Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• So that's the Belgian taking care of all we need now is a Moroccan
  • Typical ! I'm logged into CL all day, decide to concentrate on the cricket come 11.30pm, regret it, have a good lie in and find all THIS !

I'm def not one of those ITK so this news comes as a BIG surprise this morning.

Sounds like very good news but as others have rightly stated, let's not get out the champers( OK- Cava) until it's officially a done deal and on the OS.

No official announcement but individually wrapped chocs handed out at the turnstiles tomorrow = new owners .

Feel a trip is on the cards to SL on Monday to check the water level in the Memorial Garden .....!
  • Lets hope this one gets announced in the next few hours / days if its been completed... Certainly hope Richard Murray stays on with his expert knowledge in the club foundations etc...

Wasnt it between Xmas and New Year that Michael Slater took over?
  • Thank you Jimenez/Slater/Cash for the last few years. Installed a fans favourite manager, got promoted with some excellent signings, didn't sell our best players and have now made a sale to a seemingly sensible new owner. You wasn't everyone's cup of tea and the relationship with staff and fans could have been better but you've left the club in a better state than it was when you took over.

Cheers
    ValleyGary aka Tony Jimenez

Fair - but still bloody glad they will soon be gone. Since KC (and his sunshine band?) withdrew funding we have been limping along in near bankruptcy, the contractual situation has become critical, there has been no real investment in the team, we under-invested in the academy so missed out on the top level, the stadium has become tired and the pitch a disgrace. It certainly hasn't all been bad, and it would probably have been a lot worse if they hadn't bought us, but we needed to change ownership to move forward.
  • Mick Collins comments kind of blow pragues out of the water then

And if so that's just fine with me. However I will just wait a little longer before believing it's all done and dusted.

• At least three stories on the OS published since this and nothing yet about it. I'm not saying it's not true but the Daily Mail stories have not always turned out to be 100% have they?
  • I hope this is true and not a load of old "WAFFLE"
  • Will we have frites and mayo at the valley. Hope so.
  • At least he won't change our colour to blue

The pessimist in me says Watford mark 2, feeder club to his real love and a bit of loony politics thrown in. Charlton has always been a left wing club but this is ridiculous :)

We could be re-branded as Bog Standard Liege :-)

• Can't see that it isn't true if Sky are reporting it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't suppose there'll be any official announcement today. If the new owner wants to come in with a blaze of fireworks, then it's matchday tomorrow. If they don't, and I'm sure this is more the style of the old guard, it seems more likely to be done quietly on a work day.
  • A match made in heaven...

• Stig said:

I don't suppose there'll be any official announcement today. If the new owner wants to come in with a blaze of fireworks, then it's matchday tomorrow. If they don't, and I'm sure this is more the style of the old guard, it seems more likely to be done quietly on a work day.

I think they'll be announced on the pitch tomorrow tbh.
  • It's worth re-stating that being Belgian and subject to stringent EU rules it isn't 'funny money', so no danger of our new owner being banged up for tax evasion in Thailand. I rather like the sound of all this - his previous experience with football clubs should prevent him from changing our colours on an astrologer's whim. Belgium does have a certain cachet, being in the heart of Europe and all that - Arab and Far Eastern dosh is just so vulgar.

Sorry if I missed something but what have Sky reported exactly?

• Anybody who knows a bit about football will have seen that we are only one or two players away from being extremely competitive.
  • Anybody who knows a bit about football will have seen that we are only one or two players away from being extremely competitive.

Yep. I saw that.

• Until there is other sources than the Mail, I will not be too excited
    Not even the usual ITK poster are posting.
  • Well its good news to have someone less mysterious owning the club and the timing is just about perfect....yes the news has even reached us over here.

Here's to a new begining.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know if Len has heard the news about our European brothers?

Yep. I saw that.

The problem is, one of those is a pacy goal scoring striker and they are not that cheap - Benty on loan possibly?

Didn't sky break the Zabeel story?
    Let's hope this one works out,don't think i can take anymore :0

• He's a bit mad according to someone who's a bit knowledgable in that field. But don't want to scupper things.
  • The ITKs are sulking because they didn't know.

Yer, where are they all ?

• Anyone else reporting it or just the mail?
  • Is it too soon to speculate on signing Darren Bent and the possibility of the playoffs?
  • The anti Facebook page dates from when he first took over Liege and sold players. Fans more grateful now top of league!
  • @CAFCofficial: TAKEOVER TALK: Read a club statement here --> http://t.co/l6JqjMkGBC. (IL) #cafc
  • A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.