liege and this guy is french speaking right and not Flemish? :P

From news articles I have seen, I think he is Flemish.