Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    DA9 said:

Your all forgetting the important questions, can he fix potholes and how tall is he?

He enjoys DIY, apparently. And has six kids from two marriages. And goes on holiday to South of France. Not sure how tall, though.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.

No disrespect to Airman, but much better first moves would be to give CP a new deal, get critical first team players on new contracts, sort out a wages/loans/transfer budget that gives CP a chance to strengthen in January. I hope Airman comes back but the new owner has quite possibly never heard of him and it is unlikely to be top of his agenda.
    The original comment genuinely made me laugh, most charlton fans wouldn't care whether they gave him his old job back, contracts and signings are the priority
    And let them get their own off field team in. That may include those that lost their jobs under the old regime, it may not. They seem to know football so I would trust them more than this lot.
  • Options
    If the owners were apparently looking for £35m a while back, there must have been a few people sniffing about for £25-30m. If so, they must be kicking themselves now if all this is true.

If we can avoid administration and sign some new contracts I'd be chuffed. A new player or two would be great obviously but I'd consider that a bonus before the summer. That's IF this happens.
  • Options
    If Roland Duchatelet is reading this: On your next trip over to London, could you possibly find your way to bring me over a few pouches of Golden Virginia? Cheers...............
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

If RM remains involved in some capacity, I would be even more encouraged.

Well, I hope he'll carry on doing the matchday thread.
  • Options
    BBC running the story now, albeit a rehash of the mail and the statement on the OS. Lets hope this deal gets pushed over the line and quickly!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    on the OS

done deal by the looks of it

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131228-takeover-talk-1260033.aspx

edit: just seen that most people already know this.
  • Options
    I am now following Roland Duchatelet on twitter, my Belgian is a little rusty or do I mean French or is it German or it might be Dutch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We really need a Flemish speaker for this but at least we know we what he looks like. I am assuming the 'basisinkomen' he is campaigning for is more 'living wage' than 'minimum wage'. Splendid fellow...

http://www.lvsvgent.be/agenda/2013/11/20/basisinkomen
  • Options
    Yeah I reckon this'll be confirmed on the pitch tomorrow
  • Options
    @SkySportsPeteO: Charlton confirm takeover talks are currently taking place with Belgian millionaire and political activist Roland Duchatelet. #cafc
  • Options
    sholland said:

I am now following Roland Duchatelet on twitter, my Belgian is a little rusty or do I mean French or is it German or it might be Dutch.

I've just gone on his twitter and Google has translated one tweet to read:

It still has to face, to kiss Mourinho fucking ... I say that, I must content myself with JF and pouraves teeth ..

Err what??
  • Options
    I think you'll find that isn't really him.
  • Options

We really need a Flemish speaker for this

I'm off down the pub soon. By the time I get home I'll be fluent..................
  • Options

sholland said:

I've just gone on his twitter and Google has translated one tweet to read:

It still has to face, to kiss Mourinho fucking ... I say that, I must content myself with JF and pouraves teeth ..

Err what??
    This Twitter account is marked "Compte parodique" (Parody account). Don't think it's him!
  • Options
    sholland said:

Or Flemish?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

If the owners were apparently looking for £35m a while back, there must have been a few people sniffing about for £25-30m. If so, they must be kicking themselves now if all this is true.

If we can avoid administration and sign some new contracts I'd be chuffed. A new player or two would be great obviously but I'd consider that a bonus before the summer. That's IF this happens.

This!
    £35-40M is the rumoured asking price last summer when we were 9th and just three points off a play-off place - the club has more value the closer it is to the Premier League. Six months later and we are at the wrong of the table and dabbling with relegation so the value has halved! And then dropped another 20% in recent weeks - according to the Daily Mail who are getting their numbers from somewhere.

It will be great if a deal goes through over the next couple of weeks for all the reasons stated - with the right signings we can be looking at the right end of the table by the end of 2014
  • Options
    We definitely need William Vainqueur in on loan from Liege. That's on a level with Fuchs and Kunst and Lopez Ufarte
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedPanda said:

according to the Daily Mail who are getting their numbers from somewhere.

A little bird told me that the leak to the mail about Josh Harris came from Kevin Cash himself, so maybe this one is from the same source?.............
  • Options

We really need a Flemish speaker for this but at least we know we what he looks like. I am assuming the 'basisinkomen' he is campaigning for is more 'living wage' than 'minimum wage'. Splendid fellow...

http://www.lvsvgent.be/agenda/2013/11/20/basisinkomen

It's Dutch. I speak a little, the gist is:

He was doing a talk about his basic income idea. According to the blurb he needs no introduction because he's an entrepreneur, politician and involved in football.

At the event, there was an opportunity to ask him questions.

He seems like a thinking man with a social conscience.
  • Options
    A little bird told me that the leak to the mail about Josh Harris came from Kevin Cash himself, so maybe this one is from the same source?.............

Big difference it that this potential takeover is shown on the Charlton website

• Options
    It never occurred to me there would be a parody account of a Belgian.
  • Options
    Is it me or does he look a little like Hugh Heffner?
  • Options
    Oh no the bloody ACV is mentioned again! That's sure to scupper it!

• Options

From his what looks like a parody twitter account.

@R_Duchatelet: @JoeBTownsend For sure man. I'm gonna do a fantastic parc of attraction with your stadium. EuroCharltonDisnay. What a dream, mon ami.
  • Options
    I don't believe there'd be any announcement from the club unless it were a "done deal". There's probably some tax advantage to getting it done before year-end.